Author Topic: Lorena Gale, 51  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Lorena Gale, 51
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:46:18 PM »
But there was also Lorena Gale some days ago (June 21st), who gave much to science fiction. Her work on The X-files, Battlestar Galactica (Elosha), The Chronicles of Riddick, Smallville, The Outer Limits, Millenium, The Day the Earth Stood Still---a roster of sci fi cameos solidified her in the hearts and minds of many a sci fi geek.

There's an ancient proverb, best understood in modern context: some of us are in the parade, and some of us are on the sidewalk, waving. These people were in the parade, and we were waving... time and again.

People forget what science fiction is about. It's not just those improbable, fantastical dreamscapes that permeate our culture through cinema, literature and television. Science fiction is a way of escaping the doldrums.

People die. People will always die. And it will always stink. We all deserve some reprieve. Some escape. So I can't promise around-the-clock coverage of celebrity deaths, because I am the sci fi examiner. I'm not here to drag you down to the dregs of everyday life. I'm here to take you away.

Source: Examiner.com