Author Topic: celeste's diary  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
celeste's diary
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
dear diary;

tis guid tae be able ta sit and write, agin.  i am sitt'n on me balcony, looking out over tha garden, spi' assigned me a verra nice room.  it be tha green room, on the third floor a tha servants tower.  everyone has been verra nice ta this lass since she walked in 'bout a week ago.  Story Night was wonderful, and they were verra kind tae allow this lass tae sing a song.  the week was busy, i needed tae learn where things were, and i explored the Castle.  my goodness!  there be sae 'interesting' rooms in this place!  (blushes, recalling the items in the dungeon).

there be interesting people, too.  spi, of course, be tha closest tae me right now.  she still be teachin me about MacLaaran.  (Smiles)  when i returned tae me room last night, it was full a new clothes, towels, and other items a lass needs.  Lord Luge has been verra kind, and i need tae visit him in tha smithy an see how he is doing.  there has also been visitors, and this lass has been able tae serve.  Lord Raven appeared last night, an he wasn't in his proper mind fer a while, but after we visited in tha library he seemed tae get better.

this lass wishes all a guid All Hallows Eve.  she will be in another village tonite, this lass has been hir'd tae play music at a wedd'n.  aye...a wedd'n on All Hallows Eve.  i will tell ya all 'bout it when i return.  i need tae leave now, the horses are being brought about.  i will be take'n me guid lute, an me vielle.  i will be search'n tha Castle fer an 'irish harp', that really is me best instrument, an i can easily sing while i play.  bye fer now.

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Medi

Re: celeste's diary
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
staggers in...disheveled...a crown of reeds and flowers adorning her hair...but not wearing the gown she had been wearing in the morning when she had ridden out to the village.

'glory be tae....'  (i can't recall the rest of the prayer).

'methinks me will never play fer a All Hallows Eve  weddin', agin.'

i pull back the covers from the bed, and undress, and collapse in the bed.

'we shall nevera speak a tha 'All Hallows Eve' weddin' agin'.

but, a sly smile escapes this lasses mouth, before she sleeps.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »
dear diary;

this eve was verra wonderful.  spi and her admirer were there, an i got tae see spi serve.  she be sae lovely, an graceful, she made this irish lass feel like a lout beside 'er.  (giggles)  i served, an a visit'n Lord gifted this lass wi' a lovely 'irish harp'.  i sang a song tae spi, an i saw 'er smile.  i must learn muir songs like tha one, i will seek out bards an local jongleurs.  they must know muir songs.

spi gave me some muir outfits, an i will try them on.  the visit'n Lords seemed tae like them...i did try them all on...and i canna decide which one i like tha best.  Castle MacLaaran ha' been sae wonderful tae this lass, an she be sae grateful.  she will keep learnin' 'bout tha Castle, an will keep learnin' from spi.  an', a course, this lass will keep bein' nice tae the Lords an Ladies.  this lass be a servant, and she knows 'er place.

goes to sleep, thinking about a particular Lord...smiling.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
dear diary...(it is early in the morning).

och, these last few days be verra, verra, difficult.  but, (relieved sigh), spi be back, an safe, at MacLaaran.  M'Lord Jeremiah 'an i rode out in pursuit, when we 'erd tha' she was miss'n. i think that M'Lady Dream will be verra cross wi' me when we see each other agin'.  M'Lady did tell this lass ta stay, an, i dinna obey 'er.  i jus' hope tha i will be allowed ta stay a' MacLaaran.  but, i knew tha spi was in verra big trouble, an i cuid nae just stay in tha castle.  (also, i cuid nae let M'Lord Jeremiah pursue on 'is own...i jus' cuid nae help meself).  M'Lord was verra guid ta this lass.  i felt verra safe, an He treated me like a Lady.  (blush)  He brought coneys fer breakfast for us, i dunno how He caught them, an they were verra delicious.

i still do nae know wha' 'appened at tha hunt'n lodge.  i stayed back wi' M'Lady, an tha' two Lords went in.  M'Lady is a guid archer...She shot a lout tha was sneakin up on one a the Lords...an then nocked another arrow as if She was jus a' the practice stan's.  M'Lord Jeremiah had giv'n this lass a dagger, an i held onta it, but i dinna know wha tae do wi' it.  this lass be a musician, nae a fighter.  (altho', this lass can kick, an scratch, and bite, when she needs tae).  spi was brought to us, after a bit, an she was in bad shape. she 'ad been drugged, an, she dinna recognize any of us.  i wrapped 'er in me travel'n cloak, an then rode back tae the castle.  one a tha Lords carried 'er.  when we got back, i sat by spi's bed all night.  i kept the fire stoked, sae the room wuid be warm, an' fed 'er water a few times.

well, me diary, i be going tae sleep few a little while.  i be verra, verra tired.  i will get up, soon, an see iffin i can be a service.  i jus be a servant, an need tae keep busy.

celeste     
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »
dear diary...

'wha can i say ta ye about me past week.  me fortunes 'ha changed sae much...'an nae fer the better.  (sad smile)  but, i hae nae one tae blame except meself.

well enough on tha' subject, i will nae feel sorry fer meself, it wuid nae be pleas'n tae tha' others tae have a lass mopin' around tha castle.  i will keep try'n tae be pleasing, and will always remember me place, as a servant.  i be lucky tae be allowed a chance tae earn a place here at MacLaaran, and i will keep that in me thoughts.  i be verra happy fer the guid fortunes of Lord Jeremiah, He wi' be a wonderful Lord a tha Castle, an this lass is sure tha' He will give wise advice tae the Council.

i wrote a 'nother song last night, and tried it wi' the lovely irish harp this mornin'.  it be a somewhat sad song, but methinks tha' it is a guid one.  here it is...

...'i wish i was in Carrickfergus.  only for nights in Ballygrand.  i would swim over the deepest ocean.  the deepest ocean for my love to find'...

...'but the sea is wide and i cannot swim over. neither have i wings to fly.  if i could find me a handsome boatman, to ferry me over to my love and die'...

...'la la la, la la la, la la la laaaa'...

...'my childhood days bring back sad reflections.  of happy times spent so long ago.  my childhood friends and my own relations, have all passed on now like melting snow'...

...'but i'll spend my days in endless roaming.  soft is the grass, my bed is free.  ah, to be back now in Carrickfergus, on that long road down to the sea'...

...i'll spend my days in endless roaming.  soft is the grass, my bed is free.  but i am sick now, and my days are numbered.  come all you young men, and lay me down'...

...'come all you young men, and lay me down'...

well, tha' be all fer this day, dear diary, i be off now, on me chores.

celeste
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »
(sitting in her chamber, at a small desk, writing)

dear diary;

agin, life ha' shewn itsel' tae be verra complex, an' aine lass canna figur' it out, at all.

(runs left hand over the lovely Castle Collar locked around her slender neck, and then briefly fondles the silver necklace, with the dangling pendant that has the word 'trust' engraved upon the back).

aye, me diary, tha' lesson tha' this lass be learn'n.  'trust'.  (i sigh, briefly, and close my large blue eyes, then open them).  this lass nea'r learn'd tae 'trust' while she be grow'n up.  she always believ'd tha' worst 'bout people, an never believ'd tha' she cuid be loved, 'specially after she be displeas'n.  she always believ'd tha' she cuid ne'er be fergiv'n.  this lass see tha' she has nae been see'n things as they really be, an, 'er life 'as been 'arder, cause of it.  she wi' try ta' mend 'er ways, 'an tae jus' do 'er best tae be pleas'n, an not tae give up when she makes a mistake, but tae learn, an muiv on wi' 'er life, an' try tae be an honor tae 'er collar an' MacLaaran.

well, me diary, tha' be all fer now, thi' lass needs tae get 'er beauty sleep, an' then get up early fer 'er chores.  M'Lady Sioban, tha' owner a tha' Coffee Shoppe, seems tae be 'appy wi' me werk there, so far.  i 'ope tha' the billy goat tha' chased me back tae tha' Castle this afternoon be locked up, now.  (grins)  an' i 'ope tha' i can find tha varlet tha' bet agin me makin' it back tae tha' Castle before the billy butted me in me butt...'e owes this lass five farthin's.   (LOL)

celeste {CM}
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 12:30:27 AM »
(at the small desk, writing in a journal).

dear diary;

i be verra, verra glad tae be back a' tha' Castle.  i still 'elp out a' tha Coffee Shoppe, but spen' most a me time a' tha' Castle. there be sae much tae do 'ere, it be me firs' winter a' MacLaaran.  i did me best tae 'elp a Lady in tha' infirmary, i 'ope tha' She liked tha dress i picked out fer 'er, She luik'd verra, verra lovely.   She ha' been thru a lot, an She ha' a Lord who ha' been hoverin' over 'er.  i 'ope tha they both feel welcome in tha Castle, we be keepin' nice ruims fer 'em.  i wi' be watchin' fer wha' i can dae ta 'elp.  in tha' meantime. i be well.  i be 'ome.

(i close my diary, and then undress and scurry under the covers of my bed, in the lovely 'green room' on the 3rd floor of the servants quarters).

celeste {CM}

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 01:26:26 AM »
(at the small desk, writing in a journal).

dear diary;

i be so 'appy...spi 'as returned tae tha Castle! 

i ha' been away fer tha' last few days, playin' me music fer a festival, an' ha' jus entered tha Castle when i wa' told tha' the first lass was back!  (wiping tears of joy, not wanting to stain the pages).  it be verra late ri' now, an i don' want tae disturb 'er sleep.  i wi' find 'er on tha morrow, an wi' make 'er a proper welcome.  I also 'ere tha' Lord Luge be visit'n agin, an mayhaps other Lords an Ladies.  i wi' make sure tha me instruments be tuned, an ready tae please all tha 'ere them.  i wi' also get me beauty sleep...a tired lass be a no use tae anyone.

(closes the journal, and places it in a drawer in the desk, then softly closes the drawer.  celeste then rises, and checks to see that the fire is banked, and then undresses and climbs into her warm bed.  before she lays her head on the pillow, she reaches over and briefly caresses her favorite lute, who is sleeping under a blanket in a basket nearby.  'aye, lassie, we wi' be verra busy the next few days, methinks'.  the lute strings grumble a bit, and then fade away.  celeste then curls up in her bed, in the green room on the third floor, comforted by the knowledge that spi is sleeping directly above her)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »
dear diary;

it wa' verra nice tae be able tae serve last even'n, an tae see M'Lord Luge agin.  it wa' also verra nice tae see a new Lord visit'n wi' us.  och, i found out tha' i wa' quite rusty in me serv'n, it ha' been so long since i ha' an opportunity tae serve.  but, spi wa' verra patient, an' i will get back tae where i was...an' prob'ly become an even better lass.  the Castle is coming alive, agin, an' it wi' provide warmth and succor tae all who enter.  i 'ope tae do me best tae make all who enter feel verra welcome, and 'appy tha' they dropped in.  i wi' keep study'n, an' ask'n questions, an' learn'n fra' spi, she be tha' best lass.

i be back, later, diary, i need tae do some chores in tha' guest rooms.

celeste {CM-t}
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 10:27:15 PM »
dear diary;

i am sitting at the table in the small room behind the counter at the 'Coffee Shoppe'.  i had finished entering the accounts for the days activity into the Journal, and had locked the coins into M'Lady Siobhan's drawer.  my small coin pouch is a little bit heavier at my belt, i had been allowed to keep some of my tips from singing and playing.  i am now writing in my diary, and my large, dark blue eyes are focused on making the writing as careful as i can.  at times i idly run the index finger of my right hand over my smooth neck, unadorned, except for the thin, gold chain that holds a small gold cross...a gift from one who had held my indenture for a brief period of time.  there had been a time when i had worn a Castle Collar, and a very special necklace...

'och, me diary...wa' can thi' lass say tae ye, 'cept tha' life be verra 'ard tae unnerstan'.  it wa' sae lovely tae serve a' tha' Castle agin', an thi' lass lov'd tae serve the Lords an' Ladies, an' did enjoy tha' even'n verra, verra much.  i really lov'd danci'n wi' tha' 'andsome young Lord, an tha' rest a' tha' evenin' was, well...verra nice.  *giggles*  but, now i need tae ken me place, an' tae stay 'ere in tha' village, an' let spi an' 'er lasses care fer tha' Castle.  M'Lady Siobhan ha' hinted tha' she may let me buy me indenture fra' 'er...i almost ha' tha' coin ta' pay fer it, an iffen i can pay tha' price i wi' be FREE!!!!  'a course, i wi' ha' tae keep wuirkin' a' tha' Coffee Shoppe tae earn me keep, but, mayhaps i wi' be able tae' fin' me a nice little cottage tae live in...tae 'ave a 'ome a' me own.  *sighs*  i dae 'ope tae be able tae visit tha' Castle many times, agin, an' tae 'elp a' tha' festivities...i miss tha' sae much...

well, enuf fer thi' eve, me diary, i wi' write tae ye agin...

celeste
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman