Author Topic: Small update  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Small update
« on: November 25, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
Just wanted to update my family who haven't been in the loop lately with our adventures... ~snorts~ We are no longer in a trailer, in fact, I found some old friends I used to go to college with in my hometown in Cali, they are the parents of the one we are living with currently, and who is the grandparents of the cute 1 yo child who we have adopted as our nephew... There are things going on in the house that I really can't get into right now, though soon things will more than likely change for the better, as soon as the baby is downloaded on the 12th of December... ~giggles~ The family adopted that word in place of the words gives birth...

On another front, as some of you knew, we found a game store that we were getting free wi-fi access at, well it's now official, the store is closed, but there is an upside to this, hubby and I are becoming partners with the former owner of the store and opening an Ebay store, hoping to sell things from the store there, and maybe get enough money to open another store here in town in say about a year or two... At least until the economy settles down... I will be posting links to the new Ebay Store when it's up and running up in the Offsite Announcement boards... ~smiles and winks at Rags~ Right now, we are currently racing with time to get everything inventoried and placed into an inventory listing database so we know what is what, and where it's going to go in the store... I will tell you this, there is still a lot of Magic: The Gathering cards to go through, we originally thought maybe 10,000 cards in all, then we were told there was more like 35,000, but the official number is in the 50,000+ range... And I still have to go through them all, sort them by color, spells, creatures, and editions... That's going to take at least a weekend, and we are more then likely going to be doing that at our roommate's parent's house, at least then we know the cards won't be destroyed by a 1 year old... ~laughs~

I go in tomorrow morning for my echocardiogram, and I will if possible give my family an update, if I can't get on line, because the power has been shut off here at the store, I will call Shoko and give her an update, or go use some of the wireless connection at the other house... Though, I don't expect to be offline for a long period of time, as we will have access to wireless, we are getting cable probably by the beginning of next month, as we will need almost constant access to the site so we can make sure to keep things going out and in stock...

Just know that I love you all very much, and can't wait til I can be more apart of the family than I have been able to be in the past 4 months...

Rags... I wouldn't want my life to be mundane anytime soon, I like it busy and bordering on insanity, besides I don't want anything bad to happen to my nephew, not when I have come to have him trust me enough to steal my bed at night... ~laughs~ and I am sorry I haven't been around much, as I feel I am letting not only you, but the entire camp down with my absence... ~sad smile~ But I do plan on returning and getting back into the teaching you have me working on, and I haven't been idle in my downtime either... though I do have some questions to ask you about some things, but I will pester you about those at a later time...

~sends tons of huggles and kisses to my family and slips off into the night of insanity once more~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Small update
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 06:17:27 PM »
 :-* ;)

Offline Salem

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:40:50 PM »
Ebay store huh ? Time to fill my paypal account with moolah...
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Taryn

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »
Well the store is almost up and going, I will be adding a link to it on the Offsite Announcement Boards at the top of the message board in the main section... Things are going a bit crazy, it all started with the fact we had to move out the apartment because the "bitch" wanted us out, and well in order to keep her from running and taking their son again... This was Monday, well the "bitch" had a prenatal appointment that afternoon, she went, and we found out later when our now former roommate came home from work that he needed a ride to the hospital, he got word that since she was having issues with her health, like dizziness, lightheadedness and some other issues that she was going to be admitted... Ray took him up to the hospital and it seems that she was complaining of a severe headache, and that she had had it for the past few days, and the vicodin that they, the doctors, gave her 30 mins before didn't touch it, they did a few tests, in the end, she got more than she bargained for, she was put on magnesium sulfate and a catheter put into place, all the while she is asking if this is all necessary or not, all she wanted was to be induced and get back to her normal self... Mind you, she was 2 weeks early, but she was born... She was in NICU, and I believe she might still be there, but I am not sure... Mom is doing well, not a happy camper, ~sweet little smile~ but I do believe she learned the hard way not to complain and expect to have nothing like massive meds pured into your system to help conteract the health issues that are going on... Though after this, she's not going to have anymore kids, that is being taken care of...

My adopted niece was born on December 2, 2008 at 1:30pm... Her name is Ariadne Rohan, she was 5lbs 14oz, and 18" long... I may have misspelled her name, but I do feel sorry for her, as saying her name when she gets older is going to be a test and a task... but at least she didn't get a double middle name like "momma" wanted to do... she also wasn't named until yesterday evening... ~snickers~

I am off to keep the children at the house we are staying out entertained for a time, as I think their parents went off to get something to eat and talk about things, which I think might pertain to us, as we have been told we can only stay here until Sunday... ~sighs~ That is what is causing the most stress, trying to find out where to go after this, as we need access to the net and the shelters don't have access, in fact, we can't even take the computer with us, period to a shelter... So unless things change, it's going to be interesting after Sunday...

Offline ki

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 07:25:20 PM »
You may not be able to take Your comp with You
so instead
take his thoughts and prayers with You.

best wishes Mistress
he is a beast. steel bound..he does not change..he goes on... tho the day passes on leaden feet.. and the sky weeps.. he goes on ..

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:33:20 PM »
Hang tough sis. *Huggers*  :-*

Offline Taryn

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »
I have posted a link to the Ebay store up in the Offsite Announcements, I invite everyone to come and check our new store out... and yes, if there is something you want to get your hands on, just contact me here on the boards, through the IM feature, and I will see about getting what it is you desire...

I wish you all well, and hopefully within the next few days, I will be able to come into camp for longer than 5 mins... ~smiles softly~ As we are already selling things, about as quick as I can post them, which is slow at the moment, because my keyboard is starting to lose keys... ~laughs~

Love to you all...