Author Topic: Clan of Healer's Chore Log  (Read 28653 times)

kelsey

Re: Clan of Healer's Chore Log
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 07:24:05 PM »
The following items need to be completed in light of the battle with the Kataii.  Except where assigned, feel free to jump in on any task:

Prepare more healing salve - kadi is assigned to make the healing salve with the bosk fat as the binding agent.  kadi, make sure the fat is rendered first.  This should done over two days...one to render the fat.....the second to make the salves

Prepare more honey based healing salve

Prepare slave wine - Taryn

Prepare more saline

Prepare more antiseptic

Make lavenia tincture

prepare more valerian - I purchased 30 bags of Valerian root at the Point.  There was not enough time to prepare it before the war.  (I haven't researched this yet to figure out how to do it)

Roll bandages

there is a 1/2 stone crate of moss that needs to be measured out into packets for the moss paste we use for bruising, etc.

prepare suture materials

Kelsey

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »
Prepare slave wine - Taryn

1 container (20 doses) Slave Wine made last night (May 4) cooled overnight and ready to be dispensed this evening (May 5)

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 05:48:03 PM »
she made a 100 jars of buck bush and agrimary salve over two days
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

kelsey

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 08:24:10 PM »
24 jars of agrimony/bluegrass salve made

kelsey

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »
24 jars of bosk fat based agrimony/blugrass salve made

Kelsey

Offline Taryn

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 08:45:49 PM »
Restocked the medical kits in camp, and tomorrow will be working on stocking the med kits for the entire inner circle wagons for migration.. Leticia has the list of items taken from the inventory and used to replenish the medical kits (will post on that tomorrow when I can see and type straight)

Offline Taryn

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 10:05:15 PM »
Been working in the outer circle wagons on getting their inventory of salves and other important things that will be needed for the up and coming migration... I will return to the inner circle when my task is done...

Offline Taryn

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2009, 08:51:15 PM »
I have gotten most of the inventory for the outer circle wagons fully done, as well as help some of the apprentices out there with some practice testing on things they should know already, I intend to return to out there for another hand, or less, depending on what occurs...

I have also taken to doing rounds of the wagons, there are a few people that are getting up in their years that need to be tended to at least once a hand, and two of the Warriors that had been severely injured in the last battle are near the end of their life, who I have decided to tend to myself...

Offline Taryn

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »
Made 36 jars of bosk fat based agrimony healing salve tonight (Dec 14) to be placed in medical kits in camp and personal wagons.. They are at present cooling, and should be ready to have the lids placed on them in about 4 ahn when they are cool enough to do so. Will make half as many honey based healing salve in the next few days as well.

Also made up enough pre-threaded needles of both straight and curved, and silk and bosk gut thread, also to be placed in medical kits around camp. Will be making more tomorrow, to add to the personal wagon medical kits.

Also being made is clove, lyptus, lavendar and rosemary oil, which should be able to be transferred to small vials in the morning, which can be added to the healer's bags and medical kits, if necessary.

And I have been able to get half the amount of willow bark placed in pouches to also be added to not only the medical kits of camp and wagons, but also for the healer's bags.

I will be working on more supplies in the next few days.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:12:59 PM by Taryn »

Offline Taryn

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 01:50:04 AM »
Another 36 jars of bosk fat based agrimony healing salve has been made, the jars are still cooling, though by morning they should be ready to be put away or added to the medical kits for camp and the wagons for migration.

Will be making up honey based healing salve come tomorrow night, though I will only be making up a batch for 36 jars, as the supply of honey is low, and will the honey will more than likely be used for other needs during migration.

Leticia along with Lessa another healer, are working to make up two large batches of rendered bosk fat, so if the need arises for more healing salve, there will be enough to do so.

I was also able to fill 24 small vials of the following oils:
Lavender
Clove
Lyptus
Rosemary
These will be added to the medical kits, as well for the healer bags as well.

I was also able to make up 12 more pouches of willow bark, they are located in a brown colored pouch, each pouch has enough to make three cups of tea.

I have some other herbs made up into pouches, that will be set aside in the medical wagon or in the healer bags, such as basil, chamomile, spearmint and ginsing for use in teas when and if needed.

More will be added tomorrow, and I hope to be able to redistribute the medical kits to their proper places come tomorrow night, fully replenished. As I am going to sleep for a few ahn and return in the early morning to continue with the chores.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »
All 5 medical kits have been replenished, two of them were nearly empty and had to be completely restocked. They have been placed back to the posts at the spar pit, practice field, Ubar's wagon, kennel wagon and outside the commissary wagon.

24 more jars of bluegrass salve was made up this morning by Leticia and Lessa. There is now a total of 48 jars, minus the 4 jars that were placed in the medical kits.

Leticia, Lessa and I will be working through the night to work on the same things to make sure we have enough to supply the inner circle wagons with medical kits for migration. The old and battered med kits have been replaced by those of the Seamstress's Clan.

We hope to have them made up by the end of the hand (Sunday night).

Offline Taryn

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »
Items to get from the supplies given to camp by the new woman:

Food Stuffs
1 crate of 100 jars of honey
5 casks of pepper

Medical Supplies
IV Bottles 20 bottles/case 5 cases
Willowbark 5 cases 30 pouches per case
Bluegrass 5 cases 20/jars per case
Various needles 10 cases 50 syringes/case

Other items
5 bolts of the various cloth

Will go through the 5 bolts of cloth and find the 3 bolts that will work the best for bandages and such, in case of emergency.

The cases of IV Bottles, Willowbark, bluegrass as well as the syringes have been set aside to be placed in the medical freight wagon, as for the time being they are extra supplies, and would also be good to have in case of an emergency.

The honey will be made up in batches of honey based healing salve. And the pepper is being prepared into small vials to also be added to the medical kits for the rest of the inner circle wagons for migration.

We, Leticia and I, hope to have the medical kits finished by the start this hand, or one or two days afterward (Monday or Tuesday, depends on things on my end. Connection has been flaky due to the snow storm)

Offline Taryn

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2009, 08:50:14 PM »
As I have been taking care of things in my own wagons for the upcoming migration, I haven't been able to get to the medical kits until this morning. At which time, when I went on duty, I started to supply the hundreds of medical kits that would be needed for each and every inner circle wagon seat. This evening when I was told to go get some rest, between Lessa, Leticia and myself have been able to get 250 medical kits filled. I plan on working on more tomorrow morning when I am on duty again, as I is my shift for the entire hand, I have hopes of preparing as much as we did today, tomorrow. Though I expect to have them all finished by the end of the hand.

250 Medical Kits Prepared and now sitting in the medical freight wagon waiting for distribution a hand or two before the start of migration.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2010, 08:36:19 AM »
**Report by Taryn**

After trying to restock the remaining medical kits in all the wagons, I came to find that the supplies were lower than I first thought. I removed the items out of the kits I had already done and set aside, and placed each item in a pile, I went back to stocking the medical kits again, with the minimal amount of supplies.

I have finished 500 medical kits, and there are at least another 500 to 1000 more to go until I am finished, but it does look like I will be able to fill them with the minimal amount of supplies. Though they won't have everything in them, they will be able to be used to take care of injuries until a healer can get to them, or they are taken to the medical wagon for further care.

I will be placing a detailed inventory of what is available within the next day or two.

**End Report**
Taryn Iona

Offline Taryn

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
I have made:

12 vials of clove oil (the oil is very concentrated, and if it is needed to be used, suggested amount to be used is 1 drop, or if possible, 1/2 a drop)

48 vials of peppermint oil (this also is concentrated and very strong. Suggested dosage: 1/2 drop)

All vials used are dark colored, to keep the oils in well keeping for a longer period of time and have been placed in a cool and dark area until they are needed for other uses. (The back of the cabinet is the location of the oils.)