Author Topic: A successful meeting  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Omar

A successful meeting
« on: December 09, 2005, 01:00:48 PM »
[As Salvatore Tommasi]

I've got to hand it to my brother- he sure does seem to have all his angles worked out. Just like he had said Gabriel showed up last night with the list of legal drugs being moved from Zasa Pharmaceuticals to random vendors listed out in Vegas. Of course the "hush hush" products accompanying these shipments are the real figures Al is interested in- afterall, with his new partnership with possum-playing Aronne everything is magnifico: Al gets his back covered out here in the East in the event that Diego smells something fishy and catches on (not to mention any other business partners Al is stringing along under false pretenses, as well); and the Zasa's have a safe nest egg they can rely on in the event the Geno Family decide to put a tighter chokehold on the monopolies they already have scattered out here from New York all throughout the New England area. Pretty smart of Al to take advantage of the one weakness I always saw myself in Diego- the old kook would never touch that white powder or any of its offshoot "party favor" relatives, no matter how much money is in it. In other words, too old fashioned for his own good.

But then again, maybe Farina's got it right: too much of the money to funnel down to the coloreds to keep them happy and loyal. Not to mention worrying about your own dipping into their own supply. Perhaps drugs is a monster that no man can really contain, discipline. But if there is one guy who could cheat and cheapskate everyone while making a profit it's got to be my older brother. The only colors he sees are green and red- in that particular order, if you know what I mean...

Which is what worries me. Not only am I foolishly volunteering to give away my own life with this infamnia of a blatant betrayal to the Geno Family, whom I have all come to love and accept as my own...But I'm also putting an innocent lover in harm's way. What to do, what to do...I left her a message in drunken resolution to act first and then deal with this thinking later...It's no good though because the thinking is what always gets me in the end...And I know it's selfish, but I can't help myself...

Anyway, Gabe got half the pay and can expect the rest once the goods make it to their destination. As for myself, I have to hand deliver this black envelope of "invoices," so to speak- Al insists. I just wish the saying were true: "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

Offline Rachel

• Off-Broadway Playwright
Re: A successful meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 06:37:14 PM »
((Dum de dum, dummm, ...... dummmmmmm. Will this plan work? Will Diego catch on? Right now Diego knows the Zasa aren't pushing the illegal drugs in the New York City area and he's blaming Dante Fuente for the increase in drug trafficking. With Andre Polarmio dead, somebody has to be working with those Mexicans that slip the drugs from around the world into the United States these days.))