Author Topic: Clan of Bosk Tenders  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Shylina Marie

Clan of Bosk Tenders
« on: March 24, 2007, 01:16:51 PM »
The night had been long and hard...but we worked continually.....there was no stopping what had to get done.... many bosk had to be slaughtered..... what meat that could be saved was taken...the only side note to all this was that we should be able to make a great deal of jerky.  hides would have to be worked soon....but the slaughtering would continue.. the stampede had covered a vast amount of land.  what animals could be saved had been drawn to a make shift pen area....we treated and tended what could be.  a great number of the calves had been lost.... simply trampled to death.  I made note of what I could when I took a moment to write it down.. sending the scrolls..... one for the Ubar.. one for my own records up to the wagons.. it would be a few days before I would see the likes of camp..  the scrolls were crusted and stained in the blood of bosks.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline pleasure{MTC}

Re: Clan of Bosk Tenders
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:29:32 AM »
pleasure ensured the last of the mating was done well. she lead the female bosk back to the pen, a thrall marking her as bred as instructed Mistress.
We have a weight to carry and a distance we must go.
We have a weight to carry, a destination we can't know.
We have a weight to carry and can put it down nowhere.
We ARE the the weight we carry from there to here to there.
-The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 05:48:55 AM »
noted..... I already knew what female was next to meet with Berats rude loving.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 04:48:18 AM »
while cleaning Master BERAT's hooves, pleasure found a pebble lodged between His hoof and pad, she removed it, He doesnt seem injured.

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 05:23:55 AM »
Veterinary Medical Kits

Locations of Vet Med Kits:

Bosk Tenders wagon (porch)

Kailla Clan Wagon (porch)

Stock Tenders Wagon (porch)

Stock Tenders Area (near BERAT's Pens)

Contents of the Veterinary Medical Kit:

•Antiseptic solution - 3 bottles
•Saline solution - 3 large bottles
•Agrimony/Blue Grass healing salve - 1 green vial, applied to a stitched wound
•Honey-based Agrimony salve - 1 yellow vial, applied to shallow cuts that don't require stitching
•Blue Grass salve - 1 blue vial, used to numb wounds
•Green powder - sprinkled into deep-penetrating wounds such as arrow wounds
•Black Pepper - painful but effective, it can be used to stop bleeding
•Poison antidote - 1 small bottle
•Willow bark - this painkiller's bark can be chewed (added into a mash or a handful of grain or fresh meat)

•Pair of tweezers
•Pair of scissors
•Pre-threaded bone needles - curved and straight with dissolvable gut (3 each, S/M/L)
•Small metal snap clips for securing bandages - 12
•Folded clean rep cloths
•Rolled bandages - 5 rolls of rep cloth

pleasure

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 05:51:06 PM »
the six ill bosk were examined as directed and discovered to have severe cases of ear mites. possible infections, will look into the infections tomorrow Mistress. two required forced watering, 1/4 of a bucket each.

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »
The night had been long and frustrating... having to slaugher such a beautiful creature was monsterous to me.  Nicolas had been a power to aid my strength as Lilac and I fought out way through.  We saved all that we could.... for some. there was just No hope.. no way to save teh magnficent beasts that belonged to teh askari.... new mounts would be acquired..... Lilac and I had started to discuss breeding options...bays and brindles... tawns and blacks....there was alot more discussion to be had. still the scent of blood was all over the camp.. and my anger was a storm that just would not seem to ebb.  I had the kaillia strung out between wagons in clan row... thralls made their way through to attend them as we had to keep them seperate else they would fight as many still held that rage.

I finally paused for a moment in the clan wagon and fell asleep on top of the bench....

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 10:33:17 AM »
seasons have turned...calving continues.... so far not many have been lost.... heifers have been moved closer to camp since there seems to be something on the wind that has nerves up... Berats son grows stronger and mimics his sire more so each day....I wonder what is yet to come.... there have been so many changes and yet so many things stay the same.