Author Topic: Clan of Artisans *Pottery* duty log  (Read 4674 times)

Yetu

Clan of Artisans *Pottery* duty log
« on: August 01, 2005, 03:53:27 PM »
*lastnight and today I had a girl and some of the other slaves start clearing off the grass from the wagon wheels, gathering them up so that I can start to dry them out. am waiting for the brick molds to be found so I can start making bricks for ovens and other various uses*

Yetu

Re: Clan of Artisans *Pottery* duty log
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:54:29 PM »
the gathering of grasses from the rock continued today and are piling up outside My wagon as I wait for the brick molds to be found. there is still much that needs to be gathered and hopefully I will be able to start making them soon

Yetu

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 09:50:17 AM »
having found the molds on the porch of My Clan wagon (( thanks kadi )) I took them down along with a boy behind Me carrying some canvas, to a spot near the water's edge. had jenny (npc slave) get some buckets at the same time. her and another girl brought back 4 which I had them fill 3 with dirt and 1 with water. kadi came down to help. had the other 3 go and get Me some of the grass bundles that lie by My wagon. kadi put 1 in with the dirt and water then with the help of jenny, proceeded to mash it all together to the right texture and consistancy I needed. they then filled the molds that I had layed out after I showed them how to do it. there are 60 bricks in total drying and should be ready by tomorrow to be made into ovens

Yetu

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 11:10:11 PM »
sought out locations that I can start gathering clay from the river at. found 2 so far. a smaller one on the camp side of the river, then a larger one further down on the opposite side. tomorrow I will have one of the inahan come with Me and get each filled with clay from the riverbed

Yetu

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 05:09:13 PM »
gathered up clay from the smaller enbankment to make into clay powder then made mud bricks to have a kiln made so that I have something to bake the items needed for the Camp

Yetu

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 06:43:40 PM »
forgot to do this a few days ago

broke up the clay that I had brought up from the riverbed so that I can make it into powder easier as well as went down to check on the drying process of the bricks that I had made previously