Author Topic: Natasha Richardson, 45  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Natasha Richardson, 45
« on: March 19, 2009, 09:37:45 AM »
NEW YORK (AP) - Tony award-winning actress Natasha Richardson, daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, has died at a New York hospital where she was transferred after a skiing mishap near Montreal. Richardson's career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst," ase well as the Tony award for a revival of "Cabaret."
She was 45. Seemingly fine after falling and hitting her head during a skiing lesson, Richardson later complained of being ill. She was taken to a Montreal hospital Tuesday, then transferred to New York
where she died Wednesday. Friends and family members remembered Natasha as an unusually poised child, perhaps forced to grow up early when her father left her mother in the late '60s for Jeanne Moreau. Tony Richardson died in 1991.

The publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, issued a written statement saying Neeson and his sons were "shocked and devastated." Richardson and her mother had acted together in the past.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My condolences to Liam, her two sons and the rest of her family... Such a tragedy at such a young age...

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Natasha Richardson, 45
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
Rest in peace.

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 01:46:23 PM »
Rest in peace, Natasha.

Side note: Celebrities stop skiing!

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
Maybe one of her best works was with her husband and Jodie Foster in "Nell", filmed in Tennessee (where we live).  She was a brilliant actor, as is her husband, and she will be greatly missed in the theater and film community and by all her fans.

NightStorm & G

I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~