Author Topic: ...The Celtic Harp  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
...The Celtic Harp
« on: February 26, 2019, 12:15:01 AM »
...At Conservatory I was once assigned a stand mate.  I was the Principal Cellist, and I was astounded at the woman who sat beside me...she couldn't play very well, there were better players behind her.   :(  I spoke to the Conductor, and he just shrugged, and said, "She will turn your pages OK."  She did, but I was unhappy... >:(  She told me, after a rehearsal, "I am going to perform on the Irish Harp this Saturday, at the Food Mall at 1:00."  I just nodded... ::)   But, when Saturday came, I went, and bought a large coke, and sat to listen.   :P  But...I WAS ASTOUNDED!  She played brilliantly, and her soft soprano voice was so soothing.   ;D  I was REALLY moved by her voice, and her brilliant playing...she stroked the strings and brought out the tunes and the counterpoint.  After she finished, I walked up to her, and picked up her harp, and said..."THIS is WHAT you are...not the cello!"  I then carefully set her harp down, and hugged her.  She played in the college orchestra for another semester...and then dropped out.  But...she played her harp many times the next few years.  I would ALWAYS go to her performances...and buy her a soda afterwards.   :)

https://youtu.be/f-bGAr7Oaa0
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle