Author Topic: Rags FOOTBALL PICKS 2008  (Read 44682 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Rags FOOTBALL PICKS 2008
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »
Well... this Sunday at 4:30 PM EST about wraps it up for the year... The Pro Bowl.

The AFC vs the NFC.

With all the talent on the field its hard to even try and call this game. So many things said by so many people;

The NFC is bigger and tougher...

The AFC is faster and quicker...

The NFC is steadier...

The AFC is shakier...

The NFC has the best experienced coaches...

The AFC has newer blood in its coaches....

And it goes on and on.

Personally... I don't see either team showing us the excitement and the energy shown during the season or post season. This is no insult. I see this simply as the best of the best forming two teams and playing together. I don't expect to see the tight close bonds formed by teams who live eat and shit ball all season long. I don't expect to see the timing shown by QB's and their Rec's who work together day after day after day.

What I do expect to see are the best of the best playing together and having fun. That is what its all about when all the championships are set aside... all the endorsements put away... etc.  Its about the best of the best doing what they do best together. This is the true test of individual abilities combined to form a team.

I do hope the AFC wins, but what I want to see are the players smiling and enjoying themselves. This season they have played for us and gave us a good year. Even those teams that were less than spectacular entertained us and kept the drive to the Super Bowl interesting.

I realise some may not understand, but those who have played the game will. This is the time to play for love of the game.

So regardless of which team you wish to see win, lets just hope for a few things. A good game... good sportsmanship... no injuries... and a good time had by all.

ITS PRO BOWL TIME!!!

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2009, 03:21:03 PM »
and then its 200 days till it begins again.. but there is the Combine.. the owners meeting... then the free agency periods, and signings.. franchise tags place... then the draft and a whole lot of boring ness after that...

goes back into hibernation... as football ends.. dang
bye bye!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
Well, its a wrap. Time for what will seem a very long summer until next season begins.

:'(

The NFC won against the AFC 30 - 21.

Is it time for preseason games yet?

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »
... nope sure isnt.. but damn i wish it was...

so what do you think of ray lewis possibly going to the cowboys..

grins big and hopes they will have a leader then
bye bye!

Offline Salem

« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2009, 04:26:31 PM »
I'm guessing that this is like the NHL All-Star game. Grab the superstars from each Conference, put them on a Conference team, and have an exhibition game. The score sounds like the players actually tried though.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »
... nope sure isnt.. but damn i wish it was...

so what do you think of ray lewis possibly going to the cowboys..

grins big and hopes they will have a leader then

I think the Ravens will pay some seriously big bucks to keep him. I heard he wants to finsh his career as a Raven. That and the rediculous amount of money Dallas would have to pay him... I doubt it will happen. I think he will stay with the Ravens.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:42 PM »
I'm guessing that this is like the NHL All-Star game. Grab the superstars from each Conference, put them on a Conference team, and have an exhibition game. The score sounds like the players actually tried though.

BINGO!!! That is exactly what it is.

And of course they try. Each player on the winning tea, gets 45000 dollars and the losers each get 22 large.

Offline Salem

« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »
Given that the average hockey score is 3-2, and this years All-Star game score was like 14-12, you can tell it was quite boring to watch. No hitting, no active sticks, the NHL turned what was supposed to be a game to honor a fallen player into a sponsorship cash-cow where the only thing that matters is how many business banners they can cram onto the boards.

I miss the old days...
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2009, 03:34:46 PM »
A-FRAKING-MEN... I miss the old days of going to a hockey fight and maybe a game would break out - Ray aka Hubby... ~laughs~ Though now a days, there's not enough blood on the ice to make it worth watching anymore

Offline Salem

« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »
Oh, there still is. But don't expect to see it during the All Star game...