Author Topic: questions questions questions...  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
questions questions questions...
« on: July 15, 2005, 07:29:09 AM »
good day Masters n Mistressess..

i have a question.. when we migrate.. how is the livestock moved like the vulo i mean for one.?

was thinkin about it during my break from studying...

are the vulo placed in crates for the migration?

if they are is that not harmfull for them to begin their layin of eggs when we arrive at our destination.

couldn't we have smaller wagons adapted for their use. with a row of hutch type nestin boxes at say slave eye level and a roostin bar just under it about breast high on a slave ((only way chanz can measure.. grin)) then about belly level another row of nestin boxes with anohter roostin bar about knee high from the floor.. on both sides of the wagon.. leavin room between the width of the wagon.. for a trough at the end/front for feed an water.. with a slatted roof to allow light in an the ability to cover quickly with tarp if needed should it rain or what ever.. umm could be small enough that a coffle of err umm 10 to 15 captured slaves could pull or 6 slave girls.. or 4 thralls or umm one boskie... ((need more captured ones cause if they are from the citys we all know they can't pull their own weight as the more anyway)) just a question..

thank you for allowin chanz to ask..

*layin the chalk back to return to her studying and chores in preperations for the migration*
duckie rules

Offline just me

• March babies rule.....life is to precious to waste
Re: questions questions questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 02:42:09 PM »
sis last migration, i rped getting crates ready on one of the wagons by stuffin them with dryed grass, it would give them a cool place to lay plus cushion for the eggs so they wouldnt be broken, plus a thin cover of some kind could be placed over them safely this way to protect them from the hot sun

Offline silver

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:30:39 PM »
i cant remember for sure....but i believe someone posted in RP..one of he Council members that the vulos were still in their cages. the cages were lifted and placed on something like a flat bed wagon and then the wagon covered(like covered wagons in the old days)
but i am not for sure. cuase that was a long time ago. but i do remember talking to Mistress Nightstorm at the time about it and she said that the live stock was transported on the wagons so i know that much is right*L*

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 02:33:39 PM »
thank you sisters for your words.. but what i was askin was if there might be a wagon or two to use for their transportation.. **r/t chickens will not lay eggs if transported in small cages for at least two to three weeks**.. but i guess i should not ask so many questions. it was just something that came into my mind durin one of my times of slumber between studying an chores.. ((both r/t an v/t))

hugs
chanz
duckie rules

Offline silver

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »
there is a wagon used for it. just not sure if they are in the whole cage or in crates*S*

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 11:27:47 PM »
kadi would like to know what is needed to get the tarn wagons ready other then greasing wheels, do they need anything in there other then perches, and how many tarns to a wagon as they are big birds, she never done migration so dont know, she thanks anyone for help with this
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

kelsey

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 02:47:52 PM »
geesh...y'all wait till we are away to pepper the board with migration questions???.....*lol*

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 07:22:01 PM »
Ohhhhh boy, chanz in playing my favorite game of "stump the trainer"!  Hehehehe...

We've always had a vulo coop wagon with nesting boxes along the inside, and their pen around the wagon. I would assume they'd be caged or crated up, and those small enclosures then lashed down, to prevent them from... well... rattling around during some of those "touch and go" migration moments.

In Nomads, Tuchuk Haruspexes confined vulo in cages made of sticks lashed together. I'm thinking those, or small metal sleen cages, with dried grasses in the botton for bedding and egg-laying, would be accurate.

As for the tarns... here it is, from our "Wagon Types" page on the General section of the website:

Tarn Cot Wagons: Although tarns were not normally found in a Wagon Camp, Tarl Cabot did introduce two of these majestic saddle birds to the Tuchuks during his stay on the plains. Since many of our members are Tuchuk by choice, not by birth, we do have accommodations for these huge winged predators. Due to the number of tarns currently residing in Maze Tuchuk Camp, our “tarn cots” are much larger than a single wagon with its canvass dome removed and are composed of two huge wagons arranged in an “L” shape, each one third of the size of DRAGONSLAIR and drawn by thirty-two bosk. Nevertheless, our arrangement is much the same as the following quote:

”On one of these wagons, with the top removed, were the two tarns Harold and I had stolen from the roof of Saphrar’s keep. They had been brought for us, thinking that they might be of use in the warfare in the city or in the transportation of goods or men. A tarn can, easily, without difficulty, carry a knotted rope of seven to ten men.”—Nomads, 256

I would think they'd be kept chained in those open-topped wagons during migration and fed haunches of verr and such that did not survive the trip... Although the saddle birds prefer the live kill, there are book quotes that support them being thrown large cuts of raw meat when such was not possible.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 05:18:15 PM »
tryin hard to come up with more questions for the trainers as she has not been able to terrorize much of late... *giggles an slips off once more*
duckie rules

kelsey

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 07:48:51 PM »
*swats*...was already breaking out in a cold sweat when I saw you posted to this thread duckie

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 07:59:05 PM »
grins an giggles from the swat..lookin all innocent like......

hey some ones gotta get your heart a pumpin sis besides the Masters.. besides what could i come up with that you couldn't answer .. huh.. *grin*...*eyebrows wiggle*

*grins once more a scoots off quick* to find stuffs to ask about...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:16:48 PM by chanz181 »
duckie rules

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 06:57:21 PM »
ok i know it is written some where butttttttttt.. has there ever been a slave that has never left the protection of the Ubars errrr ummm pens..*grins an blushes cause she was gonna say harrem*... ???
duckie rules

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 02:16:10 AM »
*laughs at the duckie and wigglefinger waves*

does woobie count?
she has been in his collar for 7 years....
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 05:24:13 PM »
*smackin her palm on her forehead duhhhhhhhhhhh*.. sorry woobie.. had a grey moment there.. *giggles*.. see i knew it was somewhere in the writings.. *giggles an leaves ya chocolates **lots**.*

yes you would count but was wondering if this is sometimes the normal for others *present company (woobie ) accepted.....*
duckie rules

Offline Yahira

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 05:28:20 PM »
Are you meaning...  "Do some stay in a camp collar forever?"