Author Topic: Very true  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Michael

• Heads will roll .....
Very true
« on: January 05, 2006, 11:18:08 PM »
This is One of My Favorite Quotes in the books

"In denying it we deny our nature. In betraying it we betray no one but ourselves. The master will never be happy until he is a master. The slave will never be happy until she is a slave. It is what we are."

Page 159 - Explorers of Gor

I am finding the longer I am spending in the Tuchuk Camp the truer this statement lives out in Me. There can be No denying My nature.  My heart and Passion is forever with the Wagon Life now, My Passion if forever for Tuchuk.  Another way of saying this quote is.. To deny our nature is to lie to ourselves.  To Lie to Ourselves is to Have No Honor, to have no Honor means to have no place in My world nor My attention and as far as I am concerned in Gor period.  Wind, Honor be to Tuchuk Forever

Michael
In the end, the only thing that Matters is the Example You leave Behind....

Michael

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
Re: Very true
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 03:05:26 PM »
Or, as Ralph Waldo Emerson put it, "There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion... Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.  Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist."

True, Emerson was speaking of individuality and self-reliance.  However, for a man to admit that he is a Dominant, a Master, in this day and age -- how much more of an individual or a nonconformist could a man possibly be?  For that matter, for a woman to admit her submissive tendencies, though she be a strong woman -- that, too, requires much trust in oneself and one's convictions.

Thank-you for the brainfood, Master.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline lianna{STR}

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »
she sits and reads this and is amazed at the thoughts it has provoked, for i have admitted to many that i am slave/submissive, yet most find it hard to believe for i am a strong person, the same goes for My Master (r/t), He found himself, it took many a years to admit what He was but He has shone since that moment, He grows each day in his conviction, in his own truth.....

I think each day we cannot help but grow if we are honest with ourselves....

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 08:25:42 PM »
Aye, sister... Most cannot believe that I am submissive, either... People see a quick-witted, opinionated, strong-willed woman with a toss-my-head-back belly laugh, and they figure me for Mistress material.  I think it takes the strongest of women to submit -- one who knows her mind, heart, body, soul, sexuality... and who then has the courage and the absolute brazeness to kneel.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?