Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 6/18/06  (Read 982 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 6/18/06
« on: June 18, 2006, 09:21:59 AM »
What's Happening!! - 6/18/06
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
Last Sunday Diego and I slept in, then met with Rachel and Mike Miller for brunch at the Palm Court. It was nice spending the previous evening together watching The Omen and having dinner at Del Posto, followed by champagne cocktails Sunday morning where we took turns toasting our long friendship.

Monday morning we were back in Central Park running with Mary McGrath and Jesse Miller. Jesse kept asking probing questions regarding photographer, Bobby Campbell. He was obviously concerned about Angel Jones' new annual contract with Bobby. Rachel kept telling Jesse that it was just a matter of choices, that if Angel truly cares for Jesse, she won't succumb to Bobby's frequent advances. I laughed and told Jesse it's not as simple as Rachel claims, that Bobby does know how to use wine and clever compliments to get a female out of her clothing.

Rachel suggested that Jesse just open up and tell Angel exactly what his concerns were. Apparently, Jesse followed Rachel's advice because later in the week I learned that Angel will be asking Jesse to attend her photo shoots.

Rachel was forced to cancel her Will & Grace play on Wednesday night when Eric, Lynzy, Tray and even The Bitch didn't show up. The good news is that she's signing up a new lady named RaeAnn and an old friend, Ara, has returned to the Webmaze Players team.

As promised, Doni took me out to Winged Foot on Friday to watch the U. S. Open. We had a great day jumping from hole to hole as we followed the leaders around the course. Colin Montgomerie was in and out of the lead all day, but the surprise leader at days end was Steve Stricker. I think Freddie Couples is the cutest guy out there and he could park his shoes under my bed anytime. Tiger Woods shot a 76 and missed the cut. Amazing!

It was dark by the time the Friday round finished, but Doni had an answer for everything. He'd rented us a suite with a beautiful view out over the golf course where we could watch the sunset. Since I hadn't come prepared to stay overnight, we ordered our steaks from room service and while we waited I stripped down and hung up my clothing neatly for Saturday morning. Isn't he the cleverest guy a girl can find?

Saturday evening I was in the Four Seasons Supper Club waiting for Diego when I met Mia Moore at the bar. Turned out she had just quit her job at Hooters in San Francisco and moved to New York City. She was looking for a job tending bar so I introduced her to Diego when he arrived. He asked a few questions, then took her upstairs to meet Maddie where she filled our the job application while Maddie read her resume. Thirty minutes later Mia was hired and behind the bar with Gino, learning the ropes.

Diego took me back to his place to spend the night so we could watch the golf tournament on Sunday morning. He has one of those new huge screen TVs that makes you feel like you're actually there while eating breakfast in a cuddly, soft robe.

I did manage to stave him off long enough Saturday night to fax in this column.

Entertainment
This Wednesday night, June 21st at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be offering Rachel Tatellio's version of Sex And The City - Change Of A Dress. It should be fun and I will be sitting in my center seat in the back row watching to see who might show up and who sits with whom.