Author Topic: John Forsythe, 92  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
John Forsythe, 92
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »
LOS ANGELES — John Forsythe, the actor who made his fortune as TV's affable "Bachelor Father" and the scheming oil tycoon in "Dynasty," has died. He was 92.

Publicist Harlan Boll says Forsythe died late Thursday from complications of pneumonia, following a yearlong battle with cancer in Santa Ynez.

Despite his distinguished work in theater and films, Forsythe's greatest fame arose from his role of Blake Carrington in the 1981-89 primetime soap opera "Dynasty."

With his full head of silver hair, tanned face and soothing voice, Forsythe as Carrington attracted the ardor of millions of female television viewers.

While he had small roles in a couple of films in the early 1940s, Forsythe's first successes were mainly on the stage.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iQstKyn4kK4p_CBBcA0q0Zie_ZkgD9ER3U0O0

==================================================================

His voice is what I remember the most from my childhood days or I should say nights, of watching "Charlie's Angels", though he was never on it, his voice was, the voice of Charlie... He will be missed by many and if anyone is interested, this is the third death from the cast of "Charlie's Angels" David Doyle was the first in 1997,  Farrah Fawcett was the second in 2009 and now John Forsythe...

R.I.P. John... Give Farrah a huggle from me!

**edited because I could have sworn it was three deaths, but wasn't absolutely sure... sadly, it was**
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:24:34 PM by Taryn »