Author Topic: technical problems (2)  (Read 572 times)

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
technical problems (2)
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »
i looked into why my computer suddenly slowed to almost a stop last night.  it seems that my husband had been using his computer a lot during the afternoon and early evening, and while i was in the room, and had used up a large portion of the downloading capacity that our iso allows during a 24 hour period.  i had logged in around 7:00 pst, and the computer slowed down just before 10:00 pst.  i may need to use my time more carefully, and not spend a lot of time on the boards, but rather get right into the room.  when the computer slows, then i can go to the boards and play the 'word association' game and look at detailed entries.  (such as the migrating logs, and the clan information).  i will also look into another iso that could serve us through our satellite dish.  we have also heard of another system, that uses cellphone towers.  my husband and i may need to set up a schedule, maybe we can alternate days of intensive use.

amanda
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: technical problems (2)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »
Who is your provider? I am asking as I am going to talk to my bro-in-law and see if there might be a way around the issues you are having with your provider... ~smiles~ As he's the most geeky in computers, as that is what he does all day, well when he's not teaching those coming into his profession, in the air force... ~sighs and chuckles~ but he has helped us in the past with our issues with comcast when we ended up overtaxing our "quota" for the month... ~smiles~

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
Re: technical problems (2)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »
thank You for asking, Mistress.  i have a satellite connection through 'HughesNet', and use a DW7000 wireless connector. the computer is a MacBook Pro, and the browser is 'safari'.  i have found out how to check my status, so i should be able to get a warning if i am getting close to my limit.

amanda
 :)

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle