Author Topic: Heading to Delaware for a few days!  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
Heading to Delaware for a few days!
« on: August 06, 2005, 06:04:44 AM »
Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be heading to Delaware today to see my folks and pick up my kiddo. (They snagged her for a six week summer vacation, and it's time to steal her back. ~grinning~) I'll be arriving sometime tonight or waaaay early Sunday morning, and I won't be heading back to Maine until next Sunday the 14th. Hubby won't be coming with -- he's staying home to babysit the cats -- so I'll be driving at my own pace. (That probably means I'll get there faster than he would... Hehehehe...))

My mom has a slooooow computer and cruddy dial-up, so I'll be able to come to camp most evenings, once everyone goes to bed. But if I'm posting at the rate of creeping death, you'll know why!!!

Love you guys!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline ameeshia{B}

• Buddha's pet
  • Be kind to your food
Re: Heading to Delaware for a few days!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 06:49:49 AM »
~hears a VOOOOOORRRMMMM~ as ya pass me on the way down to your moms. take care and have a safe trip

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 09:11:05 AM »
Since I know you have enough family worried about you driving solo.......

I will be nice and simply say ......

ENJOY THE BACHELORETTE VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 10:26:54 AM »
safe roads and Godspeed deemon daughter. :-*

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 12:30:41 PM »
*thinks you should go WAAAY outta yer way and make it a true bachlorette vacation and come out here too!!*

kelsey

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 12:53:58 PM »
I'm much closer than Mistress Kitya....*g*...now if ya could put off going home til Monday...I'm leaving Friday to go see Master Papa and woobie...*winks*

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
woohoo....have fun sis...and be safe :)

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 06:49:17 AM »
enjoy sisters.. dee drive safe.. an kels..well can't say to stay outta trouble cause you will be seein woobie.. *grins*.. leavin hugs for all three.... and a really big hug to be given to Master when you see him thanks..

chanz
duckie rules

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 07:42:11 AM »
Okay, a (probably not-so) brief dee-mon update!

First off, I'm sorry I haven't been in camp at any time during my vacation! My nights just haven't gone as planned...~laughing~

The drive down was uneventful until the final leg of my trip. It made for a very cool Saturday of the dee-mon zooming down I-95 and blasting music, singing at the top of my lungs, and feeling VERY liberated to be making such a long trip all by my lonesome. Then I hit Smyrna, Delaware, around 9:30 p.m. My alternator belt snapped, my car suddenly went all put-putty, my lights started dimming, and the dee-mon knew it was time to abandon liberation and call a MAN for help. ~snickering~ So I limped across the road to a liquor store -- and boy did I suddenly need a drink! -- and called my grandfather, who sent his friend, Danny, with a dolly to tow away my POS Ford.

And so I made it to my destination sometime long after midnight, dragged my filthy self into the shower, and fell comatose on my bed shortly thereafter.

Then, Sunday night we had vicious t-storms until 3 a.m. Due to the lateness of the hour, I posted to the boards a bit and dragged myself off to bed, knowing the next morning would be an early one.

Monday, my buddy Andrew, once my co-worker in Maine, now a resident of Annapolis, Maryland, came to see me... ~huge grin~ We were up until nearly 4 a.m. talking, drinking, having a good ol' time. We decided he should spend the night...

...on my couch.

Then, the next morning, I decided he should move to my bed...

...without me in it, of course. ~snickering~ Mornings around my Mom's place are loud and hectic, and my bedroom was a much quieter locale for him to get his Zzzz's.

So I thought surely, surely that Tuesday night would be a good night for me to come to camp. But, nope, Andrew wanted me to come back to his place for the night...

... and sleep in the guest bedroom. ~winks~ (Well, I sure hope none of you are having any dirty thoughts! Hehehehehe...) And that was another night offline.

Then, last night, my mother's crappy dial-up connection refused to connect. Her local ISP service has NO techs on duty at 11 at night, so I went to bed muchly frustrated. This morning, wouldn't you know, the problem ironed itself out.

And tonight, I'm headed to Pennsylvania with my old school friend, Heather. Tomorrow we're going to Hershey Park and a Backstreet Boys concert (I can stand them if it means roller coasters for me!). I'll be back home Saturday morning. Since I'll leaving for Maine early Sunday morning and will need a good night of sleep, I highly doubt I'll be in camp Saturday night, either.

Oh, and... Hubby and I have decided to Delaware. There are teaching opportunities here, and computer jobs for hubby. We can live in the unused upstairs floor of my grandparents' house until we get on our feet, making the three rooms into our apartment until we get a place of our own. We'll get caught up on bills and finally attain a better financial situation while living rent-free, and I can assist with the care of my Alzheimer's-afflicted grandmother to take some of the burden off my grandfather. The move will be made somewhere between 2 weeks and two months from now, depending on how soon we can settle our affairs and if I snag a teaching job in Maryland by the end of August. The actual date of the move is entirely dependant on the urgency with which the move itself will be needed. (If I do get a job immediately, I'll be moving down without hubby and driving up on the weekends to help him finish packing! If not, I'll stay in Maine to help with the move, then substitute teach when we get to Delaware.) In the meantime, my parents will be keeping kiddo so they can enroll her in school. It's going to be hard, not seeing kiddo while hubby and I make the transition, but I know that she is happy and safe here...

So! That's a summary of my vacation and the whirlwind changes my life is taking at this moment. I will probably be a scarcity in camp while I move, but know that I love you all... and that when life settles, I will be a more permanent fixture...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 07:47:45 AM by ~ delilah ~ {K} »

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 12:30:57 PM »
~blinks~...well sis...at least you havent been bored~lol~
will keep my fingers crossed for a swift and uneventfull resetteling of your life...just sooo happy to hear that things are looking up for you :)

~leaving lots of hugs and love~
~your pest

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 02:14:01 PM »
hugs ya tight.. lookin forward to seein ya more hun.. waitin to hear about your rollercoaster type holiday and life.. *grin*..

be safe..

chanz.. a future terror demond too.. *grin*
duckie rules

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 10:35:07 AM »
*just blinks a lil and then shouts* NO FAIR! I want rollercoasters tooooooooo!!!!!!! Awesome bout moving tho... *grin* ANY place that has job opportunities is a GOOD place.... and MAYbe... you can spend a few summer vacations out THIS way. *grin*

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »
*huggers my deemon daughter.*

kisssssssssssssssssssssssssss