Author Topic: update on sicky me  (Read 700 times)

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
update on sicky me
« on: November 08, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »
Since I haven't been in the room since last friday...or was it saturday?? Don't remember.. ANYways... figured I'd let people know how I was feeling. After a week and a half of kidlet still having this cold, and me having it almost as long, I finally broke down on wednesday and made an appt with the doctor.

Good news: Kidlet only has a cold, and it's almost gone.

Bad news: MY cold turned into a sinus infection, which is why my head has been feeling so ick and why I haven't been getting any better, and in fact getting worse. *rueful grin* She didn't even have to check me, she just looked at my face, and said, "Sinus'. You have the eyes." She did check of course.. but yeah. So, I've been going to bed at 10pm all week, yeah.. scary I know... I'm on NyQuil, and now I'm on Zithromax, and some kind of prescription that is like sudafed, but waaaaayyyy better, to dry up all my sinus drainage. She gave me prednisone too... to help with my having no energy and feeling winded all the time... but not sure I want to take it... she gave me 20mg doses! I hate to go back on that stuff.. especially at that amount. She said it was my choice, so... still debating. Have decided to give the Zithro a couple days and that if I start getting energy, then I won't take it. Good news is, my lungs are clear, so no bronchitis for me this time.

So yeah... once I'm healthy again, and my head doesn't feel like an over ripe melon, and I can actually keep my eyes open past 10pm, I'll be back in Camp.

*totters off to find my nice warm cocoon of blankets*

Kitya

Offline Arlon

Re: update on sicky me
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:59:11 PM »
*Slips You a bottle of that nice chamomile-fortified honey mead I jsut made and wanders back into the shadows, heading towards the Med wagon to brew a chamomile/lavender tea ...*

Get well soon, Sis!

...Arlon