Author Topic: Clan of Vintners : Duty Log  (Read 16448 times)

Offline Arlon

Clan of Vintners : Duty Log
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »
 This past few days I have been cleaning out the old Vintner's Clan wagon, preparing it to be used once more. I have no idea how many years it has lain vacant (I am guessing several, since there is no old thread for the Clan), but I am slowly putting it to rights.
 Because there is currently also no Clan of Brewers and Distillers, this Clan will be assuming those duties as well. Requests for both Clans will be taken, and will be filled as I and ariella are able to do so. Hopefully we shall be very busy soon!  ;D
...Arlon

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Clan of Vintners : Duty Log
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:19:50 PM »
 ;)

Offline Arlon

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »
 Long day/night yesterday, much work got done. Finished cleaning out the wagon with help from Amber,  and Nic repaired some rents in the roof of the wagon. Serinna has accepted the commission to repaint the walls and roof inside and outside.
 Went through most of the existing bottled stock as well; a lot of it was lost to being in the bottles too long, already gone to vinegar. Three bottles of Ka-La-Na wine were saved, and there appears to still be some more stock in the rear of the wagon to go through. The bottles of soured wines and juices, including one bottle of larma juice I had thought I could save, have been placed in the basin for ariella to empty out and clean for re-use.
 If all goes well, the Clan should be open for business by Monday at least. (RT interfering on that one: could probably have had it by tomorrow, but I have a heavy work schedule due to the NASCAR event at Bristol over the weekend, and will not be on much Sat/Sun.) Requests are more than welcome and will be filled as soon as may be  ;D
...Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 09:44:43 AM »
After being somewhat delayed due to a stampede that seriously damaged My personal wagon and necessitated ari and Myself sleeping in the Clan wagon for awhile, the first batch of ka-la-na has been pressed and is settling. Tonight I will begin racking the juice, which process will take a few days. If anyone wants some ka-la-na juice before I start racking out the sediments and such, this is a good time to let me know  ;)
Also am setting up implements for a round of brewing, will try a nice mead for the first batch. Am having ari clean out the old still I found off in a dusty corner, so perhaps we might also eventually have paga and other spirits available. Give Me a bit of time and we'll have one rollicking lil Clan goin here.  ;D

...Arlon

Offline ariella {*Arlon*}

• in His collar, i found freedom
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 02:21:12 PM »
i will get right to cleaning that, my Master, like a good little girl (most of the time *naughty wink*)
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

Page 184 - Explorers of Gor

Offline Arlon

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »
The first batch of Ka-La-Na is in the bottles and aging now, about another week or so and it should be ready. Looking for more fresh fruits even now to start a new batch of...something...lol. Might have to make a supply run soon.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »
my Master, i delivered the wine You told me about, and posted it to the board.
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »
my Master, i delivered some more wine for You last night

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 11:08:49 PM »
i have finally cleaned that still and cleaned and organized the wagon to make it more managable to live in there.

Offline Arlon

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
Wow, I've been getting behind in here LOL. Another batch of ka-la-na is aging now, and gifts from the first batch are still slowly making their way to Those they are intended for. I am opening a new thread fro requests, let Me know what You want made and I'll try to make it happen  ;)

Offline Arlon

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 09:34:41 AM »
Got the batch of honey mead going for Taryn last night ... looks like it's gonna make rather more than She ordered, so there may even be some left for general consumption. Should be ready in about 2 weeks, since it has to age and all before it's drinkable. Thinking of starting a new thread for Clan knowledge, to keep all My recipes and such so that I and any future Vintners will have them. (I mean hey, eventually there might actually be new members in the Clan, wouldn't that be cool...)

Offline Arlon

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:05:23 PM »
Taryn's honey mead is goin into the bottles today, so then all it needs is to age a bit and voila! ready to go hehe. Bout 10 days or such and it will be ready for pickup. Woot!

....Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »
 Migration prep is officially underway. The paga still was dismantled and packed away last night, since due to the extremely hot weather there will be no more paga produced this season. I had hoped to get a batch of sul paga done, a small one to be sent to the med wagon for disinfectant lol, but could never get My hands on enough suls in time.
 Wine will continue to be available until the Askari come to make Me lock it up, but should be carefully controlled as to how much is consumed. It's not really high in alcohol but there IS alcohol in it, and alcohol dehydrates body tissues. The only reason it's still available is cause it also has vitamins and such in it, and is actually healthy when taken in smaller doses.
 The big wine vats will be stored tonight, so even wine production is being halted but there is enough in stock to last for some time. Mead will be available till right before Migration.

...Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 01:06:51 PM »
Not much more prep to do for Migration, will be helping others with theirs as I can. The axles are greased on the Clan wagon, traces on both wagons have been checked and where necessary replaced, everything that needs to be packed away has been ... will have ari refill the oil in the lamps and the red lanterns and that should be about it.
 Taryn's honey mead is ready and is being delivered tonight, and the excess (since I made a HUGE batch lol) is available for general use.

....Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 07:09:21 PM »
 MIgration is underway officially as of last night. All alcoholic wares are still locked away to deter dehydration issues, both wagons secured and in motion. On another note, I have finally secured another personal wagon so that ariella and I are no longer residing in the Vintner's wagon. Hopefully this wagon can manage not to get busted up by stampeding bosk.
 Am hoping to resume production soon after reaching the summer Camp, and will post here when the restrictions are lifted and fresh spirits are sent to the Commissary wagon.

.....Arlon