Author Topic: Clan of Vintners : Duty Log  (Read 16449 times)

Offline Arlon

Re: Clan of Vintners : Duty Log
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 03:43:55 PM »
 Okay, we are Home once more!  ;D Unpacking begins tonight, and once I have assessed the available supplies of fruits and grains for making alcohol, the Vintner's wagon will once again light the braziers and start cooking up new batches of wine and other such tasty beverages;)
 Present supplies will be released for use as soon as these ASKARI get outof my bloody way so I can unlock the freight wagon ..... :P

...Arlon

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 11:22:19 AM »
~leaves a note on your clan wagon~

Brother, I have a crate of fruits for you to use in your vintner's wagon... come find me when you and I are in camp and I will have you look them over and one of my thralls will deliver them to either your wagon or clan wagon...

--Taryn

Offline Arlon

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 03:17:25 PM »
Woohoo! Thanks, Sissy. I'll be over this evening, and will probably start the first pressings tonight LOL. If You need more honey mead, I still have some from that first batch, and there is still honey to make more. *w*

...Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 02:11:06 AM »
Unpacking is finally done, ariella will be busy cleaning on the new wagon for awhile, and the first pressings of the new fruits will begin as soon as I can get into Camp to start them. (RT really gets in the way sometimes....) Thanks again Sissy for the crates of fresh fruits, I will see they are put to very good use  ;)

...Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 07:51:15 AM »
 Sheesh, amazing how far behind one can get when r/t gets crazy ... OK, the new fruits are being put to use.  There is a fresh batch of Ka-La-Na wine aging even now (had to NPC that, which I hate, but the fruits won't keep forever even for r/t), and a batch of grape wine settling. Paga production is proceeding normally even with the new paga wagon running, especially since much of it goes right to the paga wagon. Some of the other fruits have been pressed for juice, which will be sent to the Commissary and Med wagons, and I am even contemplating taking a stab at annisette since the last Brewer kindly left the recipe for it. At this rate I'm gonna have to make a trip for more fruit before much longer, especially since mulled wines are going to be needed soon for the winter months. And I am definitely gonna need brewer's yeast and fixer. Suppplies are good right now, but I will need to lay some up for winter soon.
  It also occurs to me that, as busy as ariella and I have been with pressing and bottling lately, another kajira or two might be of use. (Probably NPC's, though any Camp kajirae needing chores to do are welcome to help out as well here and there.) I may even consider looking for a suitable apprentice (to keep the wagon going when r/t keeps me out of Camp, as seems likely to be often with a baby on the way now). I shall post a notice soon regarding both issues, since the Clan needs to grow now.

....Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 12:14:51 AM »
The grape wine has been bottled and is aging, and I started a new batch of honey mead this night. I decided to try adding a bit of ramberry for flavoring (and to use up some ramberries I had extra lol), and jsut a hint of chamomile. I think it will work out well. The wort has been cooked and is cooling overnight, I will pitch the yeast tomorrow and let the wort work for a few days, then it should be ready to bottle and age.

....Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 07:53:52 AM »
 The new batch of mead is ready for the bottles, and I will try to get to that tonight. The finished product looks very good: as with last time, the tospit did an excellent job of clarifying the wort. The ramberry and chamomile appear to have worked in well also; I cannot see evidence of separating or detect individual bits of chamomile herb left over after the straining. The mead will go in the bottles tonight, then be aged for 10-14 days before serving. As always, Taryn gets the first bottles since She loves honey mead so much.

...Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 06:29:44 AM »
The new mead is finally deemed ready, and is available for use. As always with honey mead, the first four bottles even now reside upon Taryn's porch. I also sent two bottles each to Dragonslair and the Med wagon.

...Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 09:39:30 AM »
Once again, RT keeps Me too busy to keep My logs...:( Production has continued as best it might, and goodly amounts of spirits have been stocked in the freight wagon, with a great deal of help from dakota, Tira's thrall, who has been very good about toting crates to the freight wagon so I could keep producing. Winter Migration is imminent, and preparations for that have necessitated the stowage of most of the heavy equipment, including once again the large wine vats and the still. With ariella mostly unavailable due to r/t, most of the work is either being done by Myself or by NPC thralls/camp kajirae.
 The first of the bulk orders were processed and delivered over the last couple days: 2 cases of good red wine to Faramir, with a couple bottles of good paga thrown in; and 1 case of Sul paga to Nexhias, intended for use as a topical disinfectant, along with a bottle of kalana wine for actual drinking. Both deliveries made late last night by thrall courier.
 I have also received a list from Shoko of things Her Brother would like to have delivered; that list will be filled in the next day or so, hopefully before BERAT decides it's time to move. I am beginning one last batch of honey mead, a large one, that I hope will be stable enough to travel before we Migrate. This to replace the copious amounts of mead requested in the latest order.
 Remaining finished product in the freight wagon is estimated at eight to twelve cases of red wine, two to three of ka-la-na, six of honey mead (after the large order is filled, hence the large replacement batch), and approximately eighteen cases of paga in oversized bottles. One case of slave wine is also kept near the back of the wagon, and two large demijohns of fermented peaches are ready to be shipped.
 Finished product in the Clan wagon: four red, two white, one ka-la-na, two honey mead. Also one batch each of white and mead in aging racks, and the season's last batch of ka-la-na working.
 It is My plan, while in Turia this Migration, to acquire more yeast and fixer, fresh fruits in bulk for pressing, and a barrel or two of tospits for clarifier. New tubing for the still would also be a plus, and I would like to find some barrels for bulk wine storage if possible. It is not impossible that I may need to find a second freight wagon as well, to use strictly for bulk storage of barrels, bottles, fruits, etc. so the current freight wagon can be better organized for storing finished product (and the large wine vats when needed).

....Arlon

Offline Arlon

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »
After an eventful few nights, the following: the interior of the Vintner's Wagon has been effectively destroyed by a spooked riding tharlarion. There is also significant structural damage from said tharlarion tearing its way throughthe opening, enlarging it considerably and very nearly collapsing the entire tent-domeupon itself inthe process. Supplies are at an all-time low; such few as are left are being moved to the Vintner's freight wagon for safekeeping. Yeast inparticualr is criticallyl low, and will virtually stop production until replenished.
 For the moment, the Vintner's wagon is toast; the repair process will be lengthy and Migratrion is not far away now. Since the wagon carriage appears to be sound yet, the wagoncan be brought along as-is, and repaired when time permits.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 10:29:08 PM »
(leaves a anonno-mouse letter tacked to the door of the clan wagon)

ARLON!

I seen that your wagon needed some reparing, so I had a group of thralls come over and fix up the doorway and I cleaned out the wagon too!

Everything that was salvageable was cleaned off and put up on the remaining set of shelves... the whole wagon was cleaned and swept, all the debris cleared out and even a picture or two hung on the wall.

In payment to myself I took a bottle of white wine from the storage and plan on having a glass with my dinner!

I need no other repayment!

[in leiu if a signature there is only a cartoonish picture of a baby larl with a pink bow atop its head]

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 11:46:46 AM »
delivered to the Vintier wagon from the trip to the point...

six barrles of yeast.

a crate of suls (we make sul paga right?)

five crates of other various fruits... the other fruit bought was taken to the commisary to be eaten.

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
I am slightly (Waaaaaaaaaaaay Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Far) behind in updating this.  -lol- 

The Clan wagon was once more straightened and fixed, made ready for use.  Bottles have been cleaned and sterilized and put up for use when it comes time once more.  Supplies were restocked and well, things are ready.

Yesterday I got some of the fruits pressed and racking and two small vats set aside in case anyone wishes fresh juice.  Today I plan on starting a honey mead batch as well.

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 08:37:46 PM »
Okay migration is over as is the restocking at the Point.  So for now, things are getting back to normal.  Grape wine has been made, racked, and bottled.  There is some being stored as well as some in the process of being readied for bottling.  A bottle from each batch when it is bottled has been left out for Arlon to sample to ensure that all is well with the pressing.  Also a batch of mead has been started and being allowed to settle.  There should be around 12 more days before it's ready to drink. 

Stock is, for now, in good supply and all is normal.  The clan is keeping busy with ensuring the the Camp has what it needs as well as stock for bartering if necessary later on. 

I have yet to get up with Tayrn since migration to see what it is she wished to talk to me about in regards to the Clan.  Our schedules haven't been nice to us just yet to give us time to talk.  Hopefully I'll get to see her soon on this.

I spoke with Amber last evening and she said that the Healer's clan does not need any sul-paga just now, but some fermented peach pulp supply is needed for whenever the Clan can get around to starting it.  I should be able to get started on this in the next few days baring anything else happening.  She was also warned that I've never done this, so it might take longer than normal as I'm sure I'll not get the first batch or two right. 

I think that's it for now in the log, know it's been a long time since I've posted on it and am, once again, waaaaay behind.  So hoping that things settle back into a normal routine now and I'll be able to keep up on things more.

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
Finally caught up with Taryn, in between reminding everyone it was physical time and planning for migration, she said she had something that she thought the Vintner's Clan could use.  It was an variety blend oil that could be used to take the bitter taste away from some drinks.  I told her I would get up with her soon both for the physical and for the oil so the clan could try it. 

So far the supplies are still in good shape.  An inventory is in the process of being started since it will not be long til migration. 

The fermented peach has been delivered to the healer's wagon, both Taryn and Amber were made aware of it last evening.  There were 4 cases delivered and if more is needed, all a healer has to do is send word and a new batch will be started.