Author Topic: Peter Graves, 83  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Peter Graves, 83
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »
Peter Graves Dead: Actor found in Pacific Palisades home.

Peter Graves has reportedly been found dead in his Los Angeles area home. The actor was 83.

A source told the Los Angeles Times that he apparently died of natural causes.

Graves stared in "Mission: Impossible" and "Airplane!"

n a Times story late last year, Graves said he initially turned down the role for "Airplane!" because he thought it was in poor taste--until actors Robert Stack, Lloyd Bridges and Leslie Nielsen signed on to the cast. "They say you are supposed to stretch as an actor, so let's go stretch it," he told The Times' Susan King.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times when I wish I was born earlier to be able to see the actors I have been in awe with for such a short time, to see with my own two eyes the original releases of movies that they filmed. But alas, I wasn't, so each movie that these older generation of movie actors have done, I got to watch at a later date, and not only seen and felt the reaction of audiences of the movie premiere....

Peter Graves is another one of those actors who I fell in love with with the older movies that he was involved in, then he started to doing movies in my era and again I fell in love with the man... The world is much smaller and quiet with the passing of this wonderful man...

May you have found peace Peter, you will be missed by many

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
Re: Peter Graves, 83
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:43:57 PM »
'Airplane' was the first movie where Graves played a comedic role, at least that I saw.  He had always been a dramatic actor before, and was great as the Leader of the Mission Impossible group.  I think that the line that I best remember from 'Airplane' was, "and stop calling me Shirley"...I still LMAO when I have seen reruns of 'Airplane' over his delivery of the really silly line.

Rest well, Peter.

Medi
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle