Author Topic: ...You are how you dress...*JDL*  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
...You are how you dress...*JDL*
« on: February 24, 2019, 04:55:54 PM »
...My Grandmother, a full blood Hispanic, told me a classic tale that is often told in Mexico...I will translate it into English... ;)

A rich man went out into the small farms around his holdings, and stopped at a small house.  The owners were delighted to see him, and invited him in, and asked if he would stay for dinner.  He did, and they used the last of their supplies to prepare a very fine dinner.   :)   A few weeks later, he put on peasant clothing, and went to the same house.  He asked for a meal, and was rudely told to move on.   :(  He waited a few more weeks, and put on his fine clothing, and returned to the same house.  He was WELCOMED to enter, and another fine meal was prepared.  When it was set before him, he started smearing the food all over his clothing.  The owners watched, open mouthed, and asked him what he was doing.  He kept smearing the food, and said, "I was here a few weeks ago, and you wouldn't feed me, now you are.  I guess that you just want to feed my clothes."   ;D

I got a taste of that today.  I 'clean up' very well, back when I was working and would go into a Subway for a sandwich, the counter girls would treat me very well.  They would smile, and chat and make a very nice sandwich.   :)  I have been struggling with RT issues the past couple years, and have let my appearance go.  Today, I went out for a walk, I was wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt with a windbreaker, and using my cane.  I arrived at a strip mall, and saw the Subway shop, and decided that a turkey/bacon/cheese/guacalope wrap would be good to take home.  I stopped for a moment when I saw my reflection in a shop window...and thought...OMG...I look like a bum!  I just shrugged, and said to myself, "Just get the sandwich."   ::)

Well, I got the WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD, ANYWHERE!!!  The counter girl had a thick accent, and she made NO attempt to control it when she served me, although I had heard her speaking earlier with very little accent, and she spoke very fast.  I had to get her to repeat her sentence several times.  She just slapped the tortilla down, and then proceeded to question me about the fillings.  I just pointed at the picture of the wrap, and said, "Make it look like that."  She casually made the wrap...and left off the guacamole.  I decided to not make it an issue...guac can get messy if too much is applied.   ::)

So, next time I decide to walk to Subway, I will put on a better outfit, arrange my hair, and put on some makeup...and leave the cane outside.  *JDL*   ;)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle