Author Topic: A very happy update on Hannah  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Hesprit of Turia

• With the eyes of an eagle, I am always watching!
A very happy update on Hannah
« on: March 25, 2009, 08:10:58 AM »
Hi everybody! 

I wanted to pass along an update here, about a cute little girl named Hannah.  I'm sure some of you remember my earlier posts about her, but a quick rundown for those who haven't seen them:

Hannah is the granddaughter of one of my neighbors and in October of 2006, at age 4, she was diagnosed with a rather severe form of leukemia.  She has been through a lot of ups and downs, but ultimately, Hannah has refused to let it get her down, at times even providing the support and strength to those around her when even the adults were struggling.

Hannah has the feisty attitude that is expected of a young girl with curly red hair, and primarily Irish blood flowing through her veins!  *lol*

Obviously it has been a little while since I've posted an update, mainly because things have remained pretty stable for this time, but finally an update is ready!

Anyway, at this time, with her 7th birthday coming up in a month or two, Hannah has passed one of the best milestones around ... when she went to the hospital for her chemotherapy treatment a couple weeks ago, the doctor's and nurses came in with balloons and told her and the family that this was Hannah's final chemo treatment.  This was about a month and a half earlier than the family had expected, but the doctors said that the treatments had been completed and all tests indicated it had been successful.  Hannah will, of course, still need to be tested and monitored for any return of the leukemia, this will continue for several years, and very possibly the rest of her life, but at this point, Hannah is well.

Of course, the first question Hannah asked was, "This means I ca  n sign up for soccer and do cheerleading again and anything I want, right??"  (Of course, the doctor's answer was yes ... I'd have been afraid if he had said no!  *LOL*)

I want to thank all of those who, over the past year, have offered their prayers and support for Hannah and her family.  Now the worries and concern can be replaced with celebration!

Oh, on a side note, in one of those earlier posts, I had mentioned Hannah's mother being pregnant and losing the baby ... well, she became pregnant again and about a month and a half ago, gave birth to a healthy little boy.  Although Hannah had "requested" there should be "no more brudders, it has to be a girl!" ... she is quite active in helping to care for her newest family member.

Offline dilshad{property of Tira}

• ..and without a dream, what then is the dreamer ?
Re: A very happy update on Hannah
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:08:54 AM »
WOW

FANTASTIC !!
Thanks so much for sharing
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • WEBMAZE Mod
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:37:28 AM »
THAT !!

made my day!!

Send Hannah and her family and even her new baby brother.. *G*.. my love and tell them they will always remain in my thoughts and prayers..

Thank you God..
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 04:27:19 PM »
That's the kind of news I needed to hear today!!!!

Thank you God!!!

She and her family will continue to be in my prayers for her continued health and for her new baby brudder...

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

kelsey

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:11:30 PM »
what wonderful news.  Thank you so much for sharing it!

Kels

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 05:24:22 PM »
This is indeed good and wonderful news... Thanks Hesprit for sharing it with us all and give Hannah a hug from me... ~smiles~

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »
Oh I am so glad to hear this!  Thank you for sharing!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!!

Offline Carri

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
Fantastic