Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 206831 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #720 on: December 26, 2008, 08:46:47 AM »
-rubs face cause she's been a little lax posting lately- During the sleen attack Raziel ended up with his arm shoved down the throat of a sleen.  The sleen bit down of course, and once the sleen was dead, his jaws were locked on.  After Czar tried to help and Raziel's arm was nearly ripped off by the dead sleen, I patched him up.  However, last night he finally came to me to have his arm checked.  The pain was immense, after an examination, it was determined that his arm was infected.  I took out the sutures near his shoulder and flushed out the wound,  and found the cause of the infection, the very tip of a sleens tooth was imbedded into one of the puncture wounds.  I tweezed it out and after flushing a bit more sprinkled in green powder before restitching the wounds, adding agrimony/blue grass salve to the outside, and then rebandaging his hand and arm.  On a side note, the burns seem to be doing better besides the fact that he busted the blisters and had caused the burns to bleed several times before the sleen attack.

kelsey

« Reply #721 on: December 27, 2008, 07:52:26 AM »
Raz - Checked and re-bandaged his arm.  He's still in a lot of pain so is restricted to very light duty - He can sit at the fires or walk around and look all feral-like and growl....the burns are pretty much healed.

Rags - Removed the stitches from his shoulder and hands.  The ones on his sides and calf need to remain for another day.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #722 on: January 22, 2009, 12:51:13 AM »
Tended to chanz's very raw swolen throat, she seems to have maybe eaten a bee or soemthing of that nature that didnt agree with her and made her throat all raw, which was only made worse by talking and not getting it treated right away, I gave her some tea made with chammomeal and willowbark to help with the pain and help get her to sleep, because a good nights sleep can help give her time to let her throat rest, I also added some honey to the tea to help soothe her throat, I gave her one serving of the tea tonight and gave her two aditiional tea packets one for the morning and one for the night, and told her to check in with a healer tomorrow.

kelsey

« Reply #723 on: January 22, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »
Shoko - restrict her from talking for a couple of days if it's not any better.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #724 on: January 22, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »
Tended to chanz's very raw swolen throat, she seems to have maybe eaten a bee or soemthing of that nature that didnt agree with her and made her throat all raw, which was only made worse by talking and not getting it treated right away, I gave her some tea made with chammomeal and willowbark to help with the pain and help get her to sleep, because a good nights sleep can help give her time to let her throat rest, I also added some honey to the tea to help soothe her throat, I gave her one serving of the tea tonight and gave her two aditiional tea packets one for the morning and one for the night, and told her to check in with a healer tomorrow.

Ahem...

Just out of curiosity, because I was just, well...if maybe she swallowed a bee or something, well...did you look in her throat?  Maybe it's stung or cut or scratchd or infected from the inside and thus, not as prudent to pour tea down her throat.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #725 on: January 30, 2009, 10:23:11 PM »
I did Shylina's physical tonight, asking her questions about any problems and she did tell me that she has been having at times, ringing in her ears since her incident with the bosk bull, so I suggested that she see Kelsey about it, as it could be something simple to fix or not... Other than that, she's in good health, with a few headaches from stress and being overtired, but since this is the busy season with the herd, that is to be expected, though I would suggest a few days in camp  to rest and relax, but as I told Amber, that would probably be dismissed and she would end up back out in the herd...

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #726 on: January 31, 2009, 11:04:44 AM »
Last night...

Gave Terran his physical- hes in tip top shape physically, he gets headaches from time to time, but thats usual with the stressors in camp.

Gave Amber her Physical- Amber got almost the same diagonisis as her twin! how funny! I did however suggest she get some more sleep.

Also- Amber and I spent some time doing some healing on Wapike, he had fallen in the mud and broken his arm, Taryn who was not working at 100% set the arm properly, but gave him a shot of soemthing... im not sure at this time what it was, but the needle broke free from the syringe and had to be taken out. his arm was also splinted properly.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #727 on: January 31, 2009, 12:47:59 PM »
-=adds a note of OOC to the log=-

I was falling asleep when Wapike fell, I just gave him a small shot of pain medication, and ST is to blame for the needle breaking off and into his arm.. ~laughs~ It was shoddy work, but others were busy...

-=end of OOC explaination because I felt bad for the rp I did=-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #728 on: January 31, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »
Not the ST's fault regarding the needle... it must have been the manufacturer.

::) :D

Offline Amber

« Reply #729 on: January 31, 2009, 02:08:20 PM »
Gave Taryn her Physical - Other than not sleeping, and getting headaches because of it, she is fine.  She was told to get more sleep.

Malefic also received a physical, she's just dandy too, with the exception of her knee, which is a given during weather conditions, like rain and cold.

Helped Shoko with splinting Wapike's arm.  Obviously no duty for him.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #730 on: January 31, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »
Not the ST's fault regarding the needle... it must have been the manufacturer.

::) :D

As I tell all my customers..."Read the owners manual, 9 times out of 10, it is...duh duh duhhhhhhh...User error!"

Raz

Offline Amber

« Reply #731 on: February 02, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
After Terran decided to hold a hand to hand tournament amongst his men, all hell broke loose.  15 men in total were injured, including Terran.  11 of them only had bumps and bruises and were returned to their wagons for the night.  However, 1 suffered a concussion and is being kept overnight for observation.  Another had his shoulder broken, and will be remaining in the medwagon for the night until he is seen to and released tomorrow.  Zeke, Terrans second, pulled a quiva on Terran during their spar, and the result was Terran repeatedly stomping a mudhole in his chest, which caused a tear in his lung and a pneumothorax to occur.  A tube was surgically placed after I sewed up his lung to get the air out of his chest cavity.  A quiva was also shoved completely through his hand, which was packed with healing herb soaked gauze, and then wrapped.  He is guarded by at least four Men before he does something else utterly stupid.  Shoko saw to Terran.

Also spoke at length with Elisa about not injecting herself with random herbs for profalactic reasons.  She started her mentrual cycle and wanted me to stop it.  told her she would just have to deal.  Also gave her some premade willowbark teabags for the cramps she is suffering from.

kelsey

« Reply #732 on: February 03, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »
Examined Shy for her problem with ringing in the ears.  I don;t see any ruptured ear drums, though she did suffer a head injury 6-8 hands ago.

I tol her not to wash her hair for the next couple days as it seems to get worse when she does that, and I did note some fluid. 

I will check her again after a couple days.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #733 on: February 03, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »
Saw to Terrans wounds last night, and Managed to keep from injuring anyone myself...

Terran had a stab wound in the right (?) side, which was cleaned and stiched up, salved and bandaged.

He is off duty for a few days, and should be kept out of the medwagon.

Offline Amber

« Reply #734 on: February 16, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »
aisling received a second degree burn to her hand from touching a hot roasting pan.  She didn't let me know until after she had plunged her hand in a bucket of cold spring water.  Lucky enough it wasn't so bad that she didn't go into shock from doing such.  I wrapped it loosely up in a bandage and gave her willowbark for the pain.  Told her to keep the hand bandaged, clean, and dry, and to use it as little as possible. so she doesn't break the blisters.