Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 206678 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #540 on: May 05, 2007, 12:47:50 AM »
Shy fell out of a tree after the branch snapped, and landed on Nic who fell onto his back.  Nic complained of tingling sensations in his legs, and described radiating pain from his back.  I figured, was a pinched nerve, Taryn started an i.v for fluids and valerian to help with the pain..and Nic was told..three days, laying flat, no extra moving, no getting up, nothing that would further increase or aggrivate the condition, or he would be sent off to the surgery wagon.

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #541 on: May 05, 2007, 01:46:29 AM »
I treated Shy's .... upper thigh ... for a small stab wound. She was stabbed by Nic's quiva, when she landed on him after the tree branch broke

I cleaned the wound, 5 stitches, bandadge and instruded and restricated her to light dutes and 3 days to check to have the bandages returned
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #542 on: May 05, 2007, 05:51:14 AM »
Where did the tree come from?

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Amber

« Reply #543 on: May 05, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »
-erases since some feel the need to defend themselves pissily, and then sign off without letting me respond..just doesn't care anymore-
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:53:19 AM by Amber »

Offline Dream

« Reply #544 on: May 05, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »
Where did the tree come from?

Ask the ST and the bosk bull that was using it to scratch his ass
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #545 on: May 05, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
Okies.

Offline Arlon

« Reply #546 on: May 05, 2007, 12:44:58 PM »
And for My 2 cents... why is this discussion even taking place in the Healers' Duty Log? It is My limited understanding that this thread is for Healing matters. Just wondering.

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #547 on: May 05, 2007, 01:13:59 PM »
Your right Arlon. It is a thread for healing issues. NOT for dissucions on whether a r/p is valid or discussions on where object(s) causing said injuries came from.

Just a friendly reminder from your neighbourhood First Healer. ;)

LM

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #548 on: May 05, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »
It was just a question, if anyone feels the need to discuss this further, You know where to find Me.

Offline Amber

« Reply #549 on: May 15, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »
Last night I cleared Nic to get outta the medwagon.  He has no more tingling, and just says he is sore from laying there for so long.  Had him sit up slowly, then stand up slowly, then bend down and touch his toes..for fun.  He was told to take it easy for a few days to make sure he doesn't hurt himself again.  Then I went off and removed the stitches from Shy's quiva wound.  I also...removed the stitches from Miciahs arrow wound, which was just nice and dandy in a beautiful scar.

Was a busy night for me. -lol-

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #550 on: June 12, 2007, 10:12:10 PM »
This night I was pleased to have the honor of delivering First Son and His Twin Sister to Tayrn and Phoenix. Both are healthy babes. Mother and Babies are doing fine.

LM

Offline Dream

« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »
pleasure has been over doing things in this heat and was starting to show signs of dehydration.  I told her no more chores tonight, light serving and chores like mending or beading, but nothing that will be exerting. she is to drink at least one more full bota of water before bedtime.

JoJo

Offline Dream

« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2007, 07:34:29 AM »
Last eve, Arlon and I went out to the plains, hunting. A sneak attack by a sleen caught Arlon on the left thigh, but not deep enough to require stitching. I applied healing salve and bandaged his leg. Then, while he and I were heaving the dead sleen upon my kaiila's back, I stumbled in (bots famous) over-grown sleen hole, doing a face plant and ended up twisting my ankle really bad. (seeing as the rt hour was late, no treatment was done to my ankle and it was swelling pretty good by the time Jo got her boot off)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »
Today, while making my rounds in and about the Medical Wagon, I discovered the three men who had been most severely injured during the collapse of the freight wagon.  After assessing the injuries, I reported to (NPC Healer) Master Jacobi.  With the help of thralls, the man with the internal injuries was moved within for surgery, while the one with the shattered femur was given preliminary treatment outside.

The man with the shattered left femur has had the bone set.  Exploratory surgery will be necessary to recovery any bone shards.  The bone may need to be stabilized with pins, depending on the extent and nature of the break.  The man with internal injuries is currently in surgery to determine the extent of his injuries.  The left side of his chest has a concavity in the rib area, and a punctured lung and spleen are suspected. 

The man with the head injury is past help, and the Blue Sky Song was sung for him.  A lethal shot of Valerian will be administered to ease his passing.

In other news, cots within the Medical Wagon are at a premium as pre-migration takes its toll.  Dehydration and gorings from ill-tempered bosk are the most commonly seen injuries, and those with less severe ailments are being treated in the shade beneath the Medical Wagon to leave cots for those who are worse off.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Arlon

« Reply #554 on: June 16, 2007, 12:33:43 PM »
Finally got Johari's ankle wrapped last night. No bruising was observed so the ankle is not broken, applied moss paste and wrapped in sterile bandaging. pleasure later made her some willow bark tea for pain control. She was advised to take willlow bark for pain, and to avoid putting weight on the injured ankle for the next 24-48 hours.

....Arlon