Author Topic: Migration Log  (Read 6116 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Migration Log
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
Entry

War continues.

Tuchuk broke camp and began encircling the main encampment. Incedibly hot and of course raining. Anything to make movement tougher.

Three "accidental" deaths reported, though no evidence these were caused by migration itself. No time to properly investigate.

Travel formation accomplished and movement halted for the night.

Security at full alert.

End report.

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
Re: Migration Log
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
Entry Two

War continues.

Tuchuk moved out and set a course South by Southwest heading for the point of the River of Tears crossing.

Still hot and rainy.

Good progress was made, though weather and growing mud made movement difficult.

Regular enemy harassment along route, no major losses, minor losses found acceptable.

As wagons progressed, Units sent to secure route are holding and reforming as they are picked up according to progress. Stopped for the night, hot food and rest.

End Report

Ragnar

Additional entry...

Scouted in advance of column, located an enemy buildup ahead. No choice but to move on as planned and monitor enemy movements.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »
Entry Three

War continues.

Slow to move out due to accident. Wagon collision. Smaller home wagon damaged the Ubara's wagon. Home wagon had to be abandoned, broken axle with wheel removed in collision. Ubara's wagon continued on and repairs are under way.

Wagons halted for the might. Hot food and rest.

Hot and rainy, mud increasing making movement difficult though still acceptable.

Enemy still holding position and growing in number as their units withdraw.

Tuchuk numbers grow as units reform with advancing column.

If advance continues as expected, river crossing should take place when wagons move again.

Minor casualties, acceptable losses.

End report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
Entry Four

War continues.

Wagons moved out with no incidents. Rain continued most of the day with temperatures still 90+ degrees.

Upon reaching the top of the grade along the wagon route to the River of Tears, A large force of Turians were caught off guard with their backs to the river. An opportunity offered was not allowed to slip away. The Turian force was engaged and Tuchuk unleashed a slaughter.

While momentum was ours, we pushed across the River and established a foothold on the Southern bank from which we pushed outwards forcing the enemy to give ground.

By evening, Tuchuk had successfully made the crossing. Casualties were high, but the deathtoll is not yet known. Many will likely survive, but many are also missing.

The wagons halted to tend the wounded and the stock lest they be pushed to hard to continue. Hot food is available and will likely remain so through the day while wounded are tended and repairs are being made.

Several wagons were lost and the main area's med wagon suffered extensive damage and will likely have to be abandoned. If this is the case, it will be emptied and stripped of all useful materials before it will be used for a pyre for our fallen.

A strong perimeter has been established and roving overlapping patrols are in progress should the enemy decide to counter attack.

Enemy losses are heavy and only by the grace of Endless Sky were we successful.

All weapons, especially arrows will be gathered and distributed as needed, first to all combat units, then reserve units, followed by those of the wagons. Only slaves will remain unarmed, and children yet unable to use the bow or quiva. All others shall remain armed and ready for action at all times.

Tend all stock, tend to one another, and try to rest. The closer we get to Turia, the heavier I expect resistance to become.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
Entry Five

War continues.

Weather was still rainy and hot, though tolerable all things considered.

Topped the grade overlooking the River of Tears and found the enemy encamped along both banks. Tuchuk immediately took the offensive opportunity and swept down the grade taking the enemy, for the most part, by surprise in the early morning ahns.

The RoT was at the high water mark and the current was swift making a retreat for the enemy almost impossible. The current was too much for the two legged tharlarion to maintain good balance and too swift for a direct swimming route. Some did manage to swim as the current carried them downriver and out of the action. I am happy to report it was a very one-sided engagement and quickly won by Tuchuk.

Not wishing to lose the momentum, I ordered the crossing of the River of Tears and assault of the Southern bank. The enemy did not seem to believe we would cross and appeared shocked the assault was pressed. They lined the bank using bows, expecting that to be enough combined with the formidable river.

I have no doubt had the Turian Commanders survived both ban battles, they would have been put to death for underestimating the wagons, the incedible rate of fire in which a Tuchuk can loose arrows, and the fighting spirit of a Tuchuk defending the bosk and the wagons and family when they are threatened directly.

Outriders drew their fire while heavy freighters made the crossing backed by Oralus. When the wagons were in range, they, filled with Warriors, began volley fire with their bows well protected by the wagon boxes and arrow ports. The Outriders leading the assault were able to fall back behind the massed firepower of the wagons, regroup, then all the forward Oralu's advanced rapidly overtaking most of the enemy forces before they could mount up and make an adequate fight of it. Dismounted forces, reduced to scattered elements using short swords primarily do not do well against mounted forces with longer ranged weapons with missile weapon support.

This assault also became a full route of the enemy force.

Our wounded and dead were gathered by the main columns as it advanced, crossed the river suffering some losses along the way and reached the Southern side of the river. There they tended to the wounded of both bank battles, saw to our fallen, and after setting up a perimeter defense settled in for the night and remained in place the next day regrouping and getting as much rest as possible, tending the stock and seeing to repairs.

It was much welcomed and needed rest.

Enemy casualties................ 7,000 plus
Enemy captives.................. 0
Tuchuk casualties............... 2,037 (Dead, wounded, and injured)
Tuchuk Missing in Action...... 397

I expect these number of Tuchuk to fluctuate as some will return that were carried downriver, stragglers will return from pursuing the enemy beyond the recall, etc.

The loss of a single Tuchuk is felt, but from a Commander's perspective, it was a clear victory. I do not expect such victories again. I expect the enemy to not underestimate us again, nor is it likely they will be caught unawares again. Costly lessons learned.

End Report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »
Entry Six

I hate reports!

After resting Tuchuk once again advanced. The rain had ceased and the temperature was miserably hot.

The usual expected situations developed with the wagons, IE, wheels requiring additional greasing and maintenance, unsecured chains and binders causing mishaps, the usual trips and sprains, bruises, etc.

The advance Oralu was engaged by an equal enemy force forcing the column to halt until the fighting concluded with the enemy breaking off the engagement when an addition Oralu was ordered into battle. We just overwhelmed them.

I have no doubt the Turians sought only to harass and slow our march, or they would have struck with a much larger force and not done so head on.

The march continued and our casualties were gathered on the move.

Ubar deviated from the normal migration route into broken rocky ground where the are is pocketed with plenty of freshwater springs, so while the going is more difficult, water is plentiful.

I think Ubar is losing his marbles.

I hate reports.

The wagons have stopped for the night and a good strong security perimeter has been established. The wagons will begin their march again as soon as possible.

Enemy Casualties.......... 387
Tuchuk Casualties......... 253 (Dead, wounded, and injured)
Tuchuk missing............. 13

I hate reports.

End Report

Cassius
Oraluman

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »
Entry Seven

Ubar decided that an additional day of rest was warranted.  The day was sunny and hot, and much of the mud dried to at least a manageable consistency.

There was no enemy engagement this day.  Normal patrols were kept in place.

The area we are camped in has an abundance of fresh springs.  All water barrels were ordered topped off or filled.  This may likely be the last chance for fresh water. 

Patrols continue their rescue and recovery duties. 

End of report.

NightStorm
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 04:04:53 PM »
Entry Eight

War continues.

The wagons continued their march South. The day of rest did a great deal of good for both Tuchuk and the stock. All things considered, a good amount was covered before the wagons again stopped for the night.

The enemy has continuously remained within sight, but no combat had ensued.

The ground remains firm and though sunny, a definite temperature change is starting to be felt. The nights are cooling and the days no quite so hot, which is good for the bosk. It is not so draining and the teams are able to recover more quickly and water consumption is lessened.

The march continued until just after dark at which time a halt was called for the night. Once again a strong perimeter was established and all is well.

More Warriors have been discharged to light duty and will soon rejoin their units for full active duty.

It is my intent to move out again just after dawn when the first patrols return so we are not moving blindly.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
Entry Nine

War continues.

The wagons pulled out as planned and though covering ground, the route was difficult and slow progress was made.

Water was available, and full advantage taken with what time allowed.

The weather continues to get cooler, though the sun remained shinning.

The wagons halted at nightfall and will once again move on come the morn.

End Report.

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
Entry Ten

War continues.

The wagons moved out as intended and without incident. The course was altered to get free of the rougher terrain and back into good grass. The weather remains cool and sunny.

Once out of the rough terrain, goo progress was made, and Tuchuk may have actually gained ground.

The wagons halted for the night periodically, but did continue moving after the stock rested.

The march South did end come the dawn to see to the wagons and tend the stock. It was hoped we would have a good day of rest after necessities were seen to. This was not to be.

The enemy attacked our forward left flank and did make it into the wagons. The enemy was repelled, but I do not see this as any great accomplishment, a it appeared to me to be only a harassing engagement and not intended to achieve any major goal. On the offchance that was the intent, the enemy failed.

Tuchuk killed............ 127
Tuchuk wounded....... 189
Enemy casualties..... 300 (+- estimated)
Enemy captives.........    6

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »
Entry Eleven

War continues.

I hate reports.

The wagons remained in place for a day and will move again come the morrow. The wagons needed work, the stock needed rest, and the wounded needed a day without being jostled and banged around on the move.

Minimal enemy contact, and at that only visual.

We move again at dawn.

I hate reports.

I hate reports.

I have reports.

Did I mention I hate reports?

End Report

Cassius

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »
Entry Twelve

War continues.

The wagons moved out and made good progress covering a good deal of ground before finally stopping for thenight in fair grass and flat lands.

The weather remained sunny, though cold. It was a night for braziers, or at the very least an additional fur for sleeping. One can tell we have definitely left the Cartius region and our wintering lands well behind us.

The only enemy contact was visual, by Outriders riding point. I do not suspect this will last much longer as we march closer to Turia with each passing day.

Do what needs be done, rest and eat. Conserve strength for what is likely ahead.

End Report.

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
Entry Thirteen

War continues.

The wagons continued their Southerly march as expected. Though sunny, it proved to be a cold day.

No incidents to report, and no enemy contact made save for visuals. A blessing.... or curse? Time will tell.

End Report.

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »
Entry Fourteen

War continues.

The temperature was cold and the wagons once again began their march South. The temperature continued to fall and the sky grew dark. By midday the wagons were forced to stop as snow impaired visibility.

The stock was tended and Tuchuk was able to rest and dine upon ho food.

NO enemy contact was made nor enemy sighted. It is believed they too looked for whatever cover they might find to wait out the storm.

End Report.

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 04:36:45 PM »
Entry Fifteen

War continues.

Heavy snow and blizzard conditions exist. Tuchuk is snowed in. The risk of the column spreading out too much and the additional strain on the bosk is too great to risk travel at this time.

Eat, tend the stock, and rest. Wait out the storm.

No sign of the enemy, but I hold no doubt they are still out there, doing as we are. Waiting.

A small delegation attended Last Rites for Donar. He will not be forgotten and the number of those present spoke well of him.

The delegation returned home arriving shortly before dawn. All was quiet and secure.

Odds are high Tuchuk will remain in place due to stormfront conditions.

End Report.

Ragnar