Author Topic: MIGRATION LOG Winter 2018  (Read 2474 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
MIGRATION LOG Winter 2018
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »
For some reason we lost several people right off, then the room hiccuped and pretty much took the rest except for a couple of us.

We are all but ready to move except for just a couple details.

We will pick up there Sat night and go from there.

Rags

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
Re: MIGRATION LOG Winter 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 08:48:13 PM »
...The room has been difficult, I have seen that...it just stops...and I can't get back on.  But, it should get better.   :)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 05:27:35 PM »
Entry 2

Tuchuk is on the move.

We have left without the usual trip around the perimeter. Instead we moved out and formed into column of march once passing through the perimeter. Any wagon not rolling was burned in place rather than be left behind.

Kassar are present in the area, and the column will continue moving through the night.

End report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 10:10:17 PM »
Entry 3

The column had moved through the night as hoped, stopping during the day to rest and tend the stock. The dusting of early snows have no become much of an issue save for the cold temperatures.

Another small skirmish with Kassar created a few additional casualties.

Once again the column will move through the night which will help with staying warm. Good ground was covered this day and we should see Turia in another day or two at the most if time and luck are on our side.

Supplies are running extremely low, but thus far Tuchuk is in no danger. We still have plenty of meat.

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »
Entry 4

The column met stiff resistance on the approach to Turia. Four Kassar Oralu were confirmed with other possible supporting Oralus behind them. It seems each step has met with Kassar resistance along our line of march.

Tuchuk could have met the Kassar and most likely defeated them, but what could be gained must be measured against hat could be lost. Were there only Warriors present, battle would have been a given. However... with wagons, stock, Women, children, even victory could have been costly.

The decision to bypass Turia and head for our wintering lands as made.

Supplies are low to non-existent. Tuchuk will just have to live once again on a traditional Tuchuk menu. We have plenty of meat, cheeses, milk, and eggs. Make due.

The column has presently moved into the area of rough broken ground and has halted. The rough terrain eliminates any ground attack on the column using speed. It allows plenty of time to use bows an quivas to repel slower advancing enemy forces.

It remain cold, and colder. Snow is slowly accumulating. The non-combatants of Tuchuk have hot food and shelter. The Warriors have their kailla. Help them as possible.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »
Entry 5

The column has remained in the rough terrain resting the stock. The herd remains close by and if all goes well, the column will begin its march once again.

The Warriors have been able to get some much needed rest and hot food as well.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »
Entry 6

The column did finally manage to move out once again following another small skirmish with Kassar.

The rest did bring some new life to the teams and a good pace has been set to continue covering ground.

The weather continues to be problematic with snow and wind.

The camp's general food supplies are finished save for meats, eggs, and dairy products. Some individuals still have personal stores, but those will likely not hold out much longer.

All cooking is done by individuals as the commissary has closed up shop until more supplies are obtained.

Pooling resources is recommended. It is easier to heat one wagon for several than several wagons for only one.

Individuals are offering Warriors cooked meat at their wagons. It also helps them keep busy during the seemingly endless passangs of cold and snow.

The column has continued moving through the night. It seems easier to stay warm while moving during the night when the temperature drops. We will continue moving until stopping once again becomes a necessity.

The herd is doing well though they are starting to drop weight. This is expected during any long distance move, and will remedy itself once areas of less snow and better grass is found.

Collect any riderless Kassar mounts possible along our march. There will likely be some. Keep those in good shape. Those wounded, or of poor quality is to become sleen food. Save all tack and gear. Sort it and look for food items, items of monetary value, and for medical supplies.

Spirits are holding given the present circumstances. Hopefully some event will take place to bolster spirits higher before serious growlies set in.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 06:03:32 PM »
Entry 7

The column continues covering ground despite the weather, stopping only to rest the teams. The sooner we move into better weather and grass the better.

Kassar are a constant issue along the march. This and lack of supplies and good rest may soon begin wearing down morale.

We continue as always.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 10:17:05 PM »
Entry 8

Good ground was covered by the column and herd.

An Orlu of Kassar rode parallel to us for a few ahn before moving off. I can only surmise they are checking our strength, moral, and our weaknesses considering an attack.

The march has halted to rest and eat, and though it is a risk I believe it a greater risk to push on at this time. If we are to see action, I prefer our Warriors to have had some rest at least and some food in their bellies. We will move on again sometime around the middle of the night. Who knows, we may even surprise Kassar come daylight and they find we are gone.

The temperature is starting to warm as we begin leaving the Southern snow belt. We have drizzling rain in lieu of snow. Still not the most favorable weather, but it is am improvement.

See to all the stock and tack. No exterior lights. Eat, get some rest. Even Warriors will take shifts to do this.

I go to check the herd, and plan on returning to the column before moving out again.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 10:19:40 PM »
Entry 9

We continued on as I wished, making good time and covering good ground. The temperatures are warming and the snow has been left behind.

The column has stopped in the area of springs to refill water barrels and to water the stock well. Tend the stock and check all harnesses and tack. Make certain your wagons are in shape to move or they will have to be left behind. One wagon had fallen out for repairs and an Or of Warriors was dispatched to guard it and help with repairs. They were all lost save for twin Boys. This will not be permitted to happen again.

Eat, and rest as much as possible. The River of Tears is ahead which we must cross. Prepare yourselves for it.

I intend to get the column and herd moving again about halfway through the night.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 10:18:50 PM »
Entry 10

The River of Tears was crossed successful. Arriving early, we avoided the rains that make the river currents extremely hazardous. We suffered the loss one one kennel wagon in the river. Though the RoT was an easy crossing, those making the crossing learned just how costly it really was.

The column has stopped on the Northern side to rest up and eat well before moving on. Needles to say our Healers are busy.

It is my intent to move out as soon as possible in the morn and begin our last leg to our wintering lands. The temperatures are comfortably moderate. Cool at night and fires welcoming, and warm and comfortable during the day. (Mid 70's)

Tend to your property and keep it going for just a few more days with luck.

Morale is still good, though the Warriors are weary. I, myself, look forward to the end of our journey.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »
Entry 11

The column and herd got a late start due to further harassment by Kassar. I have a growing dislike for them.

Once moving, the migration altered course heading Ror (NW). The column and herd will continue rolling until reaching the next fresh water source where we will need to stop only long enough to water the stock and refill the barrels.

The Scouts and I will ride on ahead and see what lies ahead of us. We know the land well, what may be on it is the unknown.

End Report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 10:11:15 PM »
Entry 12

The Scouts and I returned to camp from riding ahead. There is still a strong Kassar presence.

The column and herd reached the stream and took on water for the last leg of our journey. It is my intent to to continue rolling through the night despite tire teams and mounts. The sooner we are in our wintering camp the better.

If luck is with us, we should arrive come the morrow.

End report

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »
OOC Entry 13

Epic fail due to lack of camp members.

My thanks to my Woman for sticking with it as long as she did.

End of fucking report.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »
...I am very sorry for not having participated as much as I should have, Rags.  Again, you put so much into 'Migration'...I didn't appreciate how much time and hard work you put into 'Migration'.  I let you down.  And, you chose your 'Woman' well, she was always at your side.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle