Author Topic: An invitation to the free companionship ceremony of Ares & Lady Asher  (Read 1635 times)

Offline ARES

I hope it's alright to post this as it was suggested I should, to find some old Goreans that I know and would be interested in such news.  My apologies if I have made a mistake by posting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tal and greetings to all!

Good news citizens of Turia and people of the outlying areas (ie, rest of the world)!  After much contract wrangling and a solid courtship period, the prospective companions and their respective families have finally consented to holding a Free Companionship Ceremony.  The event will be held in their city of Turia, naturally.  All friends, families, business associates and acquaintances are invited to attend the momentous occasion. Property is permitted to attend at their owner's discretion and provided they conduct themselves accordingly.

Regards,
Ares of Turia

(OOC: This event will be held in one-off room.  This is a happy rp event.  Leave the melodrama rp behind for one night.  Any douchebags or suicidal slaves will be removed.)

Event Details
Date: 26th March 2010 (Friday night)
Time: 8pm EST
Where: City of Turia, ImagineChat (I won't post a link as it may not be prudent to but feel free to send a forum message to me if you need any help.)
What to bring: A good mood!

From various public corkboards strewn across Turia and other cities where the name of Ares is well-known...

"The day is drawing closer when one of Turia's favourite sons, Ares Lucius Korelios, takes Lady Asher Shareston, as his legal companion for a full Gorean year. If you've been following the gossip boards and we all know you have, their courtship has not been without some controversy! The former Turian ubar spirited away the young (and perhaps naive) free woman to the northern town of Genesian Port, far from the pomp and gossip herlits that often follow famous citizens and dignitaries. Who knows what transpired up there? Hah! Who are we kidding? Our spies noted that both were seen frequently around the merchant town mingling with the locals and would often dine together in the evenings.

Close family friends confirmed that a proposal was put forth at Genesian Port and no sooner had Ares and Asher returned to the city, both families were in a flurry of activity to collate and finalise the contract. It's rumoured that the contract is kept in more than ten secure scroll cases. That's what happens when the rich and powerful join together, folks! Let's not forget, ladies, that whilst Ares might have swept Asher off her slippered feet (after standing on them!), there is more to this contract than the hormonal urgings that occur between even the high caste. The joining of their houses, will all but ensure Asher's father, Councillor Shareston, a High Councillor seat in the next Chamber of Council elections.

But who cares about such mundane necessities when we have a High Caste companionship ceremony to attend and celebrate! Who will attend? What colour will Lady Asher favour for her outfit? Will she wear talendars or break tradition and choose desert veminiums or flaminiums for her hair? Who will get stashed away at the table with the distant cousin who's only interest in life is the mating habits of armoured gatches? Will the House of Korelios splurge for the whole 150 course degustation or pare it down to 100 courses due to the Turian Financial Crisis? This writer will endeavour to find out for you! Keep reading, faithful followers...

Warmest Regards,
Laurentia Verlitton
Senior Writer of The Turian Times"