Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 414967 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #705 on: July 30, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »
has the baby boy in my thoughts and prayers, along with kadibear...

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #706 on: July 31, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »
Today my grandmother was placed in a fine nursing home some thirty minutes from my grandfather's house.  It is a much more pleasant environment than the senior center in Seaford; that particular facility was one of the reasons my Pop-Pop had been so opposed to nursing homes. 

Pop-Pop reports that Mom-Mom's room is spacious, the facility smells clean and is in excellent repair, and the staff is pleasant and well-equipped to handle her round-the-clock needs.  He saw residents, many of whom are in various stages of Alzheimer's Disease themselves, being treated with dignity and respect.  He is permitted to take meals with Mom-Mom and to bring her whatever snacks and treats from home he might wish, and laundry is washed on-site, free of charge. 

Pop-Pop is well pleased with the situation and looked like an immense weight had been lifted from his shoulders when Jay and I had dinner with him this eve.  He does not think his wife of 60 years has much longer, but he feels that he has done the best for her that was possible.  It's really good to see my grandfather in better spirits.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #707 on: July 31, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »
Deep in their hearts... they are still dancing. *S*

Offline Arlon

« Reply #708 on: July 31, 2007, 09:22:48 PM »
 As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, I must unfortunately do so now. Many of you who have talked to pleasure know how much she loved her father. At about 830 this evening I received the news that her father died tonight. Her uncle called me on my cell while I was at work, and told me that Ron had stopped breathing and was taken to the hospital, then calle dback a few minutes later to tell me that he didn't make it. At this time I am still trying to reach pleasure to tell her, she is out of town and very difficult to get hold of atm.
 Ron was a master mechanic and a veteran of 3 tours in Vietnam. It was my pleasure to know him for about 13 years, and he was the best father-in-law I could have asked for. He will be very sorely missed. Please remember pleasure and her family in your prayers and thoughts, this is a very difficult time for them and I know they will welcome all the prayers and positive thoughts they can get right now.

....Arlon

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #709 on: July 31, 2007, 10:39:14 PM »
adding pleasure, yourself, and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

pleasure, I wish I knew the words right now .. all I can do is send you my condolences and my hugs to help keep you strong when you need it most.  love you teaser.
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline ariella {*Arlon*}

• in His collar, i found freedom
« Reply #710 on: July 31, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »
sends hugs and warm thoughts to my sis, miss you, i'm here if you need to talk. i dont know what esle to say, i'm not very good at this stuff, just lots of hugs
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

Page 184 - Explorers of Gor

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #711 on: August 01, 2007, 12:58:45 AM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to pleasure.

However, do you think it is wise to post this information without her knowledge? I know I would not wish to... by chance.... gain access to the boards and discover such a loss this way.

Offline ariella {*Arlon*}

• in His collar, i found freedom
« Reply #712 on: August 01, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »
That is a good point Master. You will be happy to know that pleausre did call home last night, and was told the news, and is on the way home now.
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

Page 184 - Explorers of Gor

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #713 on: August 01, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
Now that I am no longer worried pleasure was going to receive a shock coming to these boards - so I hesitated to respond, in the event the message about her father was removed - I extend my condolences.  There is never anything to say in a situation like this, except to offer the blessing that he did not linger in his passing and the hope that he felt no pain.  I am here if you need to talk, sis. -hugs-

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #714 on: August 07, 2007, 06:53:46 PM »
Jale's brother had a bad fall and is in the hospital. Please include him and his wife in your prayers... as well as jale and her husband as well.

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #715 on: August 08, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »
jale and her family are always in my thoughts and prayers... especially at this time.

Offline Arlon

« Reply #716 on: August 08, 2007, 09:31:47 AM »
Will do. Lots of prayers and love to go around.

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #717 on: August 08, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »
adds jale and her family to my thoughts and prayers...as well as leaving soft hugs for her.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #718 on: August 12, 2007, 03:01:59 AM »
lights candles for all in need
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #719 on: August 12, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »
I don't ask for much, but I'm asking for some prayers for my family, particularly my dad. My mom called me this morning to inform me that my uncle, one of my dad's younger brothers (at the age of 73), had a massive heart attack last night and did not make it. I am worried about my dad now, since he is not in good health.

thanks
Kim
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them