Author Topic: A question or two...  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
A question or two...
« on: May 07, 2009, 11:11:37 PM »
There is a situation that Tira is saying that her feet are cold, though it's in the high 80s in camp, she has been having dilshad warm them up by laying on them, and she keeps them close to the fire. I asked her about it tonight, I did ask her if she had issues of her feet falling asleep, and she said at times when she's been in the saddle for a long period of time, or when she's sitting on her steps. I know that the stabilizing serums remove most of the ailments that we would find here on earth, but does it completely erase any circulatory problems as well? As this is something that might come across again in the future, I am asking how to deal with this issue. I have told her to see to either Kelsey or Raziel (though I know he's only a Field Medic, he has more experience than I), to have them check her over. She said she would see Kelsey in the next few days.

The next question I have, what all would be eliminated by the serums? I know colds, the flu, and cancer are the biggest ones, but what are the others?

Thanks,
Taryn

kelsey

Re: A question or two...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
I have no clue what is going on with Tira.

As for your second question, my understanding is that the serums eliminate diseases common to earth, colds, flue, viruses, diabetes, coronary disease, cancer, etc.  We do have infections from wounds and dysentery.   I have to defer to Raziel, or to someone who has read more of the books that I have for clarification and possible correction.

Kelsey

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
First and foremost, assess the patient.

Ask Tira if she has had the serum shot and that will eliminate a majority of issues.

The serum was developed to battle the drying and withering disease on Gor, or aging on earth.  In that development, what happened was something that helps everyone on a genetic level.  It alters the genetic code so that cells can replace themselves, thus aging stops because that is cells breaking down and unable to repair or replace themselves.  Sickness is much the same way, it attacks the body and some cells are weak and cannot fight off the infection, the immune system isnt strong enough, but with the serums we are like.....hrmm....Wolverine...healing fast, just not his fast...

So, Tira with cold feet if she has had the serum shots.....

Tell her to loosen the strings or wear looser boots...
Walk around more to get the blood flowing...
Stay out the saddle...
Loosen her bloomers and quit wearing tight thongs...

Tira with cold feet if she hasnt had the serum shots...
Come to the med wagon to get a full examination and full history of ailments/symptoms and Taryn you might want to be present during that too.

If you wish to know more on the serum and affects lemme know.

Raz

Offline Taryn

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
Thank you, Brother... I needed a bit of a refresher course it seems, as it has been sometime since I have read the books or had access to them...

But from what I have been told, Tira was brought here to Gor on the silver ship, so she more than likely got her serum shots on the trip here... though she wasn't sure if she's had the shots, so I will suggest such about the bloomers ~blushes~ thong, as well as the saddle, boots and walking about more... though if in question about the shots, is there a way to do a workup to see if they were administered?

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »
Just remember, there are some varied effects of the serum...

It can last indefinately
It can wear off after a few hundred years
or it can speed up the aging process instead.

It is a series of shots spread over 4 seperate days and very painful.  If she had them, she would remember.

And yes, there is a way to know if the serum took, through bloodwork.

Raz

Offline Arlon

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »
My thanks as well for the refresher course, Bro. I had not seen a really comprehensive description of how the serums work, only that they slow aging to a crawl and eliminate most Earth diseases. And yes, that they were a 4-shot series (as mentioned fairly eloquently in Captive). So at least part of that was new information to Me, which of course I have filed away under Stuff I Need To Remember just in case I run into any (more) transplanted barbarians ;)

Arlon

kelsey

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 07:04:16 AM »
Actually, it's not only transplanted barbarians that need the shots.  Goreans coming of age need them also.  You have to be trained in camp on how to administer them.  For now, send anyone who needs them to Amber, Raz or me, until you have been trained.

and welcome back.

Kels

Offline Taryn

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:15:19 AM »
Though I would think the barbarians that have been transplanted would be given the shots in route from Earth to Gor, at least that was my understanding... If I am wrong, then I am wrong... ~smiles~

Offline Arlon

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »
Noted, and thanks :)

kelsey

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 02:49:49 PM »
You are right Taryn.  I didn't think to mention it in my post this morning.

Kels