Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 206560 times)

Offline Fishy!

Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #915 on: May 30, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »
-posted on behalf of Geetah-

Last night Gnuyen, the instructor for the recruits was hit with a practice arrow. Ubara herself tended the wound in the field, removing the arrow and packing the wound so he might be seen.

the wound is in the left side of his back, near the kidneys, once he was brought in Geetah tended to him checking to make sure that the kidney had not been perforated, only bruised before stitching him up.

Curretnly he is sedated and hooked up to an IV, receiving fluids and antibiotics, there is still blood in his urine from the bruised kidneys, but his IV intake vs his urine output is being monitored. he is not running a fever.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #916 on: May 31, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »
-report from the northern perimeter medical wagon-

Tonight myself and Amber went to the recruit medical wagon after hearing that the medical wagon there was in need of help, when we arrived there were several young warriors fooling around, they seemed to have wasted the entire wagons supply of things like valerian.

one field medic- broken orbital bone, he seems alright and though painful the break isisnt bad enough to cause further damage, his vision is fine so hes been advised to use liniment and cold packs for the swelling.

one young male- was treated for a smashed in face, his bottom teeth have been broken and punctured through his lip, hes been sewn up and his lower mouth packed with gauze so that no more damage is done, and then sent on to the inner med wagon for further treatment.

second young male, (possisably son of Yoshi)- had a perforated liver, and a broken floating rib, hes been treated, his liver stitched up, and the internal bleeding stopped, once cleaned and sewed up he was started on IV fluids and antibiotics, then he was given a blood transfusion from Amber, when able he will be sent along to the inner medical wagon for further treatment.

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #917 on: May 31, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »
I helped Gheeta remove and then fit the young man with the split lip and broken teeth with gold teeth.

I also double checked on the field medic and realigned his broken orbital so that it may heal properly so long as he doesn't get hit in the face.

Been keeping an eye on Son of Yoshi(?) all day after he was transferred to the main medical wagon and he seems to be surviving thus far despite the uncertainty of his blood type.

~Amber

Offline Amber

« Reply #918 on: May 31, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
After some idiot recruit shot an arrow during hand to hand combat training - Koke ended up with an arrow in his abdomen.

He was immediately rushed to the Northern medwagon where I performed surgery to remove the arrow from his perforated liver and gall bladder.  I stitched both sides of his liver, pausing to suture shut a ruptured vein before stitching may way out.  He is currently on antibiotics and will be placed on sedation upon his return to the medchamber in DRAGONSLAIR.

Offline Amber

« Reply #919 on: June 02, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »
Did a check up on Koke last night.  There was some small drainage around his stitches so they were cleaned and I used some more agrimony salve and rebandaged them.  He is still kept unconscious on tassa powder for the time along with antibiotics in his i.v.

I also tended to Chagin who got into a fight with Mongo.  He had badly bruised ribs, a few teeth knocked loose, a split lip and a bloody nose.  Nothing was broken as far as I could tell but I wrapped his ribs anyway after applying linament for the bruises.  None of the teeth were loosened enough to need pulled and he is on a soft diet for the next few days until the teeth firm up.

Offline Amber

« Reply #920 on: June 03, 2014, 03:43:42 PM »
SoY ended up being rolled under a kaiila.  A bone chip from his ribs pierced his spleen, the sac around his heart was damaged.  His right shoulder was dislocated and his right femur resulted in a compound fracture and he was the recipient of a concussion.  Four of his ribs also broke with his sternum shattering.

I removed the bone chip and sutured his spleen and removed the sac around his heart along with the resulting fluids and blood clots while Shoko wired his rib cage closed and then set his ribs and sutured his torso up.

I also set his femur, and then sutured his femoral artery when the bone being set ended up lacerating it.  I then used green powder and stitched my way out of his leg.  Cassius popped his shoulder back into place and he is being monitored for his concussion.

He is on i.v. antibiotics, tassa powder and valerian for pain.

I plastered his leg as he will want to move as soon as he is off of the i.v. and splints most likely would be way more awkward and unable to keep the bone from shifting.

I also had a look see at Koke who was presenting a fever with the incision site showing signs of infection.  I got back in there and found a nick to the intestine that had been missed during his original surgery.  A healing slave also did not put him on antibiotics giving the infection a chance to fight with his body.  He was administered feverfew to combat the fever and I thoroughly cleansed his abdominal cavity before applying green powder and once more suturing him up, this time with a tube to help drain fluids and any remaining infection.

Offline Amber

« Reply #921 on: June 04, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
Removed the stitches from Chagin's lip and released him back to duty.

Removed Koke from tassa powder.  His incision site looks good.  The tubing has also stopped draining so much fluids and infection and can be removed tomorrow.

Removed Son of Yule from tassa powder to he could wake up as well.

Offline Amber

« Reply #922 on: June 05, 2014, 11:16:22 PM »
Koke is now awake and able to be on a liquid diet for now.

SoY is also awake and in a lot of pain.  It was found tonight that his entire back is bruised to hell and back, so I applied linament and then gave him a low dose of valerian after Shoko and I moved him to his side so that he isn't on his back while he continues to heal.

Offline Amber

« Reply #923 on: June 06, 2014, 05:17:13 PM »
Removed Koke's i.v., got him some bosk broth and larma juice to drink.  Also removed the draining tube and stitched him up so his skin can heal.  I moved him to DRAGONSLAIR's porch so he isn't stuck inside of DRAGONSLAIR all night long again.

Discharged Nguyen, Son of Yoshi and the Lad from the medwagon, along with anyone who had sutures and could be discharged. 

The only recruits who remain within the medwagon are those with broken bones that still need to heal and Son of Yule.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:58:22 PM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #924 on: June 07, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
Gave Son of Yule (here on known as Yuudai) another small dose of valerian to help ease the pain and with help from Izee moved him to the porch of the medwagon where it is much cooler and there's a change of scenery.

I also got the other ten boys out of the medwagon and onto the porch via crutches and whatnot since it got quite hot in there today.  Am thinking we're going to have to make pallettes so they can sleep beneath the stars and in the cooler air.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:25:50 PM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #925 on: June 09, 2014, 11:34:59 PM »
Been keeping an eye on the ten boys left in the medwagon.  They are getting antsy, so I routinely send them out for crutch fighting, quiva practice, or crutch races.  The only one who remains is Yuudai, but even tonight he walked away from the medwagon.

Sidona had a bit of an accident.  She rolled her ankle pretty badly as she was walking down her steps.  The results is that she sprained it badly and will be on crutches for about a hand while the sprain heals.  I applied linament to the swelling, and gave her a few vials of willowbark to be chewed when the pain becomes unbearable.  She is to alert a healer if the pain ever gets back enough that the willowbark doesn't touch it.  She is of course is restricted from moving around without the crutches, which makes keeping up with her Daughter a little difficult.

Also last night took care of Negan who had been bashed in the face with a shield.  Sutured up his lips (both lacerated by his teeth) and reset his broken nose.  He was released this morning to continue training once the dizziness had faded.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:10:12 AM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #926 on: June 11, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »
My charges from the medwagon have disappeared.  All of them.  There are currently no semi-permanent residents of the medwagon.  All of the boys apparently returned to training after removing their casts themselves.

Treated a Recruit last night for a ear that was nearly ripped off.  Cleaned it out really good, stitched his ear back up, bandaged it, and he ran off to rejoin his unit.

Also gave Merkid some arro to combat being feverish from his scarring the other night.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:08:34 PM by Amber »

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #927 on: June 11, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
from last night-

Tended Sidonas ankle, checked on the swelling and rewrapped it. due to her high levels of pain, I gave her a small dose of Valerian. while painful her ankle is doing well the swelling seems to be starting to go down, and while heavily bruised, shes done a good job of staying off of it.

Offline Amber

« Reply #928 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09:45 PM »
Tended to Merkid who was running such a high fever that he was unresponsive.  Set him up in the medchamber with an i.v. of fluids, antibiotics and feverfew.  Got it to break while also lowering his temperature with cold clothes.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #929 on: June 11, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
tended to SoA tonight, reset two broken ribs and stitched up lacerations on the top of his head, the side and his jaw. hes been restricted to light duty for the next few days while he heals.

Terran reset Volunds nose and stitched a laceration in his Jaw, other various injuries like his bruised leg were not serious enough to be treated, he is however being held responsible for the damage done to the Medical wagon when he jumped out the window.