Author Topic: *grumble mutter bitch moan*  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
*grumble mutter bitch moan*
« on: August 02, 2005, 10:31:19 PM »
Alright.. time for a lil update. MOST of you know that for the last several weeks I've been... mmmm... less than totally coherent in Camp, and that this is because I've been on Skelaxin, which is a muscle relaxant.  I managed to bugger up my lower back fairly spectacularily apparently, and everytime it's starting to get better I accidenlty make it worse allover again.. the last time, was by WALKING.... JUST walking. SOOOO unfair.

I went to my doc a week after I hurt it, and she was fairly sure then that it was just strained muscles. I went back today, since my back is still hurting, and while she's still 98% certain that it IS just strained muscles, she wants to make sure... sooooo.. today I got to have back xrays done, and on the 11th I get to go have an MRI... she wants to make sure that I don't have a slipped disc or something since my tailbone hurts a fair bit of the time along with my back and my back HAS been hurting for 3 weeks.

So.. if I'm kidna out of itin Camp, its' cuz I'm on my happy pills, and if I'm a lil grouchy it's cuz the pain isn't bad enough yet to TAKE the happy pills. I'm trying not to be dependant on em yousee. So yeah.. please try to be patient with me... cuz I'm ready to bite something. I hate not being able to do things and feeling useless, and righ tnow, I'm not really supposed to be doing muchof anything and I HATE that. Depending on what the xrays and MRI show, I'll be looking at home physical therapy if it is just strained muscles... dunno WHAT is in store for me if it's more serious... so.. been a very frustrating time for me right now. Please be patient with me.  *sighs*

Kitya

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: *grumble mutter bitch moan*
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 11:13:13 PM »
hang in there sis. thoughts and prayers. :-* ;)

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 10:44:36 AM »
UPDATE: X-ray results are back and show  nothing more than a slight curviture to the spine... which is actually good news since the curviture used to be worse if I remember correctly.  So.. I THINK this rules out a slipped disc, but still waiting to see what the MRI says since that can look at muscles and tissue and stuffs.... But so far it's lookin like home PT for me, which I can do.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 11:02:53 AM »
time to find a swimming hole....

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 11:16:32 AM »
My neighbours have been saying all summer I can use theirs... I have a couple times, but I may not have a choice now.. *wrygrin*

Offline ice{LM/TD}

• innocent until proven... er...
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 12:51:39 PM »
Here's hoping... 'cause my xrays didn't show anything, but when i went in for the MRI it showed a "severely herniated disc" with lil bits of it floating around in the spinal canal, even i could see the bulge when the neurologist showed me the MRI pictures and they ruled out even trying to let it heal, straight to surgery. BUT i had pain in both legs to where i could not walk or stand and such at all (my legs would literally give out while i was walking through the store) so with any luck You'll come out just needing some more heal time. *crosses fingers*. Then again, the surgery wasn't terribly bad, overnight hospital stay and taking it easy for a while and i was able to feel the improvement in my back even as i was coming out of the anaesthetic.

Wishing for no pain real real soon!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 03:13:22 PM »
~hugs~

My ex had similar problems.  It took an MRI to discover that he had in face slipped his L1, L2 disks.  He had surgery, was out of the hospital in a couple of days, up walking, and was pain free.  He was not considered a good candidate but came through with flying colors (~mutters... dammit all...).....

..........................................................................................

even despite the fact I told him he had to be catheterized

..........................................................................................

by a male gay nurse

~wicked grins~

Offline just me

• March babies rule.....life is to precious to waste
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »
OMG bear, you are so baddddddddd, no wonder i loves ya BOL

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »
*dies laffing* Weeeeelllllll... a male nurse can cathadarize me..... as long as he's not gay.. *eg*

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 03:38:25 PM »
hehe...

well, ya don't have to be catheterized ....  but ... I had him believing it ....

even to the moment when the (VERY) (gay) (male) nurse came in with a cath kit and I said to him;  LOOK!  HERE HE IS NOW!!!!

but he cath'd the old guy in the other bed instead ...

Still.. ya should have seen him SWEAT!   

Oh... ~whispers~ and he squealed pretty too....

~coughs~  But that was small stuff... ask me someday about the button, the bar and the bike club.  hehehe.... I was reaaaaaaaaaaal bad that day...

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 08:06:41 PM »
*quirks my brow and leaves my Q on so you can tell me a story!!!*  ::)

oh.. how'd you like that link I sent ya?? *grin*

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 12:26:14 PM »
Alrighty.... had the MRI yesterday and got the results over the phone from my doc's office a few minutes ago. I do NOT, I repeat, NOT have any slipped discs... yaay!!!!! I DO have strained muscles and mild arthritis. Soooo... now I get to start doing those exercises that my doc gave me.

So I'm doin good.. haven't taken a pill in a week, yesterday was hard beacuse my back seized up during the MRI and since I wasn't allowed to move the pain just kept getting worse and worse. had to get help to sit up at the end cuz ithurt so much. But after sitting at home for a little bit with proper support on the couch the pain went away and so I didn't take a pill. I discovered last night tho, that sitting in a backless chair still kinda hurts after about 30 min. We went and shot some pool last night.. as a stress relief... *chuckles* and I only had 2 beers so I was a good lil girl.  For once.... *lol*

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 04:23:25 PM »
 :-\

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 10:13:24 PM »
~does a lil happy dance hearing the news~

will keep my fingers crossed that things will finally improve and Your able to be up terrorizing...ummm~angelic grin~ up and about...~nods lots~...yeah ...that's it...up and about...pain free soon Mistress~g~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine