Author Topic: *deep heavy sigh*  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
*deep heavy sigh*
« on: October 26, 2005, 08:34:37 PM »
I don't ask for help very often... and I don't ask for prayer... but I'm asking now. Many of you know that I don't have kids, but that I have two dogs and two cats. Those pets are my kids... my babies.  Well, one of them is sick... really sick. A lot of you have seen a picture of her.. she's the one I wear on my av occasionally.. the giani paperweight. My Reya.

Both Reya and her brother Pala were feeling under the weather last week. I thought they had a cold or something since it's the season for it. Pala did the "little lost puppydog" routine where he has to be with you 24/7 because he's  not feeling good. Reya did her typical response to not feeling good... she hid. She would only come out at night to get food and/or water. because of this, I could never really get a good look at her to see how she was really doing. After about 4 days Pala bounced back, and so I worried less, thinking that she was just a little slower... but after a week she still isn't better, so today she went to the vet. Now.. she hates our vet.. with a passion. The entire BUILDING hears her when he's looking at her. But today, all there was, was a halfhearted cry... only one. I think that worried him more than anything else he found.. which was plenty. She's lost 2 lbs, in a week... she's jaundiced so bad that her gums are pure yellow, and she's extremely listless. The GOOD news is that her red blood count is normal so she's trying to fight whatever it is she has. They have sent her bloodwork off and he'll be getting the results tomorrow, and he'll be calling me tolet me know. However, the things he's worried about are not a pretty list. FIV, feline Lukemia, FIP, and liver problems. He's given her a shot of cortizone, and I have pills I have to try to give her twice a day. Neither of us are giving up yet, but he did make me aware of the fact that many cats don't recover from the things on that list.

So please... pray for my Reya.. these two have never been apart and if she dies, Pala will be devestated... he's been lost the few times she's had to stay overnight at the vet's office to get her teeth cleaned. I will let everyone know what the results are when I know them tomorrow.

Kitya
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 03:37:59 PM by Kitya »

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
Re: *deep heavy sigh*
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 09:02:55 PM »
color 'em in my prayers..
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 12:27:05 AM »
done. *huggers*

Offline Claudia

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 08:12:29 AM »
*sends tight hugs*
Consider it done, Sis.  :-*
aka Savinella

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 09:17:43 AM »
I've lost two feline companions to feline leukemia, and there's nothing you can do about it but watch them fade away. -hugs you- I hope it's nothing like that for your kitties, hon!  Especially since feline leukemia is contagious (not like human leukemia). -just hugs and keeps yer kitties in my prayers-

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 01:27:44 PM »
so very sorry to hear of these babies bein so sick Mistress chanz will add extra prayers each nite for them an you...

**sendin hugs an good thoughts your way**
duckie rules

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:09:35 PM »
Ok... update. I have the proverbial good news and bad news.

the GOOD news... Reya does not have ANY of the things that I listed above. The BAD news is that she has something called Feline Panleukopenia.. here is the link I found explaining it. http://www.avma.org/communications/brochures/panleukopenia/panleukopenia_faq.asp
It is very similar to Parvo that dogs get. So.. this is not a good thing. Just like parvo, some cats get a mild case of it, like Pala did, and some cats get a really bad case.. like Reya has. Her white cell count is almost non-existant which means she has been trying to fight it and has used up all of her ability to fight. However, my vet, bless him, is not ready to give up. She has spent the day at the vet's office being fed fluids and antibiotics thru an IV. I go to pick her up in about 30 min, and he'll be sending more antibiotics home with her. Depending on how she has responded to this, will tell him if I need to take her to their other clinic over the weekend as this office totally shuts down fri,sat, and sun, with no one there. The other clinic is about 30 min away which is why he doesn't want ot send her there if we don't have to. Pala is also on antibiotics, just to make sure he doesn't regress and get worse.  Needless to say, he REALLY hates them.. thank god it's in fluid form.

So basically, we're in a "wait and see" pattern. I'm going to be spoiling them both rotten. I even bought canned cat food, which they don't ever get, but love, figuring that Reya will hopefully eat some of it, Pala as well.. since his appetite still hasn't come back fully altho he IS eating. I'm trying very hard not to get overly stressed about this, since I know that stressing isn't going to help. I'm trying not to dwell too much on the fact that she might die since crying isn't going to help any either. I've handed the whole mess over to God and I'm praying that she gets better. But if this is hertime to go, then I have to accept that as well.

So I'm apolgizing now in advance, if I'm kind of snappy in Camp, when I'm there. At least fri and sat night we have halloween parties to go to so I'll be able to get my mind off it those nights.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and prayers.. I really really appreciate it.

Kitya

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:18:06 PM »
will add You, the vet, and both Your babies to my prayers Mistress~
~leaving warm hugs~
~lure
 {AD}

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 02:19:05 PM »
Oh, shit, hon... I have a coupla furry family members myself. Your Reya is definitely in my prayers!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 02:51:22 PM »
Today's update... things are looking better. She has been cleaning herself a little bit, she has enough energy to bitch and fight us when it's medicine time, and she's not as jaundiced. She actually came out of Donnie's room today and came into the living room taking up her normal spot in front of the couch. She's still not strong enough to take a bath, so I got some of those pet wipes and wiped her down really good today. Her fur is still yellow, but at least she doesn't smell as much.

Baasically, I'm hoping she's over the worst and is on the road to recovery.

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 08:34:41 PM »
Ok.. first off.. I'm sorry I havent' been in Camp to help with migration a bunch... I've been dealing with a River of Tears of my own. I did go out friday and saturday nights, which was a relief.. just to get away and try to forget about my worries... but, Reya has regressed. She's not eating or drinking, and all she's doing is sleeping.. the only good thing is thatshe's sleeping in the living room and not hiding away in her cubbyhole. She won't even look at the canned food, which she normally loves. Sooo.. back to the vet for more IV's tomorrow.

Right now, I am so worried and stressed about her, I would only be a hindrance in what I know Ragnar is trying to make a very emotional migration. I tried being there thursday night and I couldn't handle it.. I kept falling apart in rt so I just let myself get timed out of the room. I'msorry I didn't say goodbye, but it looked like everyone was deep in rp and I did't want to disturb that.

For those wondering, there are other good signs.. she's fighting taking her meds.. which is good... she's less jaundiced.. about half what she was before.. so that's good.. but she's too lethargic, and I haven't seen her go anywhere near the water bowl. She's sleeping so much that she's stiff so she's limping when she does walk.. and that's not good either. I'll see what the vet has to say tomorrow I guess.

Anyway.. I'm not trying to avoid anyone or anyhting like that... and I love and miss you all.. I'm just majorly stressed out right now. I've reverted back to playing pirates so I can kill peoples.... *wrygrin* since some ST's won't let me take my frustrations out on them... *innocent look*

Kitya

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 06:22:53 PM »
I don't have good news. The vet is keeping her.. for several days. he'll be doing bloodwork, probably tomorrow, to see if she is even getting better, or if we're just keeping her stable. She's on an IV, and, this is either an indication of how sick she is, or how much she's craving attention, but the vet said she's actually letting him pet her, and is responding to the petting!

If it turns out that she is not getting better, then wednesday, or thursday, I'll be having to make the decision to put her to sleep...   :'( please keep her in your prayers.. and me too... because every time I think about this I start crying.

Kitya

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 03:36:39 PM »
The vet just called. Reya passed away in her sleep a few minutes ago. She was so worn out that she just couldn't fight anymore. I'm never going to have her nuzzle my neck ever again...  :'(

I'll be around when I can but right now.. I just lost one of my babies... not sure when I can be in Camp or anywhere...

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 03:55:53 PM »
Mistress i am so very sorry for your loss.. if any comfort may be gained from these words remember your baby will be playin an waitin for you when your time comes many years from now she feels no more pain an is still near by when you need her.. just look to your heart an you will feel her nuzzlin you close..

hugs

chanz..
duckie rules

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 04:09:39 PM »
~offering warm hugs and tissues~

am so sorry to hear of Your loss Mistress...

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine