Author Topic: Winter Migration Log  (Read 6065 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Winter Migration Log
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »
Entry Seven

Cassius

I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports!

Did I mention I hate reports?

It was difficult getting Tuchuk up and moving for travel. There seemed to be a very lackadaisical attitude regarding the entire matter. Finally Raziel, in his oh so soft spoken way got Tuchuk moving.

The rocky ground has beaten and jarred the wagons badly. Wheels, axles, and the bosk are facing even rougher times ahead if this continues. With overcast skies blocking the moons and stars, and the usual landmarks covered by blowing drifting snow navigation has been hit and miss. I am glad I am not leading Tuchuk or it is likely we would be blowing bubbles somewhere in the Thassa by now.

Ubar did not return to the wagons, but two of the ASKARI of the forward scouting patrol did. They reported losing one rider and mount over a dropoff alonga ridge where snow had drifted to the point the edge was hidden. Though not a high drop, it was enough for the rider to be rolled beneath his mount and killed. The kaiila had to be put down due to injury. As they were walking their mounts another found a sleen burrow the hard way. The sleen was killed, but the Warrior has been seriously mauled. Ubar chose to stop there and they tended the injured as best they could. Ubar will continue today at first light seeking the best route with two ASKARI while the others remain with the injured to meet and direct the wagons. They feared moving the injured in his present condition. Though not the best eating, the warm sleen kill did fill the Men's bellies and the remainder will tide over the kaiila until more suitable nourishment can be obtained. The kaiila put down was done with an arrow shot rather than risk further potential hazard. The dead ASKARI's body was recovered and is with those who remained behind. The ASKARI will assist in directing the wagons to where the party waits when the wagons move again.

It was reported to me two Warriors from the rear guard units engaged in an unarmed combat over something neither would divulge. Both were given additional duties since they seem to have so much energy. Even though altercations have been minimal, I begin to fear discipline may break down further under these conditions. I myself am exhausted, cold, and irritable. I would not hesitate to fight over something ridiculous if I were not a Commander and required to set an example. I can imagine how the Warriors in the ranks feel.

I am thankful for the slaves that take care of our needs, as well as the support of Women who render kindness when needed and tough love when necessary. Both are invaluable.

I know a few wonder why we continue traversing this rocky ground. There are three areas of this type of terrain in this approximate area. Which one Tuchuk is in is not immediately known. One lays to the North of Turia, the second, which I believe we are currently in is Northeast of Turia and is in the general direction we need to go, and the third would be North by Northwest of where our summering camp was located and leads to mostly deep gullies and ground wagons cannot travel. The only way to know will be to get through it, or get our bearings should the skies clear. To go back would condemn Tuchuk. To wait would condemn. So we forge ahead.

The advantage to this windswept ground is the bosk are able to graze upon grass among the rocks. The wind keeps the snow cleared away pretty well. Though we have rocks, we do not have the deep snow that wets our feet and legs and freezes our extremeties. Dry means some warmth. Wet means freezing and potential death.

I strongly recommend making sure access to spare wheels, tongues, and yokes is available. Keep the wagon toolboxes free of ice and snow. Access to these may mean the difference between life and death.

ORDERS...

Tend and care for the stock closely when able to see during the day. Te bosk can use a good brushing/rubbing to spread their natural oils through their coats to more efficiently ward off the elements.

Dung wagons will make the rounds. Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences. We have a good supply, but not an inexhaustible supply of dried dung.

Check hands, feet, and noses closely for any sign of frostbite. If frostbite is found, seek out a Healer for treatment.

An oil and grease wagon will make the rounds through the wagons to ensure each wagon has axle grease. Those who still have their own stock should use it before taking from the general stores. Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences.

I have cleared five more bosk for food from the herd to be used as needed.

The teams may graze wild from the visible grasses around the rocky ground. It is not abundant, but will suffice and will extend our stores.

Milk the bosk and verr to be used as needed.

Continue to double up to sleep and for warmth.

Maintain discipline!

Continue with Ubar's General Orders.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »
Entry Eight

Cassius

I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports!I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports! I hate reports!

Did I mention I REALLY hate reports?

I don't really know where to start. I have heard earth slaves speak of a place called hell. If such a place exists, it must be here and now with ice and cold instead of flames and brimstone.

There were accidents making the transition from rocky ground to icy ground. Exact number are not yet available, though one death has been confirmed. A Hunters Clan member named Bastian was run over by the clan wagon wheel and died in Sarant's arms. He died well. He was prepared and burned upon a makeshift pyre mid morning. This seems to have affected Sarant greatly. Bastian had no immediate family. His wishes were made known that upon his death Sarant was to receive his property. His small wagon and four bosk and contents awaits her claiming. All property intact save for his finest attire and his finest weapons. They went to endless sky with him.

Several bosk have been injured due to rocks and ice. Several are badly bruised up and have joint injuries that hopefully will heal. Six that I am aware of were put down due to irreparable injury. These were turned over to the butcher clan by their owners where they can serve the entire camp as best as possible. The hides and horns were returned to the owners and the hooves went to the Glue Makers. Their gold nose rings were also returned.

There were a few kaiila injuries reported, nothing time will not cure. Mostly cut pads and broken/split claws. They will need tending but should heal fine.

No wagons were lost, but many have repairs underway.

Since the wagons failed to reach the ASKARI left on the plains ahead, I dispatched a wagon with five Outriders and a Healer To locate them and remain there rendering medical treatment and providing shelter and heat until we join up. I also ordered a half leg of bosk be sent along, as if they were still alive they will need the stew and protein of good red meat. The ASKARI sent back led the way. I hope they reached them before they passed on.

The Point Guard was relieved and those returning reported the ice was about a pasang or less before we hit snow again. I know I will be happy to reach snow again after the rocks and ice.

I have discovered something about myself. I am at home in battle. I know what to do. But there is little I can really do to battle nature and emerge victorious. I think the most I can hope for is survival of enough of Tuchuk to continue our way of life. I don't always know what to do, but it seems I must act as though I do in order to lead. That seems to go far in the morale and discipline areas. I may lose confidence in myself, but I can never afford to allow others to lose confidence in me. Now I understand why Ubar and other ranking Commanders look so weary and spent during and after migrations. This is a terrible weight to bear. I am glad I will never be Ubar. I know my limitations.

Morale is waining and the breakdown of discipline is becoming more noticeable. A fight broke out in a wagon because a Warrior coughing awakened another. Normally there may have been a grunt of dissatisfaction and then all would go back to sleep. Not this time. The Warrior has been sent to the med wagon to be treated for the cough and to get a quiva wound to his left upper arm sewn up. I have assigned the victor additional duties for the altercation.

Tuchuk was even harder to get moving than before. Even Raziel had trouble motivating with his normal methods.

The bosk are back to being grass and grain fed from our stores.

Much of the spice used for cooking is gone. The pepper left must be saved for medical use.

ORDERS...

Tend and care for the stock closely when able to see during the day. The bosk can use a good brushing/rubbing to spread their natural oils through their coats to more efficiently ward off the elements.

Go over the wagons well for damage and repair as best as possible.

Dung wagons will NOT make the rounds. Rations of fuel will be done on foot. Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences. We have a good supply, but not an inexhaustible supply of dried dung.

Check hands, feet, and noses closely for any sign of frostbite. If frostbite is found, seek out a Healer for treatment.

An oil and grease wagon will NOT make the rounds through the wagons to ensure each wagon has axle grease. This must be done on foot due to conditions. Those who still have their own stock should use it before taking from the general stores. Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences.

Maintain discipline!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »
Entry Nine

Soong

Casualties and injuries sustained both to people and to stock. Healers reports will be added as turned in.

All bosk that died have been turned over for food. Nothing is to be wasted. All other stock deaths are not to be wasted. These can be used to feed the kaiila and sleen.

Word has reached me of the worst casualties. An amputation in the field performed by Taryn. No further information.

The ASKARI and wagon have been reached. Merci was the first render aid and is in charge of those inside that wagon until relieved or assisted by a Healer. Bodies have been recovered and are on the wagon platform covered for the time being. Kiah is assisting Merci. I received word the Healer with them can no longer feel her toes. The ASKARI are in bad shape but are being warmed and slowly being fed broth before any solid food is given. At the time of this report there is the Healer and four ASKARI survivors.

Sarant and Merci doled out stew and water to many Outriders while on the move. All must remember that when the commissary wagons are packed and moving, those Warriors without Women or slaves have none to cook or tend their needs. If you can spare a bowl of stew or some drinking water, it will be appreciated by these Warriors. Meat is available for the asking, but cooking takes time these Warriors do not have while in the saddle.

The wagons are once again in deep snow up to the average axle. The wind seems to have eased up and drifting is minimal. Temperatures are still extremely cold.

It seems the rocky route chosen was the correct route after all. Kudos to Ubar and Commander Raziel for their navigation skills and educated assumptions.

Ubar has once again ridden forward to scout the best possible route.

COMMENDATIONS

Taryn for her medical actions in the field under extreme circumstances.

Sarant for rendering aid to so many Warriors in need.

Merci for rendering aid with Sarant to said Warriors, as well as rendering aid to the ASKARI when no Healer was available.

Kiah for assisting Merci in rendering said aid to the ASKARI.

ORDERS...

Tend and care for the stock closely when able to see during the day. The bosk can use a good brushing/rubbing to spread their natural oils through their coats to more efficiently ward off the elements.

Dung wagons will make the rounds.Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences. We have a good supply, but not an inexhaustible supply of dried dung.

An oil and grease wagon will make the rounds through the wagons to ensure each wagon has axle grease. Those who still have their own stock should use it before taking from the general stores. Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences.

Maintain discipline!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:23:49 PM by RAGNAR »

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 06:01:06 PM »
**Report by Taryn**

Having gotten an ahn or two of sleep after making sure that the Warrior I had brought to the surgical wagon after having to amputate his hand and partial wrist was comfortable and not in pain. He survived the removal and move from the outside into the inside of the wagon he was helping well, his vitals are still strong and I believe he will heal, though his mental status might be something to keep an eye on.

I had to remove the warriors hand from the wheel and brake assembly of the front wagons, it was my first time doing such, but I had seen it done a couple of times before, and took what I had learned and put it into motion and it seems that I did well, though time will tell. I plan on staying with him in the surgical wagon, as tonight I am going to check the wound and stump and see if the skin has relaxed any, if it has, then I will set up to pull more of the skin over the stump, though I don't expect to have this process finished for another 3 or 4 days.

I have started an IV with saline solution as well as adding antibiotics to the mixture to keep anything that might have gotten in while he waited for my arrival and the time it took for the hand to be removed and to get to the wagon to sew it up. The bleeding has mostly stopped, though this morning I had to go in and repair another vein that the stitching I did didn't stay, and caused leakage of blood from that area, but I was quickly on it and got it sutured up again and so far nothing has leaked and no blood has come from the site since then.

I am gathering a few supplies that I will need in the surgical wagon, then heading back to tend to the warrior, outrider and woman. I do have a bit of good news during this migration, the outrider's woman was told that she is indeed pregnant and they should expect their bundle of joy in 7 to 8 months from now. They are both in good spirits, and the Outrider only lost half of his index, middle, and ring fingers, but his pinky and thumb are still in tact, his woman lost her ring and pinky fingers, but this news came at the right time.

**End Report**

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
----Report by Mercilayne----

I was the first to reach the ASKARI and the Healer on the plains that had been stranded during migration.  All of them were suffering from severe frostbite as well as hypothermia and dehydration.  Unfortunately all but 4 ASKARI and the Healer were lost.  The Healer could no longer feel her toes and was suffering from frostbite on her hands as well.  I found the medical kit under the driver's seat of the wagon and laid a very very light coating of Agrimony/Blue Grass healing salve on their hands and feet to relieve the pain that they were in.  All said it worked well.  I did not put it on the Healer's feet, but instead had a thrall heat some water to a temperatur that was comfortable on bare skin, not too hot, and had the Healer submerge her feet into a bowl of it for approximately 25-30 ehns before taking them out.  It seemed to help some.

The medical kit from the wagon is intact and I have only used from it a little of the salve.  I have also brought the kit from under the seat of my own wagon to use for now, hopefully it will not be needed.

So far no Healer is avaible to take over care of the worst of the ASKARI and I will continue to do the best that I can. 

Carrigan came into the wagon as well and gave some extra hides for warmth, it is much appreciated!!  I am checking often to ensure that the ASKARI in the wagon are warm as well as hydrated and the frostbite is not worsening on any of them.  For tonight, they all have full bellies and a warm wagon.

----End Report----

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 03:35:51 PM »
Entry Ten

Soong

Before the wagons began to move, Cassius returned from the pointGuard and reported a serious winter storm front moving across our path. I called an available Oraluman meeting and it was decided there was less risk in remaining in place than there was moving on into the storm.

I ordered an entire large bosk slaughtered for each camp area to be roasted and good red meat served. Broth and stew was made available for those unable to hold red meat. Bosk and verr were milked and this was also handed out until the quantity run dry. Dung and oil was passed around as well as a full ration of bundled grass and grain. Kaiila and sleen dined on innards of the slaughtered bosk.

All Stock Tendered were busy with stock injuries and ailments. No losses have been reported as yet. Large wagons and small alike opened their flaps to Warriors without family or slaves to tend them. At first light those Warriors returned to duty and those who stood duty during the night took their places.

Strong winds hammered the wagons and caused drifting, but we managed to avoid any new accumulation of snow.

Do see medical reports for additional information.

Ubar and an Or riding far ahead scouting have yet to return. They were expected to rejoin the wagons about midday. With the wagons remaining in place, it is my hope it is just taking them longer to rejoin us.

Dig out drifting snow interfering with Tuchuk moving out. Make ready to move when the word is given.

ORDERS...

Dung wagons will make the rounds.Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences. We have a good supply, but not an inexhaustible supply of dried dung.

Milk the bosk and verr to be used as needed. With decreased food consumption this supply is growing less each day.

Maintain discipline!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 05:09:24 PM »
Entry Eleven

Cassius

Too tired to even hate reports.

Just as Tuchuk was ready to move out, Tomar was gored by a bosk seriously bad. I know Tuchuk as a whole is more important than any one Tuchuk, but I took it upon myself to hold the wagons until he was stabalised and moved into the med wagon.

Once moving, Tuchuk made good time and a good distance. The depth of snow lessened and it seems to be a bit warmer. The snow packs and seems more wet. This neccesitates cleaning of wheels more often but I take it as a sign we are making a slow transition to warmer weather.

Nothing more to report at this time.

ORDERS...

Milk the bosk and verr to be used as needed. With decreased food consumption this supply is growing less each day.

Maintain discipline!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
**Healer Report**

Right before the wagons began moving again last night, a yell was heard for a healer, and Taryn who was on her way to relieve Merci and whomever might be sitting with the ASKARI and the healer during the last day or two, she instead headed to the shout, when she arrived she saw that Tomar was injured. Taryn, Merci and kiah worked together to get him stabilized, as Cassius was holding the wagons in place until Tomar was taken to the medical wagon. Soon Boris and Dimitri were told to bring the stretcher to where the injured Outrider was, and shortly after they arrived, they got Tomar up onto the stretcher with helping hands of other Outriders who had gathered about the area to watch and hope for word on the young man.

As soon as Tomar was brought into the medical wagon, Taryn had Merci stay and help her with the treatment and surgery of her son, they worked on him until the wagons stopped again for the night. Taryn had sent kiah to get some much needed rest, when she noticed that kiah was a bit unsteady on her feet and slightly pale, she as I write this is still asleep in the back of the wagon, on the bed/cot next to Taryn, who is also asleep, Merci wasn't far behind.

I have asked Boris and Dimitri to bring the ASKARI and healer to the medical wagon, where they can get more care and be closer to the supplies. I will let Taryn know that they have been moved here, and that I have been tending to them since their arrival. I have been keeping an eye on not only them, but also Tomar and a few others who have been brought in for various injuries from broken bones to frostnip. Tomar slept well, and was complaining that he should be with his group, not lazing about the medical wagon when the cot could be used for someone more injured, I did explain to him that he was badly injured and came close to dying last night, he either listened to me, or felt the exhaustion wash over him, because he fell back onto the pillows that were propping him up and fell back to sleep. He did tell me he was in pain and I gave him a small dose of valerian, as well as changed his IV and gave him another injection of antibiotics.

There is still plenty of stew in the medical wagons, as well as Taryn's wagon, though all there is meat and water, the spices long gone now, but it's still hot and nutritious for any who might be hungry. I also have buckets of verr and bosk milk making their rounds early this afternoon to the wagons, as this is also a needed source of nutrients and will help keep the strength up of those in the wagons and those patrolling.

~Leticia looks over the report as her eyes close for a moment, she opens them and rolls up the parchment and heads out of the medical wagon to see if she can find either Cassius or another Commander to give this report to~

**End Report**

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 10:09:33 PM »
Entry Twelve

Cassius

I do not know how much longer I can remain in the saddle. I am exhausted, suffering weight loss, every part of my body screams in pain except my hair and teeth. I know I am not the only Warrior feeling this way. I wish Ubar would return to offer guidance. Commander Soong should have had the duty, but he was just not able to rise from his sleep and function. His Woman is tending him but if he is no better by norning she will call for a Healer.

The wagons covered a good deal of ground. The snow is getting less and less. We did encounter a very wet snowfall.... almost a slush, but there was no accumulation to speak of. Just enough to soak us to our skin and make the going miserable once again.

If Ubar does not return by midday, I intend to send an Or out to try and locate him.

ORDERS...

Maintain discipline!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »
Entry Thirteen

Soong

Temperature is warming and the snow is lessening. Ubar returned and has given navigation changes to get on course. He is sleeping on his wagon platform and is not to be disturbed unless Tuchuk comes under attack or his wagon is burning down.

The bosk and verr have grazed all day and are less ill tempered than before. Since they were free grazing they were given half ration of grain while the vulo and tarsk were given a full ration plus a half. 100 large bosk were culled and slaughtered for food an the innards fed to the kaiila and sleen. It was not abundant, but it seemed to satisfy their hunger for the time being.

Cassius was stood down for a duty shift by Raziel and was ordered to the med wagon. Further info pending Healer report.

One death due to old age... more info pending report.

Additional repairs made to wagons while stopped. Once we make our wintering lands and resupply at The Point more permanent repairs will be necessary.

Another Kassar body was recovered along the route after a kaiila too a taste of it. It is on the medical freight wagon platform wrapped until we reach ground suitable for pyre. We cannot spare the fuel at this stage for individual pyres for losses. All bodies will be collected until they can be sent to Endless Sky in a group.

The wagons will continue on their journey as soon as made ready. We are able to cover ground much faster without deep snow slowing us down.

ORDERS...

Tend and care for the stock closely when able to see during the day.

Dung wagons will make the rounds.Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences.

Maintain discipline!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »
**Healer Report by Taryn**

Had a son bring in his ancient father to the medical wagon after he had collapsed, while they were getting their wagon set up for the night to allow their bosk team to graze the grass beneath the light dusting of snow. By the time he was able to get his father to the medical wagon it was too late. It was his time to go, as he gave his entire life to Tuchuk, it was now time for him to watch over Tuchuk from the great blue skies above.

100 Bosk were culled out of the herd to be killed and the meat given to those of the wagons to eat tonight. I also had an order go out that the slaves and thralls in camp collars were to be given meat to eat as well, as they need to keep their strength up for the upcoming days, as well as spoke to a few of the privately owned slaves' owners asking them to also include their slaves and thralls in the meal this night of fresh meat. Merci, Sarant and Leda were working to pass out slabs of meat to the wagons so that everyone might be able to have some protein added to their diet tonight. The remaining meat will be put to the stew tomorrow, and will be available to any and all who wish to have a bowl or two. There is no spices or seasoning left, but I am going to add a couple of thick bones with the marrow which will add more flavor than just adding water and nothing else.

Cassius was brought into the medical wagon by Boris when he heard an odd sound come from outside the flap of the wagon, when he looked out he saw the form of one of the Commanders. He and Dimitri went into action, they brought him safely into the wagon, and to the attention of a healer. I have been told that Cassius is resting comfortably, an IV has been started as he's not only dehydrated, but also malnourished, though this is becoming the normal, with only bosk and water for stew and a few of the Outriders are eating what is left of the jerky, again, that is also just about gone. Leticia saw to Cassius' healing, though I have been told that he will more than likely return himself to duty once he has gotten sleep in him and some fluids.

Tomar is healing well, he has been allowed to drink broth, though he believes he's ready to start eating solid food already, but he has been told in no uncertain terms will he be eating solid food for another day or two. I have given him my rules to what will lead to him to being able to do such, and I have this feeling that if either I or another healer doesn't do exactly as I said would happen if he does as said, he will remove himself from the medical wagon and return to his unit. I hope it doesn't come down to forcing him to stay until he's healed enough to return to his unit, but he's stubborn like his mother and father, so anything can happen.

The Warrior who lost his hand in wagon wheel incident is healing well, there is some phantom pain where his hand used to be, but he is handling each new thing as it comes. His spirits are high and he's looking forward to going onto the next step, to see if he will be allowed to return to his unit or not. Though in his mind, he has set himself to being able to return, and I am not one to deny that this will happen, as that is not my place to say in the end. He has been granted to eat solid food, and tonight he will share fresh bosk steaks with those of the surgical wagon.

The Outrider and his woman will be released to my wagon tomorrow night, as their wagon is still in need of repairs and at this time can not return to it until such is done, they have agreed to stay in my wagon and help out where they can during their stay. I have an elderly woman who is going to teach his companion how to knit a blanket for their baby, and she will also give her some advice about raising children, as she is a bit scared of being a mother, as she is just my daughter, Tanna's age, though I have a feeling that she's going to be a wonderful mother.

The ASKARI and healer who were brought to the medical wagon last night are doing better, though the healer hasn't been able to gain any feeling in her toes, they are no longer white and the blisters have stopped forming. The next few days will tell the story of what her future holds. The ASKARI are in better spirits, and I have been told they too are faring better. Though I have not seen to them myself, and I only got a passing update on their conditions tonight, I will be checking in on them during my duty in the surgical and medical wagons tonight and give a full update when I am able to do so.

I have had 2 bosk taken from those which was brought to the medical wagon of the inner circle and taken out to the rear medical wagon, as well as taking one of the clansmen of the butcher's clan with the Or of Outriders, so they can use one of the bosk to make another batch of stew, which they have run out of. The other bosk will be killed, innards and guts will be given to the sleen and kaiila out there, and the meat will be cooked up for those living among the rear wagons, the hooves, horns, and bone will be brought back and given to the respective clans to use them to make glue, buttons, and other things for the Tuchuk camp.

**End Report**

Offline Terran

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 09:46:38 PM »
Entry Fourteen

Terran

Ubar is still resting. We didnt have a battle and his wagon wasnt on fire, so we didnt bother him.

Cassius is suffering from malnutrition and exhaustion, he is recovering nicely in the Med Wagon.

Tonight everyone got ready in a much quicker faction that before and we moved out a little earlier than expected. We moved on from the light snow-covered grounds only to find ourselves on half frozen land...it beats travelling through snow though. We made alot of ground cover, travelling bust over 110 pasang. If we keep up this pace, we should reach the River of Tears within three days. The temperature is just barely above freezing at this point, but atleast its getting warmer.

Thralls will be assigned to shovel out the verr, vulo, and tark wagons. Now that the weather is above freezing, the waste is going to begin to thaw and no one wants to smell that. Now that we have reached grasses, the dried grass we have bundled can be used to brush the bosk and kailla to help their coats and some can be put down in the aforementioned wagons once they have been shovelled.

Not long into our journey, a slushy rain began to fall. This made travelling a bit more difficult than just the ice alone. The slush/rain began to pool on the already frozen ground, turning the land into a half-mud/half-frozen mess. Though, on the up side, we managed to gather the rain to replenish our water supplies.

Another 100 bosk will be slaughtered and cooked. We will need our strength kept up for when/if the ground turns to mud. The innards are to be fed to the sleen, some can be offered to the kailla but it may not be required. The Butchers can slaughter and cut in the med wagon so Sarant and the Hunters can assist with the handing out of rations.

Full rations were given for the vulo and tarsk. The bosk and verr were able to graze off the land, so no rations were given to them.

I ask that the Women assist in the drying of clothing for the Warriors without Women or Slaves. A double ration of dung will have to be handed out to dry clothing and cook, and to take the the wet chill from the air. Ice-cold rain in this situation is worse than the snow we were dealing with previously.

ORDERS...

Dung wagons will make the rounds.Take only what you will need. Anyone taking more than necessary will face serious consequences.

Make sure to make the wheel boards accessible. If the ground thaws we will have to place them under the wheels or the wagons will sink and be stuck.

Maintain discipline!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:55:21 PM by Terran »
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one just some are louder than others.

Offline Terran

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 09:17:49 PM »
Entry Fifteen

Terran

The wagons were ready and moving just after sunset tonight. Even though it was raining and still cold, it seems as though everyone decided it was time to stop screwing around and get a move on. The ground was still frozen, though the top soil was a bit less firm due to the rain we were dealing with. Though with the continuing rain, brought a storm with it so we didnt make as much ground as we hoped to cover. The mud and rain hindered our movements.

The hooves and paws of the animals, as well as the wheels and axels of the wagons, will have to be cleaned and taken care of regularly. The grease could be wiped off of the axels by the mud and the build-up on the wheels could cause undo stress. It was the same issue we had with the snow. We did our best while moving to clear the wheels, but we had to stop to get the job done.

The wheel boards were used to get us moving once again, we will have to travel without making camp tonight to make up the time we lost trying to get everything back in order from the mud.

Keeping ourselves hydrated is key. No additional bosk were butchered, there was no time to dedicate to cooking. We will have to make due with the rations we have available. Drink plenty of water, we have plenty thanks to the rain we have been getting.

Full rations were given for the vulo and tarsk. The bosk and verr were able to graze off the land, so no rations were given to them.

I ask that the Women assist in the drying of clothing for the Warriors without Women or Slaves. A double ration of dung will have to be handed out to dry clothing and cook, and to take the the wet chill from the air. Ice-cold rain in this situation is worse than the snow we were dealing with previously.

ORDERS...

Make sure to make the wheel boards accessible. Due to the mud we will need to utilize them in order to keep the wagons from getting stuck.

Maintain discipline!

Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one just some are louder than others.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 05:00:19 PM »
Entry Sixteen

RAGNAR

The weather has warmed enoughed to be rid of the heavy winter clothing. The rain has ceased though the ground is still soft and muddy.

Tuchuk is halted looking up at the high ground overlooking the RoT. Kassar Units occupy the high ground. After a brief skirmish last night their intentions do not seem peaceful. Healer's report to be attached.

Tuchuk must travel the high ground due to unpassable areas East and West of the ground. The wagons would never make it.

Tuchuk has been on high alert and all Warriors have been at their assigned positions all night. Food was made available and was served to the Warriors.

(For role play purposes, role play will begin with it being morning tonight.)

Maintain discipline as well as general orders for good weather migration.

ORDERS...

Tend and care for the stock closely when able to see.

Make sure to make the wheel boards accessible. Due to the mud we will need to utilize them in order to keep the wagons from getting stuck.

Maintain discipline!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »
**Healer Report**

With the weather having turned warmer, the threat of frostbite and any cold weather injuries have fallen drastically. Though we have stew cooking in the wagon here and in the one further toward the rear wagons, we will still keep broth going for those who are still only on a liquid diet and for anyone who might wish to drink that along with water and milk that is available.

Injury reports from last night are mostly arrow wounds, two outriders were brought in after Cassius with arrow wounds in their leg and shoulder. They were tended to by Leticia who took the shift after Taryn went to see that orders of bosk distribution were done. Both of the men are resting comfortably and should be able to return to duty in three days.

Cassius was brought in by Malefic, Boris, Dimitri and george by stretcher. Taryn, Malefic and Sarant worked to remove the barbed arrow which went through his chest and into his left lung. They were able to remove the arrow with little to no trouble, and the arrow tip was complete. The lung has re-inflated and he was stitched back up, and a bottle of antibiotics were added to the IV already in place. Taryn left orders for Cassius to receive a dose of valerian every 4 ahns to keep him comfortable and also to keep him from moving around too much. Sarant took the duty of first watch over him last night, and Leticia relieved her to get some sleep.

Tomar was released from the medical wagon tonight, by Taryn, and allowed to return to duty. His wound is healing well and the stitches should be able to be removed tomorrow night.

Orders from Taryn for the distribution of the freshly killed bosk, was that all Warriors, Outriders and ASKARI were to be allowed two servings of bosk steak. Everyone else, would only be allowed one serving, if they were still hungry, there was bosk stew to eat.

**End Report**