Author Topic: Updating my Gorean Site  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
Updating my Gorean Site
« on: February 24, 2007, 11:50:12 AM »
I was going to take down my Gorean site for many reasons. 

One involved space.  But, my server just gave me a whopping additional amount of space, so now that's not a problem.

The second involved motivation.  However, in the past couple of months, I've received emails from sites asking permission to link, along with urgings to finish the remaining pages I had yet to upload live.

About midway in my reworking of my pages, I looked at them and thought, "I'm not happy with the way they were looking ..." and began working on new ideas.

So, between the overly critical eye of mine and the requests I've been receiving, I have come up with a design I'm quite happy with.  Less graphics-intensive, I can concentrate on the content of each page.  Oh, there will be pages where I will have pictures of things to help the roleplayer "see" Gor (i.e., photos of actual kylix, kantharos, et al).   

But no more of the graphics that are simply not needed.

I downloaded all my old files, tucked them away in an archive to store with my other archives, and wiped my server of everything Gor.

Now, I'm starting to re-load my Gorean pages and offer some additional features that my old pages didn't have, such as a search option.  I'm working on loading up and making live first those pages that are more often hit by readers for information.   The encyclopedia is up, although by far not completed, along with the roleplaying guide that I've had many send me thanks for, and a few other of the main pages.  Within the next couple of weeks, much more of the site will be available again. 

Enjoy!

www.moonproductions.com/Fantasy/Gor/

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
Re: Updating my Gorean Site
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
Looks Fantastic!

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Ayelen

• MoonProductions
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 03:25:30 PM »
Thank You! :D

I muchly appreciate the feedback.

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »
haven't had a chance to check it out but remember your last one well.. used it lots... lookin forward to seein this new one.. cause i know its awsome even with out seein it..

duckie rules

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:28 PM »
I LIKE!!!

Offline Arlon

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 04:17:52 PM »
Simply..... awesome.

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:32:24 PM »
dang...it is amazing hon!!!!
didnt think it was possible...but you out did yourself

oh...and thank you...again...for the generous sharing of your knowledge with all of us~snugs~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Ayelen

• MoonProductions
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 04:10:17 PM »
~KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~  Thank You my Cherished :D

Thank you little ducky terror ~squishes and bear lix~

~snugs up to lure coz i heard she had ALL the chocolate~   i amaze myself sometimes.  ~lol~  and you're most welcome ... and thank YOU too! ~bear lix~

Okay ...

Well, now i have those pages that i'm still working on at least set up on the pages with "this page is under construction" so y'all don't get the Error 404's anymore.   Well, hopefully i didn't miss any.  i'm suffering a major case of blurred vision and carpal tunnel flare-up  .... but it keeps me busy and somewhat resting like i'm s'posed to be doing ...

Forgive any typos you find... i proofread nearly everyday i go on and find a space missing or an "i" not dotted or .. something...

Offline Ayelen

• MoonProductions
An Update on my Gorean Site
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that a lot of new information has been added to my pages.  For example, I have a section on slave speech in the "Matter of Speaking" roleplay tips section. 

Additionally, I have at least 50-70 percent of the pages up and running now.  Oy, what a lot of work. 

I've also gotten a few messages asking about the Search feature. 

No, you can't search my site yet!  :(     Right now, the search feature only works for searching the internet.  However, once I've gotten my pages all finished, I'll be doing a site index and then setting up a search features for my pages alone. 

Once all that is done, I've got to remind myself of why I should be happy with what I have and not try to re-invent the wheel all over again.  ~lol~ TOOO darn much work.  But it's fun and relaxing.  It serves an inner purpose too, which mostly is to give me motivation to climb out of the box and returning; something I'm still having difficulty with, finding that fire again.

Anyway... please be patient with boo-boos.  I'm still finding a few here and there. 

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 07:13:16 PM »
~snugs ya up, and slips you some chocolate~

just...wow :)

~lure

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine