Author Topic: Women of and in Tuchuk  (Read 4893 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Women of and in Tuchuk
« on: December 11, 2005, 08:00:40 AM »
please explain this quote in your own words and how it relates to your rp.

"I know of no prouder, more self-reliant, more magnificent creature than the free Gorean, male or female: they are often touchy, and viciously tempered, but they are seldom petty or small: moreover they do not hate and fear their bodies or their instincts; when they restrain themselves it is a victory over titanic forces; not the consequence of a slow metabolism; but sometimes they do not restrain themselves; they do not assume that their instincts and blood are enemies and spies, saboteurs in the house of themselves; they know them and welcome them as part of their persons; they are as little suspicious of them as the cat of its cruelty, or the lion of its hunger; their desire for vengeance, their will to speak out and defend themselves, their lust, they regard as intrinsically and gloriously a portion of themselves as their thinking or their hearing. Many Earth moralities make people little; the object of Gorean morality, for all its faults, is to make people free and great. These objectives are quite different it is clear to see."
Marauders page 8

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Women of and in Tuchuk
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 09:35:10 AM »
A Free Gorean is like an animal, going off of their instincts, their need for survival.  Like animals they do not fear death, as it is the next step in a great adventure.  A doorway into another world free of pain.  They fight for what they know is right, they fight for their lives with every ounce of breath in them, until there is no more strength to fight.  Like all animals they can be affectionate, ruthless, cunning, loving and loyal all within the same breath.  It is only their will of free-thinking that keeps them from being vicious when the time is not right, barely restraining their flaring tempers for a better good.  They are not afraid of themselves, much less anyone else.  Though men and women are not equal in their freedoms, the Free of Gor are thousands times more free than people of Earth in the way that they live their lives, because there is no fear.

In relation to rp, well, I have a temper, and it flares quite often.  I am touchy, barely restrained, and when I do restrain myself, it takes monumental effort not to knock someone flat for angering me.  Amber fears nothing, except the feel of steel around her neck, and that tends to curb her tongue and her actions a bit more than just lashing out at anyone and anything when she begins to feel enraged.  She will defend her home and family until the very last ounce of strength fades from her body, or until her last breath passes, so in most aspects of my rp, Amber is like a wild animal, going off of instinct and fearing the cold clasp of captivity.

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »
The quote says to Me....not to fear your more baser emotions....to embrace them....to relish in the freedom of being able to express them....be You a Free Male or Female....it is inherently understood in the Gorean culture...and accepted as part of such....to try and bury such...emotions and instincts is to bury a large part of Ones Self....but...to also know that there are right times and places...and wrong times and places to show certain aspects of said instincs and emotions.

In regards to My Own r/p.....Muse is Muse.....She is strong becuase She tends to show Her emotions.....She doens;t hide Her softer side ....but relishes in it....kindess and tenderness are not weaknesses...they are strengths.....don;t get Me wrong....I have a temper....but...it takes a lot for Me to loose it......but when I do...it;s always for a damn good reason.....and well...it's usually ends up rather...violent....I am not afraid to show My emotions.....Personally...I don;t think I shoudl have to hide them....if I'm not accepted for who and what I am....well then Who cares?...I liek My snuggles...whether it's with a slave or a Sister or a Brother or Someone a bit more...closer....doesn;t matter to Me....and if Any want to argue that with Me.....They would find Me ready and willing to fight tooth and nail for My rights to show My own emotions in My own ways....as is My right.... as an FW.....I am....Who I am....

LM

Karanis

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 08:57:40 PM »
One must do what must be done.  No more difficult, no more simple.  Fire, passion, cruelty, reservedness, mercy, mediation, meditation, acclimation, feelings of love, desire, need, mercy, condolence, arbitrary acts of kindness, arbitrary acts of cruelty, the brain capacity to live on the plains and contribute to the entire camp no matter how petty or small, because in the big picture, One may be small, or One may be large, but ALL make a difference, it is up to you, and your character, and what you wish to do with your character and how you want your character to grow.....

in short.........JUST DO IT.

You are responsible solely for yourself, you and your actions are all that you have control of, the more you attempt to control others, the less control you will in fact have.......gain control of what you feel, and why, be aware of what puts you into situations that may cause static or finite feelings, and react and control those...........you have no control over others, those others choose to or not to follow.

Kar chooses to set an example of unexpected behavior, but never fear, that what needs to get done............WILL GET DONE.

That's the way it always has been, that is the way it is now, and that is the way it wiill continue to be in Kar's world till She takes Her last breath......and beyond.

It takes a strong Woman to move a wagon, but it takes a Woman of Strength to get the entire column to move across the plains and help Her F/family to the winter or summer grounds.

Much love, and strength to My Sisters of Strength, and to My Strong Sisters, I wish You the patience and fortitude to become Women of Strength.

Kar.

Vala

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 01:11:56 PM »
Free Goreans, at heart love peace. They wish life above death, but do not fear death. I pray they carry honor in all actions. When they belong to a home, that home comes first. A FW of the Wagons, is hot tempered at times, but giving and compassionate at other times. She is not lazy, All must have the strength to help the camp grow and survive. One must put aside petty differences , for the good of the home and the Family within it.   A FW has a mind, and thoughts and more often then not shares those things with People around Her, but One can hope She also knows when to be silently strong.A FW should be there for Her Family at all times, offering advice when asked,and helping a Younger Sister along the way. We are Women first and foremost, We give life, We nurture, We defend when need be. Can You not see Her, standing proudly , watching over Her Family, working hard along side Her Sisters and Brothers, can You not see the loss She feels when Family is taken away... Each FW is different in many ways.. But We are all Female and Free...

As for Vala... Well Vala is Who She is.. Making no excuses for Her actions, She is strong of mind and body. Yes She can be distant at times, seeking Her solitude but that doesnt mean She is ignoring Her Family, She fights to hold on to Her inner peace. Vala is full of life, passion, even arrogance and anger at times. She controls Her emotions of the softer nature, for She sees Herself as being weak if they show to much. Does this mean She cares for Her Family less, no it does not. She speaks Her mind, and trys with every ounce to watch the tone in which She speaks so none are hurt by Her words. Does She always accomplish this no. Vala trys very hard to be a good Sister and proper FW, well as proper as She can be anyway.Vala would die for Her home and Family, She feels a great joy with the skills She possess.  Does She have fears.. well, yes, but not of the collar, cage or even death. What She fears most is losing the compassion an Ubar saw in Her long ago, and in the end the Panther emerging which would place Her alone once more in the vastness of gor.

Offline Sati

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 01:17:51 PM »
PROUD, SELF-RELIANT and MAGNIFICENT ......That certainly describes Satiara, I do my best to rp her with these key words in mind. I don't always translate her so well for others, but in my mind she is crystal clear, a very intensely strong woman with an innocence that most people unfortunately, do NOT get , but of course I will not stop playing her this way because a majority of people don't get it..too bad for them.

I adore this character Ive created for this online fantasy world, she is alot like I am rt, I give her my witty sarcastic sense of humor, which also doesn't always translate for some, she is flirtatious because she doesn't know any better, being a virgin and thinking the " act " is just to terribly disgusting to ever entertain thoughts of actually " doing it "  This is described as frigid by many Goreans , but Satiara is far to flirtatious to be considered frigid, but She will forever remain a virgin with no need of a Man to survive, she can more then take care of herself and anyone around her. Having people close is just a bonus for Sati, and should you decide to fuck with someone she loves ..PKs have mercy on your soul, she can be vicious and has been with a blink of an eye.

She does not trust easily and of all those on Gor, male slaves are the bottom of the food chain for Sati, she does not trust them, they are of no concern to her and she would be just as happy if they didn't exist. She admires female slaves immensely, but would never be one, slaves are beautiful and deserve a lot of credit Sati does not believe slave women to be below her at all, but merely takes advantage of the differences, if a woman chooses to play a slave here then I shall treat her as such at My whim, that does not mean I do not adore the slaves, I just like the game to be played properly..if I snap at or am standoffish to, or down right mean, it is most likely because I am role playing what I think fits best for the situation. The main reason I don't wish to play a slave is.. Men are too much a factor in a slaves life and Satiara is far to independent to ever rely on a man for anything ,much less emotional uplifting !

She is not afraid to go toe to toe with a Warrior or a Larl in battle , but let a sleen or a herlit for instance come after her, you will find her hiding under the nearest wagon. She loves chocolate and can be talked into nearly anything in exchange for this sweet treat, Like I said an innocence that marks her life in many ways.

She can be very kind but for those that mistake her kindness for weakness, she is over them , done, finito. She has been courted by a few very strong Gorean Men, but when it came down to the wire, she fled terrified, mostly of the infamous " wedding night " YUCK There were those in her past that thought she would look good in a collar, most quickly changed their minds and since have become very good friends with the likes of Sati. I am proud of this character, she has been around and survived online for 8 plus years now, same character, if she were to ever get killed or collared I would simply walk away from Gor, this is my time, I will play it the way that keeps Me having fun here period.

I do look up to quite a few Men in this realm, I will not mention names because that is just a down right shitty thing to do, always leaving someone out and feelings get hurt, But those Men I give the highest respect to, I listen to them , even though I might complain about it, I take advice from them, and I admire them greatly, most of you would be surprised to see who these Men are for me.  I love fun and playing around, but can turn serious in a flash should the role play call for it

I will continue to rp Sati as the strong, proud, magnificent, self-reliant creature Ive created and I hope some of you at least get it some of the time. But don't ever get me twisted, this is fantasy for Me, no more then an intense game of backgammon really and if this offends some, oh well, I do not look down on you for taking it all so seriously ! One more thing, Some also think I disregard rules here, that is the most ridiculous notion of all, I follow the rules of Gor very well thank you, I just test them a lot, I like to see what I can get away with and what I cant, and this usually involves the Free Men of Gor, lets just call it the Sati test to see who makes the list and who doesn't. Face it , not all men on Gor would have had the blind respect of all the worlds Free Women, and I'm not about to hand it out like yesterdays gruel.

Stay strong Sisters and keep those heads held high !
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:31:02 PM by Sati »
Sati

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Karanis

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 11:02:25 PM »
My Dearest Sati Sis.......Your answer made Me chuckle.....a few times.......because I really did see Your Character goin in and havin a fit, and having a few thralls here and there hanging by your hand against the wagon, dangling a whip knife in the other.............gawwdds those were the days *snickers*...........anyway, You spoke of O/ones You respect........and I wished to not make this a popularity contest, but an honest thank You, to You, for what You have taught Me,,....whether it be mimicking You and the antics that We steal from each Other, or NOT doing something You did, and vice versa *chuckles*

I just wanted You to know that forever and a day, no matter what dumb ass drama gets thrown at mtc, I will always be here for you........you were here for me at times others werent, or I didnt let them anyway........and others got different times that you may have not.............but all in all......

You My Dear Dear Sister, My JJGirl, will always be near and dear to Me in heart, You're a peach, and rock your character up and down the camp field and back again! keep it up Woman! You are LOVED!

*MWAH*

Karanababy

Offline Marylynn

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 04:33:58 AM »
Marylynn is self-reliant and if she has a fault its pride and stubbornness. She survived the down fall of her birth place and the struggles for control in that City. She couldn't fight her way out of a rance paper sack but she knows the ways of a City FW to defend herself.  To hate or be petty is not in her experience if there is a problem deal with it Right there and Right now and move on.

On all of Gor she loves but One, and that is with her whole heart body and soul there is no conflict in that. He rode out of the desert and claimed her, she never hunted him nor would she do such a thing. What she gives him is her love, her trust and her promise to stand by him in all he decides. He is her One and she adores this Man of the sands. The greatest of gift he bistowed on her was he believed in her what more could one ever ask.

Mary knows where her place is and keeps it there no matter what. How to explain that is hard but then the Ubar never asks easy questions. She has the strength do what ever is needed. Some would say a City FW is weak but I am not I have made horrible decisions and I know it.

Mary fears nothing but one thing and that is to be alone out there with no place to call Home or without Family that cares what happens to her. She was brought to the Plains by her Mate and she hungers to learn everything about this place she is in. They say the plains are harsh but she knows that the Cities can be cruel as well being harsh is much differant then cruel.

(and she doesn't waddle *stamps her foot*)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 04:37:21 AM by Marylynn »

Offline Sati

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 06:16:11 AM »
My BESTEST Partner in crime, My Closest Sister Kar,

Well your words mean more then I will ever let on in a roleplay situation, *winks* And you can bet your sweet ass I have been blessed with inspiration from you as well. You have always ROCKED in my book and I know when I see Kar in camp, its gonna be fun fun fun ! Our characters are a lot alike and I know we would be absolutely joined at the hip in real life should we ever have the pleasure of living that close to each other *hugs* ROCK on My AWSOME SISTA ! You too are loved from the deepest depths of my soul and I will never forget all the trouble and antics we have created in MTC, and how good they made me feel when I needed uplifting most !

There is a bond women share that men aren't allowed to come between no matter what,it doesn't happen often and it doesn't happen with all women,  not all women can do this because we are mean, vicious, sniping, sneaky, underhanded creatures and most times it is against each other, but when it does happen it is incredibly strong..when you find that woman that mirrors your feelings and you actually let her in...she gets you, and you get her, this bond is formed , I have this with you, and I am grateful.
Sati

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Offline Kitria

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 07:16:29 AM »
Kitria- (kit-tree-a) proper noun - a woman of opposites: kind and ruthless, understanding and unyielding, shy and impish, sedate and fun-loving....the list goes on and on.

However, there are a few none opposites: Loyalty, Honor, Trust, and Truth. These are steadfast and never waiver...ever.

Kitria keeps herself guessing what she will do next..say nothing about letting other people around her keep guessing. This provides much amusement for herself, as well as O/others. She tries to take most things in stride and sees humor in a lot of things. (Much like the person behind her.) If she makes one person smile during her stay, she is happy.  And yes, she might do some silly things or say things to accomplish that smile.  She is the first to laugh at herself..so go ahead and laugh with her. But make no mistake there is a core to Kitria that is hard.  She isn't easily ruffled (in Tuchuk), but once she is, you do not want to be on the other side.

Kitria is often wistful for the old days, as is common in older people.Her two black swords are still sharpened regularly, even though they don't get to zing in the air.  Her small black shield is now but an ornament on her wall. Her  prowess in the pit and raids are nothing but wonderful memories.  Then again, this might be a good thing. An aged, wrinkled old woman hefting two swords is quite the mental picture. (yes, you can chuckle here with me) A bow,  several quiva, frying pans, occasionally a broom, or a bucket of water are now the weapons of this old woman.You would be surprised at the inventivness of this woman. Do you remember the metal meat hangars on the wagons? If not, I will  have a story to tell some night.

In all these things, being a Free Woman for so many years without being killed or collared is a feat unto itself.As being a Tuchuk Free Woman? Are you kidding? There is no other kind out there! Stong, self-reliant,
dedicated to family and survival.  Kitria just adds a little humor in there to make it fun along the way.

Offline Amantha

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 03:14:56 PM »
Amantha is proof that Tuchuk's come in all forms. the overly Feminine One, that would rather smell pretty then smell like bosk dung, who People think doesn't like getting a nail broken, but in truth is self reliant, hard working, and a survivor, and would fight til My last breath for Family.

Geuss at times too feminine, but being a Perfumer kinds of lends it to that behavior..I would rather wear long leather skirts with leather boots then the riding pants ..  But can still enjoy a good raunchy conversation..

Offline Geona

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 06:52:33 AM »
What this quote says to Me is there are many different sides to each Gorean, FM and FW alike.   Speaking of course from a FW point of view, that WE contol what emotions are felt by Ourselves, not others. That no matter what We are doing, our best foot is forward, we think before reacting, cherishing the fact that we have that Freedom, Our words we chose wisely, Our walk is with grace.  We live, rather than exist. We give of Ourselves rather than take from others chershing all life, as much as Our own.  We do not fear who We are.. We relish the fact that  We are FW... proud and strong.  Our basic strength is not of a physical nature but of a mental and spiritual one.   We are not frumps, We are intelligent, calculating, hard when needed and  soft when needed. The fact that we can see the need for one or the other setting Us apart.  We know that life is not black and white, and step to the gray with dignity and elegance.

As far as My char, She is quiet , a calm.. a reserved FW. She speaks when she truly has something to say rather than voice to hear her self talk. She knows who She is... and what She is, her pride  always equal to Her love.  When She hurts shes not afraid to cry, when shes happy she laughs without holding back. Shes passionate, Shes tender, She will roll in the dirt so to speak to protect what She loves, as when she loves she loves from the heart and isnt afraid to say I love You.. as I feel thats how Goreans are.. strong in thier convictions, strong in thier love of others and of life.  Every aspect of Her is shown in Her eyes and left there for anyone willing to look to see.  Gorean Free feared not themselves or how they were understood.. they Lived ... they Loved.. they cherished everything around them. They celebrated life.. and met death with Honour.  Honour Family and Love have  no order of importance, they were each equal and part of the other to Her.
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone …"