Author Topic: What cool stuff have you found recently?  (Read 3212 times)

Offline zandra

• GO PACK GO!!!
What cool stuff have you found recently?
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:10:34 PM »
i am wondering, what cool stuff have you found at goodwill, or any kind of thrift store, half-price books, garage sale, or ebay?

i bought a bunch of stuff tonight from a half-price book store... i got RECORDS... Billy Joel - 52nd Street, The Best of Carly Simon, The GoldFinger Movie Soundtrack (and it has pictures on the back of Sean Connery when he was young and HOT), Madonna - Like a Virgin, Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison, and Elton John - Greatest Hits. These were all for 50 cents a piece except the GoldFinger one and Johnny Cash one, which were a buck a piece. i don't even own a record player yet, but i'm going to try and find one now! i also picked up Fighting Slave of Gor for 5 bucks :) now i own the first 15 in that series.

i also got my current cell phone on ebay for $27 something, which INCLUDED shipping. it was not new, but i didn't care. it works just fine. the same phone, brand new on the original company's website advertised it for $50 plus shipping. i'll stop at that because i've bought all sorts of stuff on ebay :)
zandra~{CM-2g}

you have to LOVE your team... no matter what!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: What cool stuff have you found recently?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:36:38 AM »
Computer tower, CD rack, Computer scanner.... all moving sale leftovers for free.  :)

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »
I love Goodwill. We also have Plato's Closet that buys and sells teen clothes and accessories. My daughter and I are the Queens of bargain shopping. Since we live in a college town it is possible to find new designer purses and clothing with the original store tags on them for sale at Plato's Closet for under $50.00. Sorority/college girls want money for spring break and anything can be found. some of our finds are (originals and not knockoffs) are: True Religion jeans, 2 Coach purses, Fendi clutch, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and a Dooney & Bourke wallet. My daughter also found a lot of things for her new apartment. LOL...I think Goodwill is one of her favorite stores.

But my best deal of all came from Goodwill.....and being an Antique dealer at one time I couldn't wait to get out of Goodwill and have my treasure appraised.
I paid $5.00 each for 2 original Currier and Ives Print one is valued at over $5000.00!!!!!! I have never found another deal like that one, but I always look and keep my fingers crossed.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »
PARTY AT HIPPIE'S!!!

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
You go, girl!  Way ta' shop!
 :)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline spi brat

• †spiorad†
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
I found my most prized possession at a used book store..volume of Sir walter scotts complete works ..printed date..1891....which I paid a whole $20 for.
“Die Wunden des Geistes heilen, ohne dass Narben bleiben"..."The wounds of the spirit heal and leave no scars.”

Offline zandra

• GO PACK GO!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »
Hippie... i've heard of Plato's Closet. there are several in Minnesota, including the city i used to live in. if i ever won the lottery, i'd have a whole closet dedicated to purses and shoes :)
zandra~{CM-2g}

Offline Wyndon Soulstar

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 11:45:49 PM »
It wasn't at a thrift store, but I found out I still have an active account on these forums. Does that count? ;)

Offline zandra

• GO PACK GO!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:21 PM »
*squeals with delight and POUNCES YOU... cause she hasn't heard from You in years *S*

it doesn't really count, but that's ok. i'm happy to see You!
zandra~{CM-2g}

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »
I will agree with you zandra.....I love shoes and purses and you can never have too many!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.