Author Topic: William's Troublesome Trip  (Read 9643 times)

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
William's Troublesome Trip
« on: September 05, 2005, 08:07:19 AM »
Here is a planned RP to add more excitement to MacLaaran.

RT, I will be away from MacLaaran for a couple of weeks and attending a Renaissance fair. Thought this would be good to RP something happening to William that required searches and difficult recovery of an injured William.  Time line to consider:

Sept. 9th, William leaves for Port Endinburgh for supplies requested by Damiana, Kyle and Serenity.
Sept 12th, Concerns that William nay heard from and the port is nay that far away... start searches.
Sept 13th, Someone remembers that William was considering creating a new and more direct route between.
Sept 16th, Damiana gets lost in Her searching for William as She tries to follow a gut feeling.

The rest of the timeline will be determined by RT and interaction of all involved.
Remember, once William is found, will take a few days to figure out how to recover Him safely.
End result: William under the care of His Love, Herbalist Damiana, and back in MacLaaran near Sept 26th.

Feel free to add your own twists and fun to this interactive RP including Y/yer own failed search efforts, descriptions of regular path searches, messengers with various vague reports, having troubles in camps or dusk travels, hearing voices, etc. Use your imagination.
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
Re: William's Troublesome Trip
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 08:22:35 AM »
Williams log: September 4th
Kyle requested a barrel each of the 6 common sizes of nails and a calculated six wagon loads of iron for His carriage Shoppe.
Serenity requested a bolt of Italian Silk.
As a matter of routine, William also chose to check for uncommon herbs for Damiana; some printing supplies for Praegorn; and specialty wines and ales for Tristham and Gray.
William made His plans to depart MacLaaran for Port Edinburgh on Sept 7th while looking over maps o the terrain in the library, checking for a possible shorter route to the port.  Very few knew of this idea for an alternate route.
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 08:48:01 AM »
Sept. 5th found William sketching several different possible routes through the rugged terrain of which He pocketed two He wished to try. The other three were set aside with the original maps in the library for future reference.
Later that day, William was putting together all the supplies He needed for His trip and prepared a message to Port Edinburgh with the following message:

To Mine trusted Friend and Harbor Master, Sullivan

I will be making a personal trip to pick up supplies for MacLaaran.  Please have in ready seven 4-team wagons and two extra horses.  Supplies include:
     A barrel each of the six common sizes o nails
     Six wagon loads o various iron for a carriage shoppe
     Printers ink and commonly needed supplies
     A barrel each of the five commonly requested imported ales.
     10 crates of a variety bottled fine imported wines. Be sure three are of the north country's finest rose wine.

Please check the incomming merchant ships for a few bolts of Italian silk.  I will look over the bolts upon arrival.

The messenger will give Ye fair payment.  As always, Tis a pleasure working with Ye.  Will see Ye in a few days.

William Taillur
MacLaaran Castle

The message was then closed and sealed.  Payment with the message was given to a trusted messenger. After ensuring the messenger was fed and supplied with his needs, the messenger was sent on his way.

Offline the bug

• Mead wench!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
((*grumbles somewhat about ren faires and inaccuracy and such things*))
Hey, I've been turned into a cow...  May I be excused?

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 07:53:13 PM »
(( perhaps not accurate as you see it .. bug.. or is it cow... *chuckles at your quote line* .. and closer than a few other fairs I could attend.. LOL ))

Offline the bug

• Mead wench!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 05:45:06 AM »
((Just have to give you grief.  You know that.  The whole SCAdian/ren faire attendee 'war' and all...))

Offline Damiana

• Iberian Vixen
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 06:40:15 PM »
I rose early to double checking Wiliam's personal pack, making sure he has everything. Then sticking a note in his bag to find later. A wee love note. Satified the pack has everything, I make him breakfast and wake him from his slumber. Soaking in his facial features, afraid I wilt forget them. (Not LIkely) Soon he is ready to leave. With a Passionate kiss and a pat on the rump I send him off on his latest tour of merchanting. Giving that last wave before letting myne eyes cloud up with tears. I miss him already. [/size]
I dance to the beat of a different drummer....can ye name that tune?

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 06:56:06 PM »
On September 8th a messenger arrived in MacLaaran asking what might have happened to William, since he still hasn't arrived in Edinburgh. Dami said Will acturally left early and should have been there by now.

I said that Will had told me he was going to try a different route, shorter and faster he hoped. It's possible that he's still making his way there and it's only been three days, so I wasn't too worried. However, to ease Dami's mind, I asked Tris to send two guards to try and follow Will's trail. This might not be easy since Will didn't leave Me a map indicating the path he was taking.

Hopefully, we'll receive word of his arrival so we can call off the search.

Kyle

Offline Lunar Shadows

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 08:02:24 PM »
Sitting in a big chair in the library finishing some of the stories of previous Story Nights that I had missed, I get up to return the book I had and to get another.  As I pass a table I notice a book of maps laying on it, picking it up to return it to it's proper spot, I notice a few pieces of parchment fall to the floor, picking them and looking at them, I can tell they are in William's handwriting.  Hoping that it may help in his search and lessen Dami's worries some I rush them to Sir Kyle right away.
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 08:44:29 PM »
As I journey out, I refer to Mine first chosen map and set Mine sites toward a valley with promise o being shorter.  I find the direction nay easy with the brush and hidden steep sides o the valley. 

The first night, I find a comfortable place to rest, open Mine pack and find the note from Dami.  Smiling and after a bite of prepared dinner, settles into dreamland for the night with Dami's note in Mine hand.

The next morning, I set Mine sights on a narrow valley between two close mountain peaks.  Upon reaching the pass between the peaks about mid morning, I smile seeing Port Endinburgh closer that I expected. Then in Mine haste down the mountain, I slip... map and Dami's note flying from Mine hand.. Mine walking stick slides and lodges in a nearby bush about 20 feet down.. and I slide another 80 feet down.. bouncing around the various rocks and trees and shrubs.

Very sore in definitely more than one spot, and yet thankful I was still alive.. though strangely ... unable to move more than a few feet in any direction without sliding farther down the very narrow canyon.  Mine only hope now was for someone could find Me... and I wast in such a hurry to leave.. I had forgotten to leave copies o Mine selected maps with anyone else.

The next two days were spent trying to recover from the fall and taking inventory of what I had to survive with.... and discovering Mine ankles swelling.  Bruises and scrapes covered much of Mine body.  Mine pack had protected Mine back... more or less.. and at least, I had Mine supplies to carry Me through a few days.

(( bug.. you jeallous??? not to mention... the theme of that weekend avoids war... LOL nay SCAnt are the thoughts of that faire being closer to MacLaaran theme... than what Ye wanted Me t attend... ))

Offline the bug

• Mead wench!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 06:37:13 AM »
((Nope.  Not jealous.  i just have to wait for a couple more weeks to go to the next event.  Then the weekend after that, then two weekends after than, then...  *L*))

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 11:04:59 AM »
Saturday moring I find the maps that Luna found in the library. I wake Tris up, give him the maps and ask him to send out two more guards with the maps to help the first two. They can split up and each group of two follow each map.

Still no word from Edinburgh.

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 07:55:54 PM »
Praegorn frowned, wondering where the paper supplies William had promised were. The 12 of September was nigh and nae a single word had he heard.    He was aware that supplies were somewhat unsteady normally, as MacLaaran was hardly a Rome like center of civilization, but t'was nae like William to be so errant with his deliveries from what Praegorn had noticed from previous experiences.

Blowing out a breath as he finished a thought, Praegorn decided to shutter the Herald for the time being, and gave Caitlin a small holiday, since the older man had worked hard to keep the Herald from staggering.  Meanwhile, with the idle time, perhaps, Prae thought, he could seek out Dami and see what, if anything, she hast heard of William.

((Buggie..let's nae bash Ren faires.  I go to a couple or more a year and for those just wanting a merry ole time, but without a wish to dedicate themselves to the accuracy of things....they are nae a bad thing at all.  Now granted..I've ideas of perhaps dallying with the SCA someday...but for the now, I just like a guid time for a weekend. ~grins~))
Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline the bug

• Mead wench!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 04:33:17 AM »
((Not really bashing.  i got my start in ren faires years ago, after all.  More good-natured jabs here and there.  ;)  No worries dear.))

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 05:09:44 PM »
Nay waiting any longer for William, Port Endinburgh sent the requested supplies off to MacLaaran with concerns that William nay showed at the port.   They also asked if William had returned to MacLaaran.

Among the supplies delivered were:
 For Kyle, a barrel each of the 6 common sizes of nails and six wagon loads of iron near breaking point for His carriage Shoppe.
 For Serenity, three bolts of Italian Silk to choose one, or pay more and take all three.
 For Damiana, three large sachels of  uncommon herbs for Damiana.
 For Praegorn, a full months supply of assorted printing supplies.
 For Tristham and Gray, half a dozen crates of specialty wines and eight barrels of region specific specialty ales.

After completing business and getting a full nights rest at MacLaaran, they returned to Port Endinburgh.

((( now zipping over to William.. *G*  )))

Last few day saw William running out of supplies and thankful for the occasional rain that gave Him something to drink.
Proping Himself up at the root of a bush gave William some comfort and security. The straps of His pack kept Him from falling down farther.
The third day, William made efforts to slowly climb the steep bank of the canyon only to slide back down to where He started.
On the fourth day, William started tossing small rocks up the embankment to stirr up the birds who occassionally circled overhead. This not only caused a noise, it also gave needed activity to Williams arms...something besides proping Himself up and bracing to maintain location.

Reflecting on the maps, realizing the two maps chosen were but a mile north of the normally used longer path .... and the maps left behind reflected path possibilities about half mile south of the normally used path.   In each case, the proposed paths were not only shorter, but more dangerous until cleared and a few bridges put in place.  So much for short cuts... LOL

The fifth day found more rain.  The fall season was apparently trying to arrive just a little early.  Now muddy and tired, William tried again to climb the steep incline.  This time veering slightly left of His earlier efforts, He found a small cave covered by shrubs.  Here He was able to relax and rest easier, though more out of sight of any seeking Him.... except those birds.   They must be waiting dinner time...