Author Topic: Coming Hame  (Read 16634 times)

Offline cyn

Coming Hame
« on: October 06, 2006, 07:30:15 PM »
Squints 'er eyes against the bright afternoon sun tha swaying a creaking of tha rickety ole wagon shakin 'er frae 'er slumber...leanin up on 'er elbows trying t' git 'er bearings straight 'er 'eid still a wee bit muddle frae t' many spirits ..turnin 'er 'eid t' tha left an winces at tha canvas of two cladly dressed women standin near tha thames ...giggles an thinks she will 'ang it ore tha mantle next t' tha old guy thas missing hangin in tha library .... plucking a piece of straw frae 'er toused 'air an grins 'as she sees tha grounds of MacLaaran come inta view ....sittin up an nudgin M'Lady wi' 'er toe ...Wake UP! ...were 'ame ....

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
Re: Coming Hame
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 07:44:59 PM »
*Sits up with a startle as the nudge digs into her side, looking around suddenly, putting her hands to both sides of her face to stop the world from spinning....the wine seems to have made the earth tilted ever so slightly....as her vision corrects itself she sees cyn, smiling brightly, pointing outside of the wagon....raising herself a bit she follows cyn's interest and beholds a wonderful sight...HOME.  At last, back to MacLaaran and the farm they love so well....She grabs cyn, hugging her tightly as they both fall back upon the straw....*  We made it cyn....we're home...
"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires,
and a touch that never hurts."
~Charles Dickens~

Offline cyn

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 07:58:57 PM »
laffin spittin straw oot of 'er mouth she scrambles to 'er knees as tha wagon ambles doon tha path smilin at the beautiful flowers gracin tha shop doors wavin at tha village merchants breathes in tha sweet smell of 'eather looking anxiously t' where O/our 'ame is ...frowns an draws 'er brow in as we round tha bend an tha weeds are high ...jolts an rocks forward frae an unmaintained pothole in tha dirt path ....grabs M'Lady's arm an drags 'er t' tha edge of tha wagon ...pointing at whit appears t' be an ore grown grassy brushy weedy like mound with a droopin wooden patched roof .......Tha couldnae be it M'Lady .....nearly falls oot of the wagon as it lurches t' a stop an a barrel shaped Mon stinking of dirty socks spits on tha foot board an tells us t' git oot .....grabbin 'er pack an scoochin oot of tha wagon jist stands on tha side of tha road mouth agape ...then jist starts t' giggle ...were W/we gone tha lang?

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 08:07:54 PM »
*taking in the sites of the village, smiling as we pass the familiar shops....attempting to pin back pieces of hair as they fly out of their clasp over every bump we cross, quickly forgetting my mission as cyn pulls my arm, allowing blonde curls to fall over my shoulders.... laughing as I toss the pins in my bag...turning my attention back to cyn, noticing the deep frown upon her face...once again following her gaze, my own jaw falling open at the view.  What once was our beautiful home, full of flowers and herbs, cyn's beautiful garden, our cozy cottage... now stood amidst a forest of weeds, a sorry shack and a few remnants of our flowerbed.  Glancing from cyn to our home, back to cyn....raising a hand to my mouth to cover a soft chuckle....we must have forgotten to pay the rent...*wiggling my eyebrows at her as I chuckle loudly*....
~Charles Dickens~

Offline cyn

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:17:08 PM »
Jist giggles an nods....welp ...draggin You by tha 'and and trudging through whit once was a pebbled path ...there no place like 'ame ....carelessly kicking away weeds an trash tha 'ave compiled alang tha path an commin t' tha door ...turns an looks ore my shoulder jist excited t' be 'ame ...cyn cannae wait t' clean up things an git up t' tha castle ....she's still talking t' you as she reaches fer where tha door 'andle used t' be wi' her key an makes contact with wood instead accidently pushing against it ...she jumps back wi' a wimper as tha whole door falls in with a huge cloud of dust 'er eyes go wide an 'er mouth forms a perfect "O" as tha dust settles ...she jist giggles an turns to 'er friend 'oldin up 'er key ...cyn dun ken we will need these anymore ......

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 08:26:17 PM »
*Graciously following you as you lead me through the mini-forest of what used to be our humble abode...listening intently as you talk of weeding, making new bed linens, curtains....stumbling as the high weeds pull my skirt back making it difficult to walk....nodding in agreement and excitment as we reach the door...watching as you lean forward to unlock it....jumping back with a startle as the entire wood casing collapses in front of us...laughing out loud as the dust cloud settles over you....taking the key from your hand as I walk past you, scooping your arm in mine...."You were saying love.." ....chuckling as we step inside*...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 08:29:24 PM by AlexisRose »
~Charles Dickens~

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 06:28:25 PM »
*Handing the clerk a few coins for the beautiful linens I've just purchased, thanking her kindly for her hard work, before scooping them into my arms and stepping out into the village.  Walking slowly, taking in the busy sights and sounds of the shops....chuckling softly as a chicken or two stops me in my tracks, reminding me exactly who's road I'm traveling.....hugging the linens close to me for warmth as I near the edge of the village....making my way through nearly waist high weeds to the repaired front door of the cottage cyn and I share.  Stopping just in front of the home we've put so much of our hearts into, sighing softly as I glance about...wondering where cyn has been for such a long time, stuffing the worry down deep inside, reminding myself she's very capable of handling any situation she may be in, as I enter our home.  Pushing a strand of curls away from my cheek as I place the linens on a small wooden table, looking about the place with a smile....I begin the task of hanging my new linens over the bare windows, using small pieces of rope to tie them to the sides.  Stopping when I've finished to inspect my work, muttering softly to myself "Not bad at all M'Lady"....Looking to the castle through the newly framed window....sadness grabbing me for a moment, before looking away....deciding a warm fire would do me well for the evening, heading outside to gather some wood....knowing it will be a chilly night ahead...and a very lonely one at that."
~Charles Dickens~

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »
*Sweeping the last of the cobwebs and dust out the front door...resting the stick handle of the broom against the wall as I step outside behind the cloud of dirtiness....walking around the cottage to the neatly piled sticks, enjoying the clean air as I grab a bundle and head back in toward the fire....with the fire nice and warm, the windows covered, everything dusted and swept, the scent of fresh herbs and spices floating through the air the cottage is feeling more like home everyday....my thoughts again turn to cyn, and what could have possibly happened that has kept her away for so long....I quiet the pounding of my heart with a hot cup of tea....moving the beautifully constructed wooden rocking chair near the fire, rocking slowly as I watch the flames flicker....my thoughts drifting in many different directions...when....something moves!  I see...."something"....move stealthily across the floor....My Rocking ceases, I'm terrified to turn and fully view what's in the cottage with me....finally after much assurance from my inner voice, I count to three and turn my whole body in the direction of "the shadow" only to spy a HUGE black rat.....screaming wasn't an option as my vocal chords were completely restricted, there was no airflow.....I stare...in horror...at this HUGE, ugly, fat black rat...that seems to be smiling at me.....I'm sure it is.......When my paralysis ends, and I'm finally able to take breaths in short rapid patterns, I become angry...my eyes dart madly around the cottage, I quickly spy the wooden broom I had placed by the door earlier...A WEAPON...Yes, but how do I reach it....*MY inner voice screams madly*...I breath, quickly.....Standing slowly I watch the beast, he's busy inspecting the corner of my cottage, no doubt looking for all of the crumbs I just swept out the door.....I softly, almost as if floating,  cross the cottage floor, wrapping my fingers around the wooden handle, slowly grabbing the lower end with my other hand...........it's then that my inner, terried, screaming, horror filled, Lady is set free....I run toward the beast, screaming and yelling, on my own divine war path....striking the floor next to him, behind him....he bolts....straight across the floor, around the table, my broom bristles following him closely.....he sees the exit and seems to speed up as he nears it, eventually shooting through the smallest of holes where the wall meets the floor....my broom quickly slaps over the hole, as do several books, a large bucket of water and my trunk....collapsing on the floor after pushing the massive trunk in front of the hole....whispering softly to myself...."and you're NOT welcome back"....sliding to the floor as I contemplate protectors....cats, dogs...and well trained man....
~Charles Dickens~

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
*Thanking the burly man as I place a few coins in his hand, the repairs to the cottage look great and have made my home "rat proof", he's assured me.....closing the door behind him, I busy myself finishing a few chores before company arrives.  Finding a pot big enough to accomodate a meal for two, I go about chopping fresh herbs and vegetables to place within....carrying it to the fire to simmer, I turn my attention to setting the table....spreading a fresh clean linen over the hard wood....retrieving settings for two, placing a loaf of bread,  fresh from the baker,  in the middle of the table along with a candle....stepping back to inspect my work, nodding with a smile.  I head for my trunk to see what I can find to wear for the evening, choosing a soft, simple dress and wrap...pulling my curls back in a pin.  Glancing out a window facing the castle as I head to put a kettle on the fire as well....a cup of warm tea would be divine.  Taking a seat in the sturdy chair near the fire as I check on the stew and await the sound of a knock...*
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:50 PM »
.It had been ages since my travels had allowed me to come back here...the home I loved so well....My stted knew the way better than I did and i was near asleep when I came alert as soon as I smelled something that seemd to be a home cooked meal.

..I dismounted and carefully approached the cabin that showed signs of severe neglect...but it had smoke coming from the chimney and I hadn't had a regular meal in weeks.

...In order to save my hide from an angry farmer..,mercy knows there were enough of em on my trail,I began to whistle a soft tune,announcing my presence...hopint that whomever was inside would be kind enough to offer a weary Lord a bite to eat.

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »
*My rocking ceases as I hear the faintest of noises, leaning forward slightly to listen...is that....yes, it has to be.....he's whistling.  Chuckling to myself as I rise from the chair, setting my cup of tea on the table, heading towards the front door....cracking it slightly as I hear the whistling getting louder, his form appearing just outside the darkness......opening the door a tad wider as I smile at the approaching man....looking so handsome, and tired*...."You found me.."....*waving for him to come in out of the cold*....*Leaning up to kiss his cheek as he enters, gently closing the door behind him, shrugging up at him with a smile upon my face*..."I hope you're hungry"....
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 07:03:09 PM »
......A more pleasant sight could not have met my eyes as the door opened and I was greeted by a vision of loveliness and not some farmer with a long memory.....feeling a warm smile form on my face I stepped inside and embraced the Lady with a warm hug..

....Pausing momentarily before I reply...and finally answering her question.."Aye M'Lady..This Lord is hungry for food and your gracious company as well."

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »
*Returning your warm hug, smiling up at you as I turn and offer you a chair*...Have a seat, you look tired.  *Pulling a chair out for you as I grab a rag and head towards the fire, opening the lid to stir the stew a bit, raising a spoonful to my lips, tasting it, washing the flavors around in my mouth, nodding gently at it's pleasing warmth.  Gathering the bowls as I go about filling them with the hearty meal....placing one in front of you, filling your cup with the best bourbon I could find in the village....smiling as I do.  Finally taking a seat across from you, smiling softly*...Shall we?
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 03:41:59 PM »
...I had stood there watching with a gentle smile on my face as she fussed with the cooking....oddly feeling so comfortable and at ease....holding out her chair for her and then taking my own..taking her hands in mine and saying a small prayer of thanksgiving...for gifts already received....then lifting my glass and toasting our long friendship....

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
*Tilting my glass of wine toward ye and toasting to our occassion, smiling as I take a small sip, sighing softly as I enjoy your presence....asking softly*....So, where have ye been for such a long time, and what brought ye home M'Lord...*tilting my head at ye curiously before taking a small bite.*
~Charles Dickens~