Author Topic: Coming Hame  (Read 16633 times)

Offline Lord Gray

Re: Coming Hame
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »
*.taking a small sip of the dark bourbon....pausing and then answering*......things have managed to take me away for large amounts of time...various duties have prevented me from being here like I used to be....at the risk of a bit less sleep I have managed to find my way back and have been pleasantly surprised to see you have returned home...

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 05:02:36 PM »
*Pausing for a moment, listening to ye speak, a small smile forming at your words*...I have been just as pleased to see ye about as well....*searching your eyes, sighing softly*....I would be honored if ye would join me again for a meal, or conversation...*glancing around the small cottage*...It's very nice to have company...*soft smiles*....I hope ye plan to stay now that you're here, back at MacLaaran I mean...*raising an eyebrow at ye, anticipating your answer*...
"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires,
and a touch that never hurts."
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »
*.feeling that wicked grin on my face as I listen*....stay?...here?....Now..that is a very generous offer but it is a bit early eh?....I will be here a bit more often now....somehow

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »
*Chuckles softly at ye*...No, I meant at the Castle...I do hope you'll be around from now on.  It's been so wonderful to have you back, and I'm sure I speak for many when I say that.  *Seeing you place your spoon to the side I rise and gather our dishes, placing them in a bucket to wash later, tidying up the table before offering your a chair near the fireplace*....Would you like to sit for a bit, or do you need to be getting back to the castle? *looking to you with a smile*..
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 08:50:33 AM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say many are happy...*grinning*....there is a lil matter of a handful of inconsiderate farmers to be concerned about...as far as sleeping arrangements...well...we shall see about those...

I would enjoy a bit more of your time before I seek my rest though...*smiling warmly*

Offline HavuneWul

• You want sheep? I've got sheep.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »
~passing through the MacLaaran village, seeing a cottage that once was unused now inhabited, pulling the wagon to a stop as I peer toward the door, pushing glasses up on my nose~ Hmmmm, looks like new residents. ~said to myself as I scrawled a note on a small parchment. I then hopped out of the wagon and fastened the note to the door.~

Welcome extended to You. Hope You are settling in. If You have need of items for Your home, feel free to contact Me. There are several in the Castle who have received My services and I'm sure would be happy to recommend Me.

Havune Wul
Lisenced Decorator

~glancing over the note once more, satisfied, then climbing back into the wagon, picking up the reins and heading off to my next destination~
Havune Wul
Licensed Decorator

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 03:30:45 PM »
*Smiling over at ye as I extend a hand toward a chair next to the fireplace*...I'd love you to stay awhile...please find a seat.  *Following you, and slowly sitting in rocking chair across from ye, glancing toward the flickering flames, speaking softly as I turn to face ye*...I find myself thinking of cyn....wondering where she could be, what has possibly kept her away this long....she loved this cottage...*smiling softly*...she was so gifted with her herb garden, repairs, cooking, sewing....you name it cyn could fashion it for ye....*frowns a bit at the thought*...I truly hope she's well....I await the day I'm able to hug her again...*smiling softly at ye, my rocking ceasing for a moment, tilting an ear toward the door, looking over at ye*...did ye hear something? *Standing, hesitating a bit before I move toward the door*....
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »
((Okay, laughing a tad, I've been busy since the Xmas and New Years holidays and missed these recent posts. I'm running two football playoff leagues, but Aurora pointed these out for me. I'll try and pay closer attention. Welcome back Lord Gray. I did speak wi' Lexi a few weeks back. I eventually removed cyn's farm months ago and Alexis still has chambers in the castle. Let me know what ye want done here and I'll try and comply.))

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 06:16:35 AM »
((I've invested quite a bit of time here, the cottage would be wonderful...or "cyn's farm"....I'm sure she'll return eventually as well.  Sorry, I thought we had covered that in our conversation.  Thanks.))
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 08:04:39 AM »
((I'll try and put cyn's cottage back on the map today. I need to add it back on the website, too, which might take a little longer... I'll leave Alexis' chambers in the castle, even though she'll probably be living in that farm/cottage most of the time. likr Dami and Will do in their cottage. Lord Gray still has chambers on the 4th floor down the hall from Alexis. Please let me know if this works for you.
Thanks,
Kyle))

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »
((That sounds great.
Thank you,
Lexi))
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
oh...I do?...well...that is simply wonderful...Thanks Kyle..*S*

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »
...I left the Castle before dawn....stopping at the smithy's to borrow a few tools and made my way to the cottage...blinking and taking a look at it in the new dawn I saw in how much disrepair it had fallen.

...Removing the saw,rake and shovel from the bindings on the saddle I set them down and began to work my way around the entire hut...cutting back all of the overgrown greenery...not stopping until the sun was able to reach the windows again.

....I worked diligently,sweating hard as I labored....soooo unused to actual labor...(chuckling..no comments)...hoping that soon there might be some rich coffee to fuel me ...

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »
*Making my way from the village, squinting against the late afternoon sun....fiddling with the newly purchased fabrics in my basket....the cool breeze feeling fresh on my warm skin, pushing long pieces of hair from my face as I catch a movement near the cottage....slowly coming to a stop to inspect the visitor....watching the handsome man labor with piles of overgrown weeds and shrubbery....my heart smiling as I recognize the determined features of Lord Gray, tilting my head slightly as a smile forms on my lips....standing a moment to enjoy the view.  Chuckling as I finally divert my gaze, taking in the whole of the cottage.....the structure clearly visible with not one dead weed covering anything...it seems to breath life again...the faintest hint of a happy home.....finishing my walk up to the cottage, nearing the handsome man with a surprised smile upon my face, touching his arm lightly*....It looks great....ye must be exhausted...*glancing from the Lord to the several piles of wood and weeds, and back to Gray*....Why don't I take these things inside, fetch us both a drink, and I'll help with whatever needs to be done...*leaning up to kiss your cheek as I pass by you and into the cottage*...
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
........*feeling the sweat drop into my eyes and brushing it away as I squint through the sunlight at her...knowing I  must look a sight but glad for her company."Aye M'Lady...a drink wid be perfect."

...I placed the tools up against the side of the cottage and looked around to make sure that I hadn't missed anything...turning to look at her as she walked away and smiling at the sight..

....sitting on the ground under the shade of the nearest tree and making mental notes...,(yes..I know...small ones no doubt),of the repairs that need to be made...knowing that sooner or later I will inspect the interior and come up with a list of things that need to be done.

...thinking back and wondering if Kyle and lava will let me take measurements for a swing.....hmmmmmm....