Author Topic: Wartime preparations(craftsmen...and those involved in the coming feud)  (Read 2809 times)

Offline LordTalon

He would step down to the Smithy Shoppe once more.. and prepare Himself for what He was getting ready to do...having spoken with Sir Tristram last night about it....He would leave a well crafted note to the counter there....

-Sir Geraint...I have need of Yer services once more...but this time it is of a more permanent type request....I have been given the title Procurement and Training Advisor by Our Captain of the Guards Himself Sir Tristram...I have agreed and in honorably keeping with Me word....I am in need of a deal to strike with Ye...I am going to personally pay for the entire Guards restocking of weapons...it is a hefty and expensive proposition I understand and there is no and will be no added pressure to Yer workload....I will need sparring equipment....coats of armor..and then all those weapons of war...even down to the daggers....for both man and woman...I ask that as you if Ye agree to this start the preparations....to have them delivered directly to the MacLaaran armory...I understnd an ongoing payment supply will also have to be upheld...and We can work out those details as We go along...this will likely be an ongoing relationship...and it will mutually benefit Us both as protection for Our home is to everyone's benefit...and of course new weapons puts a little extra coin in Yer pockets as well as gives Me something to continually practice and try as I do enjoy the feel of new Steel....let Me know as soon as Ye can...and We can work out the arrangements....but to put an example to the words...I have attached a list for now of those things needed...and if there are those things Ye think of nay included...please feel free to to provide examples of such items and I will see if they could suit Us in furtherment of the Guards.....Lord Talon ...Procurement and Training Advisor...

and on another page the following would be attached...

1.Coat of Arms(full sets)
2.Sheilds-Buckler Style
3.Lightweight Long Bows
4.Maces
5.Swords-Both Broad and Lightweight, Sabres,Rapiers
6.Axes
7.Spears
8.Daggers
9.Design a Ballista-I would like to propose this one to Sir Kyle and Sir Tristram with the reciept of the design and minitature prototype-both mobile and immobile
10.Crossbows
11.War Hammers
12.Chariot-two for now

And then He would take a pause for a moment and sip on His tankard of bourbon for a moment...He was satisfied...to a point...but there was still something bothering Him...So He would stand and walk over to the window for a moment...then seeing one of the Guards in passing He would peck on the window and raise a finger as if asking Him to stop and as the Guard paused...He would step outside...and He would speak...

-By order of Yer Captain Lord Tristram..I have taken the role of Procurement and Training Advisor....Place Ye fellow Guards on notice....that I wish a full meeting with them...I expect daily training regimines to increase....and hopefully there will be an increase in the Armory..everyone is to be sized and fitted for Armor....and if Sir Geraint does agree to the making of such I expect Ye all to appear at the Smithy Shoppe to to be sized...in order of Alphabet as I will not have His Shoppe overran...Ye are all to assume a respectful posture when in the company of Yer Senior Commanders...(Talon would demonstrate....by stepping His legs shoulderwidth apart...and by sliding His hands behind His back....left wrist being clutched by right hand...back straight....and eyes facing dead ahead)..I wish only for all of Yer lives to remain such..with the living...and in that I will impose a few war time drills...and divide you into color Guard type factions.....there will be a red and blue faction...and these will face each other in different drills...in war type simulations...for now the Guards are to remain fully disciplined and ready to go to war at a seconds notice...Let this be known through the Guards..that these things will happen and I wish to have a full meeting with the entire Guard...

and He would nod...and then leave the Smithy Shoppe and head toward the Lance...

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:12:49 AM by LordTalon »

Offline Devona

pointing something out.....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
Curling her hands around Talon strong shoulders, chin gentle resting upon his left side.  Pale blue eyes scanning the curves of his writing she would fumble over most of the words in her head. As she came down to the bottom of the list she’d nip at his ear lob and speak softly. ”Talon, you know that Sir Kyle owns the  Village Carriage Shoppe,....perhaps it would be good to ask him about the chariots......”

Offline LordTalon

Re: Wartime preparations(Geraint...Guards....read please)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 04:10:53 PM »
His skin would almost goosebump up as she would do that....and He would close His eyes....His tongue curling to trace over His lips....and He'd stretch His hand back and slowly trail His fingers over her creamy pale thighs....-Aye Dev...perhaps Sir Kyle would like to design and take care of the chariots....its a good idea love...-.....and He'd turn and face her for a moment looking into her eyes...-it doesnt hurt to pull a little village unity behind the troops eh-...and He'd grin and press a slow tender kiss to her lips...then walk over and have a seat...drawing yer hand with His.....and as He would seat Himself...-Devona...you ever cared to learn to read?-...He would ask as He would write the following and seal it...

-Sir Kyle...I would ask you about Yer carriage Shoppe and if it be capable of preparing two chariots....and the possibility of more....and also with the possibility of time constraints Odin forbid if the need arise...let Me know...Lord Talon....Procurement and Training Advisor-....

Offline LordTalon

Meeting 1 with the Guards-Preparation and giving out of duty
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
He would quietly step out to the Spar Pit.....glancing over the Guard as He stood there....His mind was wondering fully over the task at hand...and He could hear the reckless chatter of the group as He would step over to the bleachers and begin to step up onto them....stepping higher and higher until He would reach the top step....and He would walk out toward the center of it....His arms folding over His chest as He would stand...looking out over His task....His eyes training back and forth slowly over them....He would glance toward the servant aside the bleachers.....carrying this large war drum.....and give this nod....and there would begin to be a very slow....rhythmic beating of it....-thump.......thump.....thump....thump-...and He could see the crowds attention divert His way....and He wouldnt speak for a long time...the quickening of the drum beginning to drown out the last few of the men and women Guards whom dared still chatter....and as the crowd was drowned the war drum would quicken....and then the smaller snare type would begin this quickening -thud..thud..thud..thud..thud-.....and then the drums would stop...and He would once more trail His eyes over the group of Guards...the light breeze blowing His lockes over His shoulders as He stood there in full wartime armor....and He would begin to speak...shouting in strict straightforward short bursts.....commanding in His words....

-Warriors....Guards.....Today is a day that will begin Your lives....Today is the day Ye prepare to gain Discipline....Honor....Today is the day Yer blood will boil inside like a cauldron....Today is the start of Hell...or whatever it is Ye percieve as such-....

and Talon would begin...sliding His wrists behind His back and clasping them as He would begin to catwalk back and forth along the top bleacher speaking...never looking down....but looking and making eye contact with as many of those Guards as He could...His eyes ice blue and unflinching....His face emotionless and strong...and His words deep and rough toned....

-Today starts a new dawn in MacLaaran...a day where Warriors will become Guards....and the Elite will become Immortals....for I ask each and every last one of you....IS THIS YOUR HOME!!!-....

and you could hear His loud scream of the last sentence....and hear this shout out from the crowd...

-AYE-

and Talon would grow quiet for a moment.....His eyes once more drifting back ad forth over the Guards....and He would give this nod to those two ColorGuards behind the bleachers....and they would carry the flags of MacLaaran.....straight and direct were their backs and holding those flags high....the low war drum would begin once more....-thump......thump....thump...-....as the ColorGuards would walk slowly in front of the crowd...and stand side by side....and then the snare and war drummers would follow in formation with these....forming a backwards v shape like geese in front of the Guard....then stepping from behind the Guards would be two older and very athletic looking Men...On the left side walking round would be Kratos...Talon's older Brother....and on the right would be Drake...procured from England per Talon's request....both Men stood large and muscular....and fully armed..thes two Men would be like drill seargents in essence...there eyes training over the Guards as they walked along side....and they shout in unison...

-GUARDS......STANCE-

And Talon Himself would stand squarely facing the Guards.....His legs shoulder width apart and His left hand fisted and His right hand clutching the left wrist behind His back....and you could see the small sea of Guards take this stance....and Talon would once more begin to speak...

-Military Discipline....from this day forth in the presence of Yer superiors....Ye WILL take this stance until told otherwise....Ye will take it with Captain Tristram....Leutinant Tyra....and for now....Myself...Stand in it.....Get comfortable with it....because Ye will be in it....and if not....there are miles and miles of land for Ye to run upon until it is a burnt memory....AM I CLEAR!-

and He would glance over the Guards....seeing this strong held position in front of Him....and hear this loud shout in unison...

-AYE-

then Talon would ocne more speak....His voice growing to a hoarse rasp from His loud spoken words....

-Fellow Warriors....Ye will nay fear death....Ye will nay run from it....Ye will face it....and the very thunder of war will thrill Ye....it will be Yer new whore...and Ye will take it gladly when and if the time comes....Ye will be Brothers and Sisters....and Ye will stand by each other as if Yer life depends....because it DOES!!....if Yer Brother falls then that means there are two coming to get you instead of one....do not let the odds fall out of Yer favor....Ye will be a well oiled MACHINE!!!.....-

and Talon would step down the bleachers slowly....and onto the Sparring feild with the Guards....walking slowly by the front line....His blue eyes would meet each of them as His jaw clenched like fire....

-Today....Yer training begins Warriors....Ye are to run....as a Unit.....Eat....as a Unit....Live...as a Unit....and Die....as a Unit....We are ONE!!!!....One mind...One body...driven for one purpose....To SAVE MACLAARAN!!!!.....We all have families....friends....people here We want to see prosper in PEACE....WE ARE THAT PEACE!!!!!....Today....Ye will begin....and work tirelessly...to ensure that PEACE!!!....-

and then Talon would nod to Kratos and Drake....whom would begin calling out names....and telling them to come forth...and there would be four groups of names....one for each direction of the compass....and to these would be given the North South East and West boarders...and Kratos would unroll this large map of MacLaaran....

-Learn Yer Home Guards....and defend her to the death if need be.....if Ye hear the beating of the war drum..and the shrill of the war horn..-

.and He would nod and there would be the holder of the snare drum pulling up the horn and this loud deep shrill would follow as He would blow hard...

-..Ye are to go to arms.....and meet on this field....in Legion formation....I expect Yer armor....Yer weapons...Yes know Yer weapons and love them like Yer boy and girlfriends....because Ye can give Yer heart to someone.....but Yer ass....belongs to MACLAARAN....those weapons will save Ye from Yer eternal sleep.....keep them well kept....and be ready...because no one knows the time when We My fellow Warriors...will have to march and Defend Our Mother...Our Home!!!-

Talon would then give Kratos and Drake the nod....and they would istruct the four groups.....and they would do a rotation...on a weekly basis...so that the whole boarder would be well known by this group...and each evening this group would return...on horseback.....and each of those in that group were given a small horn to blow if there be sign of trouble to alert those within to arms...and were instructed that while on patrol to keep it on them at all times.and this group would be required to wear armor...and carry certain weapons...a sword...and a bow at least....(Devona would probably be part of one of these groups given this duty as she would know the boarder and Talon would know it)..and then the two would begin to walk up and down screaming out duties to each and every one of the Guards....from Castle entrance to stable cleaning....and giving the order of rotation that each would follow....as they jobs would constantly change so that each Guard would know the Home both consistently and intimately....there would also be shouts to each and every one present to the new training regimine....where there would be various weapons training....attack scenarios...hand to hand combat..and then the two Men would once more begin calling out names...

-These Men and Women called forth....these Warriors shall be Yer archers....for they have demonstrated great skill with distance shooting....and they are to practice tirelessly...as they are the first strike...and their arrows shall fall like reign upon the enemy...these will also be the last line of defense...because if the enemy gets to these Ye Warriors will have failed..and that...is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!-...

and Talon would once more step up onto the bleachers....and take the stance on the top and face the Guard...-Let Yer lives....Let Yer hearts...beat for MacLaaran...for with Yer Passion she stands....and with Yer steel...She lives....DISMISSED!!!-

and He would watch as Kratos and Drake would drive the entire Guard into a running march...to circle the entire Castle....it was a show of pride....and He hoped Capt. Tristram and Lt. Tyra would be watching....and in the back of His mind He kept Trist's words and these would fuel His thoughts...for when a Captain is uneasy....there is usually quite good reason for it....and He would step down off the bleachers....and into the barracks....and clean out a small storage room for an office....and begin to hang MacLaaran maps and such....and make lists of various exercises.....and a list of the red and blue colors...that He would break the group into for war simulations....He would only have a small desk and chair in the small room...and there would be a list of the Men and Women and their families and whom to contact in the event of their falling....and that list and those papers were well kept....and He would just sit...pleased with His first meeting.....and He would send the letter to Sir Kyle about the chariots.....and lean back in His chair...in heavy and deep thought....Tristram's words...echoing in His head over and over...He could hear the sounds of weapons outside clashing and screams from Kratos and Drake at those they were pushing forth....and He would sit silently...in reflection of His words...until He would finally get back up and head to the Lance that evening....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:14:27 AM by LordTalon »

Offline Devona

Devona's view
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 11:24:55 AM »
Scanning the head of the guards in front of her, she can tell when Talon steps out into the pits, for most of the men posture gets straighter. Grinning she folds her hands behind her back and cants her head to the left to listen.  That soft wind would stir a few lose strands of red that escaped the high tie on the back of her head. Then that beating of the drums would echo out, and see would see the reaction it was stirring in the men. Listen to Talon firm words, her eyes flare a bit to the “To day is the start of Hell....”she’d grin and bite the corner of her lips to keep that dark chuckles from slipping past her lips.

Hearing his footfalls climb the bleachers she’d glance over at him for a moment, watching how the men reacted towards him. He knew how to command respect, and get attention, he was demonstrating that well today. Listening to him once again narrows her pale blues on his form. Her and a few others would stand to answer his question while they responded. She was proud to call MacLaaran her home.

She’d continue to stand, along with the few others, watching those flags flap in the air. With the added drum she did start to fall into the moment, blood heating up, pride showing upon her face. Eyes narrowing at the two new men, having not seen them before. With their command of Guards stance, all would stand and move into the formation. The one guard Talon had stoke to the day before did as he was told, and past the information along.  Listening once again she ponders how Tris would handle this, and if she would have to do it while making smart comments about how better the Lance was....she’d almost chuckles but catch herself.  She was pulling back from the atmosphere Talon was working so hard to produce. Devona lived for such discipline, but there was no war, no battles to be won. She does understand that you must away be ready, but did Talon really have to work them up this much. She’d answer with another less infused “aye” in the sea of voiced it would be very hard for one to pick up just her tone.

Canting her head to the live as a unit....she did not mind sleeping in the barracks, she quit enjoyed the male company, she was just a little stunned Talon would suggest such a thing.  Moving into one of the group, she’d get certain looking, everyone knowing that Talon and her were somewhat together.  She’d stay in the middle of the group, trying hard not to be pulled into the others energy. She’d almost growl, skin and soul pulling for something to release all this energy, she ponders how many fit fights there are going to be. Hearing her group was on boarder patrol she’d roll her shoulders back and nod. All this talk, then give them boarder patrol, then tell her she would not snuggle with puppet at night. This did not mean she was not proud, she was extremely proud to defend MacLaaran and she would lay her life on the line for one villager, but why work them up so much. Her blood was pumping, eyes almost looking for a fight. Giving a loud cheer to Talon closing words. Pouring her pride out in it, working off some of the build up emotions he had placed within them all. She’d move with her group, listening to their chatter, and excitement, she just took a deep breath and tried to burn the memory of what her body left like now, for she knew it was going to be sore and broken with the days to come.   Not being able to control her eyes she glances over her shoulder to get a glimpse of Talon walking off, she was proud of him as well, he knew what he was doing and that made her feel safe.

((ooc comment, she sounds like a spoiled brat, but she has not been doing much sparring, or getting into trouble so she has a lot of energy built up....and this would just add to it.....watch out of the red head, she is looking for a fight now....feel sorry for Talon and Damon lol))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 01:11:54 PM by Devona »

Offline LordTalon

((ooc-...hmmm....I like the idea of all that energy to burn out...mebbe He oughta give more speeches....you can just pretend that He's nude when He giving em to you there Dev....winks))

Offline LordTalon

undermining
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 03:48:53 PM »
((as Drake))

He would be at His position by the door Talon's office...and He would glance over at His fellow Guard....whom was shifting unsettled....the entire unit was out on either patrol or training drills...and as per Talon's orders there were always two posted at the office....so He would finally just look at His fellow Guard....-Ye look like Yer bursting to piss..Yer gonna make Me wanna go...how bout you walk down behind the stables an take care of Ye lil problem there and I shall watch the door till Yer return....-..The Guard would nod and then look at Him....-But Talon said.....-...then Drake would respond...-well do Ye think Talon wants to come hold Yer little stem while Ye drain it too....be a man-...Drake knew what He was saying....and He knew exactly how to get what He wanted....and He wanted in that office...and so finally with some reluctance the Guard would step off....and Drake...already standing against the door...would reach over and turn the knob....backing against the door and inside slowly....easing it quickly to a crack as He was inside....He would begin to rummage around....looking through the list of the new census type documentation....He would see Gerhild's name listed...and He would mumble to Himself...-well well My pretty...seems we have a common....friend-..having been following her per orders and listening outside of MacDougals the entire time about their conversing....and this small grin would curl His lips....but then He would keep going down....and He would return it exactly to how it was....then He would turn and start going through the records of the Guards...and there was Talon's qualifications..and this document that stated "Last Will and Testament of Lord Talon"..and His eyes would narrow....and He'd mumble under His breath...-Ye been busy haven't ye My Lord...but I notice you have a fondness for flirty little redheads...-..reading her name on the will.....and He would snap His fingers....that was it...that would be Talon's weakness....or hers...for that matter....and both of them were in the MacLaaran Guard....fools....He thought to Himself...returning the paper to where He found it...He would reach over and begin to scroll through the names of suppliers and vendors....and just then He would hear footsteps...and He would mumble...-damn it...well lets go play Guard again...your day is coming Talon...for France...owe's Ye-...and the footfalls would come quicker....so in His haste to return the papers to normal...one would not lay down properly..but there was not time to mess with fixing it...so as He would slip quickly out....easing the door shut slowly as He would resume His spot...there would be this sudden little breeze cause by the quickness of the door...and as the door went shut...the paper would float off the desk...and fall to the floor...and Drake would look to the Guard...-well it sure took ye long enough....are Ye sure you didnt jerk yer snake a little while Ye were out there....you know anything more than twice shakin is playing with it-....and He would chuckle...and lean Himself back against the wall....with a lot on His mind...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:52:26 PM by LordTalon »

Offline Devona

dev's eyes
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 03:33:10 PM »
Standing around the sparring pit, which is in view of the barracks, her arms folded across her chest, watching two sets of guards swinging their blades at each other. Shifting in her amour she lifts her helm off and take a deep breath. Now that her side vision is better, she takes note of a form moving into Talons office and grins. Thinking of how it was her break soon, and how he will be alone in their. A huge grins falls on her face, then as it is her turn to step in the pit, she slips on her helm, and glances back at the door, watching Drake move out and stand at the door with the other guard......the thought does not linger in her mind, as she turns back to her fellow guard and swings her blade in the air a bit to warm up.............

Offline LordTalon

Talon runs, takes an arrow
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
He would stretch His legs.....the second faction of Guards returning for the evening.....and He would watch as Kratos tiredly led them in....and He would nod to Him....Talon would never ask anything of His Guards He wouldnt do Himself....so He would prepare....stretching His legs and beginning His jog....He would nod toward a few of them men....and then catch a few of the color Guards....and speak...-come....you need to be able to run as good as the rest of them...-....and He would suddenly take off....He was of course heading back toward a certain gulley to look things over....and He had every intention of seeing what was around the general area....He had been planning some things in His mind....and He wanted to see about the set up and what kind of hindrance it would be...perhaps He'd order a bridge built there...a wooden bridge wouldnt cost much and there was plenty of timbers...so really just labor to do so...and a green wood bridge would be hell to burn..so the thought was a good one...then He ran across Kratos....as He started to jog....and Kratos of course throwed the normal add to injury...-Hey Bro that minx hasnt said yes eh?  I heard she had to go get her little girl to keep her happy cause you were not getting it done..brosie even told Me so herself...you cant please a woman Bro...-and Kratos said it in full view of the Guards and it started to eat at Talon....but He had chosen Kratos..and He would take it up with Him later off duty.......and that was all Kratos had to say...and Talon's eyes would grow even more cold...there were plenty of Guards out doing border patrol...so it wasn't like He would be totally alone....He would pass them along the way here and there....He knew He hadn't seen Drake yet...but that didnt bother Him He had seen Drake through many wars He had trusted Him....Drake had been with Him in France when His transition went from raider to war....He had became more like a hired general in those days....and Drake had stayed in France when His company left....Talon would continue running..heading into the forest back toward that gulley....as He followed the now trampled trail there....now of course what Talon didnt know was Drake was up ahead...He had led a group of archers out....and the archers He already sent marching back...Drake was staying behind looking for arrows....and He came to this one....and it didnt look like one He was familiar with....the knocking and feather were different from the MacLaaran standard....and His brow would arch....He would step along the gulley silently....sliding the arrow to His quiva....and as He moved along....He would hear the footfalls....and He would slip up behind a tree in a small brushy area....and peer slowly round it...His eyes would narrow...-Talon-....He would mumble....He would slide His bow over His shoulder....and reach back...His fingers drawing over the fletching of the arrows...till He felt...that one...and His lips would curl into a grin...He had a feeling He knew where it had originated....and as Talon came running....He would knock the arrow to the bow string....and draw a bead a good piece in front of Talon.....He could hear the falling of the colorGuard behind Talon in the distance....but Drake didnt care....this was a golden opportunity.....50,000 francs....just to get it done...and an arrow that wasnt His to do it with...He knew by the heightened security at both places....it wouldnt take much...to add a little powder to the fire....He had watched Gerhild go into the MacDougal ranch....He knew enough about what was said between hiding from the men there...it had been several close calls...but this was like shooting fish in a barrel....and He wouldnt pass it up....so as Talon came closer and closer....He drew back the bow....and just as Talon reached His sights....He would release....the arrow zipping through the air....
and suddenly....it hit..in Drake's mind...if He dies....He wins...if He lives...He wins....so He would immediately drift off....disappearing and reappearing with His arrows in hand...His alibi iron clad....by the number of arrows He had found....

Talon would suddenly drop to His knees...the arrow would hit and hit hard...sinking into His right arm in mid run and pinning it to His ribs....the head of it sticking tween the ribs painfully....but not reaching home because of His arm stopping it....either way...He hit His knees....it hurt to breath....and He was struggling....He couldnt move His arm....and as the colorGuard would approach Him....He could hear the calls going out from them....the little horns and such....they would help Him up to a stand...and as He would dig the arrow from tween His ribs....He would grimace in pain....leaving the arrow through His arm for now....and He would hear Drake...-Talon I will lead my group of archers out....We will find whom has done this....-...and as Drake would fan out with His archers as they were truly the closest by....the color Guard led a very pained Talon back toward the Castle....

((Please note...anyone wanting to involve in the Guard rp or summin please feel free....could use the man or woman power...and Me and the player of Dev I assure ya would appreciate it...))