Author Topic: a little laugh :-)  (Read 529666 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: a little laugh :-)
« Reply #615 on: December 23, 2008, 04:00:58 PM »
Get in the mood for Christmas.

This is an article submitted to a 1999 Louisville Sentinel contest to find out who had the wildest Christmas  dinners. It won first prize.

As a joke, my brother Jay used to hang a pair of panty hose over his fireplace before Christmas. He said all  he wanted was for Santa to fill them.

What they say about Santa  checking the list twice must be true because every Christmas morning,  although Jay's kids' stockings overflowed, his poor pantyhose hung sadly  empty.

One year I decided to make his dream come true. I put on  sunglasses and went in search of an inflatable love doll. They don't sell  those things at Wal-Mart. I had to go to an adult bookstore  downtown.

If you've never been in an X-rated store, don't go.  you'll only confuse yourself. I was there an hour saying things like,  'What does this do?' 'You're kidding me!' 'Who would buy that?' Finally, I  made it to the inflatable doll section.

I wanted to buy a  standard, uncomplicated doll that could also substitute as a passenger in  my truck so I could use the car pool lane during rush hour. 

Finding what I wanted was difficult. 'Love Dolls' come in  many different models. The top of the line, according to the side of the  box, could do things I'd only seen in a book on animal husbandry. I  settled for 'Lovable Louise.' She was at the bottom of the price scale. 

To call Louise a 'doll' took a huge leap of imagination. 

On Christmas Eve and with the help of an old bicycle pump, Louise  came to life.

My sister-in-law was in on the plan and let me in  during the wee morning hours. Long after Santa had come and gone, I filled  the dangling pantyhose with Louise's pliant legs and bottom. I also ate  some cookies and drank what remained of a glass of milk on a nearby tray.  I went home, and giggled for a couple of hours.

The next morning  my brother called to say that Santa had been to his house and left a  present that had made him VERY happy, but had left the dog confused. She  would bark, start to walk away, then come back and bark some more. 

We all agreed that Louise should remain in her pantyhose so  the rest of the family could admire her when they came over for the  traditional Christmas dinner.

My grandmother noticed Louise the  moment she walked in the door.

'What the hell is that?' she asked. 

My brother quickly explained, 'It's a doll.'

'Who would  play with something like that?' Granny snapped. 

I kept my mouth  shut.

'Where are her clothes?' Granny continued.

'Boy,  that turkey sure smells nice, Gran,' Jay said, to steer her into the dining room.

But Granny was relentless. 'Why doesn't she have any  teeth?'

Again, I could have answered, but why would I? It was  Christmas and no one wanted to ride in the back of the ambulance saying,  'Hang on Granny, hang on!'

My grandfather, a delightful old man  with poor eyesight, sidled up to me and said, ' Hey, who's the naked gal  by the fireplace?' I told him she was Jay's friend.

A few minutes  later I noticed Grandpa by the mantel, talking to Louise. Not just  talking, but actually flirting. It was then that we realized this might be  Grandpa's last Christmas at home.

The dinner went well. We made  the usual small talk about who had died, who was dying, and who should be  killed, when suddenly Louise made a noise like my father in the bathroom  in the morning. Then she lurched from the mantel, flew around the room  twice, and fell in a heap in front of the sofa.

The cat screamed. I passed  cranberry sauce through my nose, and Grandpa ran across the room, fell to  his knees, and began administering mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.  My brother fell back over his chair and wet his  pants. Granny threw down her napkin, stomped out of the room, and  sat in the car. 

It was indeed a Christmas to treasure and  remember.

Later in my brother's garage, we conducted a thorough  examination to decide the cause of Louise's collapse. We discovered that  Louise had suffered from a hot ember to the back of her right thigh. 

Fortunately, thanks to a wonder drug called duct tape, we restored  her to perfect health.

I can't wait until next Christmas.

Offline Lilac

« Reply #616 on: December 23, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »
it's xmas... doggie style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUtPKbMwnRo

Happy Holidays everyone.

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #617 on: December 23, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »
LOL  That was awesome!!
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #618 on: December 23, 2008, 07:05:37 PM »
to ring in the end of 2008, the list of the funniest commercials of 2008 have been done... Though I don't think this was rated, I could be wrong... Here it is, from Israel...
http://www.veryfunnyads.com/ads/26111.html

Offline Salem

« Reply #619 on: December 23, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »
LOL Awwwww...
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Salem

When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Amber

« Reply #621 on: December 26, 2008, 11:53:06 AM »
Hrm.  I only get like a minute into that video before it stops and it says to start over -raises a brow- very weird.

Offline Amber

« Reply #622 on: January 01, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »
Ninja tips for healthy living.
1. Exercise is important but jogging is for wimps.  Plenty of exercise can be had leaping from bushes and kicking joggers in the head.

2. Laughter is medicine.  Ninjas practice the art of inppropriate laughter. Laughing when hearing about cancer also shows the ninjas strength.

3. Ninjas, occasionally, without warning, stab friends with throwing stars. Life is random.  Ninjas embrace this fact of life.

4. Killing the wrong person happens. Ninjas know this. It's useless to live in the past.

5. Fiber in your diet is important. Ninjas eat the shirt off a complete stranger's back at least once a week.

6. Sex is extremely important to one's physical and mental health. Ninjas therefore fantasize about sex two, three, maybe even seven times a day.

7. Everyone knows yoga classes are filled with women. Ninjas prove their strenfth and impress the ladies by killing the yoga instructor.

8. Samurais are the source of much stress for ninjas. They think they're soooooo cool with their armor and swords and those awesome helmets. It's in a ninjas best interest not to think about such things.

9. A strong handshake is a sign of good health and vigorous character. Ninjas therefore squeeze as tightly as possible and do not let go when shaking hands. Strong eye contact is also recommended.

10. When eating the still beating heart of an enemy, ninjas eat it all.  There are starving ninjas in Africa who don't have any hearts to eat.

11. Cleanliness is next to godliness. If ninjas get ketchup stains on their outfits whilst eating out, they throw smoke pellets and disappear. Later, outside their den, they burn their outfits while screaming uncontrollably at the top of their lungs.

12. Mind control is one of a ninjas most powerful skills. Making small children give you money is not only hilarious, but quite lucrative, and therefore, healthy.

13. It's good for ninjas to treat themselves to Western pleasures occasionally.  That's why there's nothing wrong with putting on a comfortable ninja outfit, lighting some candles, and watching "Ninja Vixens: Virgin nightmares."

14. It is important for ninjas not to be their own worst enemy.  Therefore, ninjas should practice proper dental care before wearing a mask.

15. Secrecy is of upmost importance to the ninja's peace of mind. Not even the ninja's parents can know their identities. Not even if a ninja still lives in the basement of his parents' house.

16. Ninjas always ride shotgun.  It's good for their sense of self worth.  If ninjas are forced to sit in the back seat, remember they always carry garrotes.

If you laughed at any of these, and nodded your head solemnly at the same time, you're probably a ninja.

Offline Salem

« Reply #623 on: January 01, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »
Ninjas versus Pirates is a long-standing tradition. As a Ninja, or Shinobi-no-mono as is politically correct to refer to us as, that last post made my freaking day.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #624 on: January 01, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »
Pffft... I been a ninja way longer.... but since pirates are way more socially acceptable... I pirate for my day job... and pull some ninja side jobs when I can...

Srrsly... look up "ask a ninja" frigging hilarious...

Offline Salem

« Reply #625 on: January 02, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »
You haven't, because I've already seen every single askaninja vid. =P

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #626 on: January 04, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »
I took the Christmas tree down today..

LOL..

while that might not seem funny to most, those that know it is general tradition around here for me to procrastinate til April Fool's Day .. well... will get a laugh, besides being dutifully impressed..

LOL
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Amber

« Reply #627 on: January 04, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »
Beau and my first Christmas out on our own.. we had a tree up, decorated all pretty.  It wasn't taken down until after the fourth... of July.  Talk about procrastination.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #628 on: January 04, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »
at work the tree and the ornaments do not get taken down.. they get placed into the back and dusted off every late november... as for me.. the christams tree still lays in the back of my truck...i didnt even bother
bye bye!

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #629 on: January 05, 2009, 12:27:47 AM »
I had a real tree this year.. and me and AJ took it down on the first... not because I felt like it.. but cause we needed the space for AJ to put his crap when he moves in... -shrugs- last year I left my tree up untill the day before my b-day...