Author Topic: a little laugh :-)  (Read 535343 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: a little laugh :-)
« Reply #1680 on: September 20, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »
...AARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

...Seeks out Rick...Holding the endpin of my cello like a dagger... ;D

...Most cellos have sharp metal endpins that retract inside of the cello when the cello is not being played.  I have an Austrian cello made in 1853 that has a removable endpin.  The sharp metal rod is inside a wooden holder that plugs into the bottom of the cello, and then the metal rod can be extended as needed.  When setting up, I always take the wooden holder, and shake it hard, once, and the metal rod emerges with a sharp 'SNAP' sound, and then I tighten the wingnut holding the rod in place and then plug it into the cello.  If I have a new stand partner, he or she will give me plenty of room to sit, and will turn the pages of the music very efficiently.   ;)

YO RICK!!!!!

When she starts talking about rods that retract, rod holders, plugs, shaking things hard, playing with nuts, partners, turning things over, it is time to RUN!!!!!

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #1681 on: September 20, 2018, 11:05:09 PM »

...Most cellos have sharp metal endpins that retract inside of the cello when the cello is not being played.  I have an Austrian cello made in 1853 that has a removable endpin.  The sharp metal rod is inside a wooden holder that plugs into the bottom of the cello, and then the metal rod can be extended as needed.  When setting up, I always take the wooden holder, and shake it hard, once, and the metal rod emerges with a sharp 'SNAP' sound, and then I tighten the wingnut holding the rod in place and then plug it into the cello.  If I have a new stand partner, he or she will give me plenty of room to sit, and will turn the pages of the music very efficiently.   ;)

YO RICK!!!!!

When she starts talking about rods that retract, rod holders, plugs, shaking things hard, playing with nuts, partners, turning things over, it is time to RUN!!!!!

...Oh Rags...that is just the 'Let's get to know you phase'... ::)...No danger there...
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1682 on: September 21, 2018, 04:06:23 AM »

YO RICK!!!!!

...Oh Rags...that is just the 'Let's get to know you phase'... ::)...No danger there...

Hey... it does not even qualify as good foreplay unless it culminates with a trip to the ER!!!!!   8)

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #1683 on: September 22, 2018, 08:20:15 AM »
Q: What do you call a belt made out of watches?
A: A waist of time!
OOC - Rick

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1684 on: September 22, 2018, 05:27:05 PM »
Q: What do you call a belt made out of watches?
A: A waist of time!

Bro... you worry me. Here you have a Woman ready to get all kinky with you and you are telling jokes.

TURN IN YOUR MAN CARD!!!!!

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #1685 on: September 22, 2018, 05:29:09 PM »
Y'all are killin me
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Medi

« Reply #1686 on: September 24, 2018, 01:18:41 AM »
...*Sighs*  and puts away some of my more 'fun' toys...

...*Pours a cup of tea*..."Here, Rick, this be good tea, we can watch "Over the Rainbow" while I sit with you."   ::)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RickBulow74

• Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #1687 on: September 26, 2018, 07:56:55 AM »
Q: What do you call a dictionary on drugs?
A: HIGH-Definition.
OOC - Rick

Offline RickBulow74

• Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #1688 on: November 12, 2018, 07:32:56 PM »
#BadJokeAlert (blame my stepdad, who is on too many pills as it is!)

Q: We all know that Murphy's Law is anything bad that can happen will happen, but do you know what Cole's Law is?

A: Shredded cabbage and mayonnaise.
OOC - Rick

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1689 on: November 12, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »
I think I need more meds after that one.  :(

Offline Medi

« Reply #1690 on: November 16, 2018, 01:26:45 PM »
...When visiting Norway, we took a bus ride to Ornesvigen.   :)  It was a very scary ride, there were a lot of hairpin turns, and looking out the window as we got higher up the mountain...you could look straight down into the fjord thousands of feet below.   :o  On the drive back, the tour guide told us a very good joke.   :)

Two men arrive at the Pearly Gates, and St. Peter tells them..."It is late in the day, and we are at our quota, I can only let one of you in today, the other will have to wait until tomorrow.  To help me decide who has to wait...tell me what you did back on Earth."  One man, a Minister, tells St. Peter..."I was a Minister, every Sunday I gathered my flock and spoke to them of the Bible and other such things."  St. Peter nods, and looks at the other man.  The other man says..."I drove a bus up and down Ornesvigen 6 days a week for 30 years."  St. Peter lets the bus driver in.  The Minister is a bit angry, and asks..."I served you well all of my life, why do I have to WAIT?"  St. Peter smiles and says, "Well, during your sermons, most of your Congregation was half asleep.  But, when that man was driving his bus...EVERY PASSENGER WAS AWAKE AND PASSIONATELY PRAYING TO GOD!"   ;)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1691 on: November 17, 2018, 02:06:20 PM »
LOL

I liked this one.  ;D

Offline Medi

« Reply #1692 on: November 23, 2018, 12:57:13 AM »
...A time when I 'behaved badly'... :P

I was playing in a JC production of a musical, and was in the pit orchestra.  The Conductor set the brass along the back of the pit...and being a cello...I was also in the back, and was sitting beside a Trombone.  The player, a young man, cut up a lot and teased me during performances.   :(  So, one performance...I WENT PANTHER!!!  When trombonists rest, they don't hold the instrument in their lap, they set it in a small stand that holds the instrument vertically, with the mouthpiece facing straight up.  This makes it easy for them to play, they just pick the instrument up, and press the mouthpiece to their lips. 

I brought in a water bottle, that had a very narrow, curved tip, to one performance...it looked harmless.   ::)  The orchestra had a long rest, while dialogue was going on the stage.  I had noticed, that during that long rest...the trombonist would be looking at the cute clarinetist, and ignoring everything else. So...during that rest...I leaned over and poured water into the mouthpiece...pretty much filling up the slide.   ::)

When we all entered...well...it was INTERESTING!...I will leave the details to your imagination.   ;D

Here is what a trombone can sound like...without the slide being full of water... ;D

https://youtu.be/vwU-J3uZhRE
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Arlon

« Reply #1693 on: November 23, 2018, 02:16:11 PM »
Medi will perhaps understand this one best, string player though She is lol. BAck in the Stone Age when I was in high school, I sat first-chair Bass Clarinet my junior year and we were doing the Nutcracker Suite for the Christmas concert. Being first chair, I was naturally assigned the duet with the piccolo during the Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy. All well and good, I was ecstatic to be playing that duet, particularly opposite the best high-school piccolo player in Tennessee, a VERY talented young lady named Tsuya Zimmerman. Unfortunately for me, I had a cold. Last practice before the performance, during the duet I had to sneeze -- really, really bad! I tried heroically to hold it back, but eventually I knew I couldn't, so in desperation I tried to smother it against my mouthpiece. The Bass Clarinet, however, is a reeded instrument, and the results were, well, catastrophic. The sneeze still came out, right through my horn!! And being asthmatic, when it came out it came out HARD, and therefore, LOUD. It produced the most unbelieveable HONK!! you ever heard -- like a dying goose! -- and, worse, completely shattered my last reed. I had to go buy a new one after school, but worse than that was the fact that the director was so upset with me that he sent the part to the clarinet section instead. I didn't give up the instrument, not by a long shot, but to this day I still turn beet-red when I talk about it.... LOL....

Offline Medi

« Reply #1694 on: November 23, 2018, 04:09:59 PM »
...*JDL*... ;D ;D ;D  I would have been shrieking with laughter hearing that, Arlon.  That is where we string players have an advantage...we can even EAT while playing.  We string players did that all of the time when sitting in a pit...we would bring in candy bars and sometimes small sandwiches, and pass them back and forth as we ate...and played.   ;D
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman