Author Topic: *sighs*  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
*sighs*
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:04:04 PM »
Ok... so I know I shouldn't complain because I've had a really easy pregnancy, even wiht the gestational diabetes... it all could have been so much worse. Well.. I appear to have hit one of those worse things. For the last few days I've been in mega amounts of pain... mostly in the cervix, tailbone, and lowerback area. Kym has started dropping, and that is the cause of the pain, but it's getting to be more than what I consider normal, or what I can handle. As long as I don't move, I dont hurt. But since that's impossible, I've been hurting a lot. Even just moving my foot from the gas to the brake peddle hurts... and then today...

today, I THINK because of pain and everything, my blood sugars have been.. literally... everywhere. I went from 173 to 89 in the space of 3 hours. Even when my b/s says is normal I'm still feeling dizzy and kind of out of it... possibly endorphin overload. I was so worried bout it I got dee's opinion, since she's had gd, and then called the hospital and had the ob/gyn on call to call me to find out if I should even take my insulin tonight. Fortunately, I see my doc tomorrow for a regularly scheduled non stress test.. and I WILL be bringing up the pain, the dizziness, and everything to her. I'll let y'all know the results.

Luvs y'all.. Kiersten

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
Re: *sighs*
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 02:48:20 PM »
Ok.. here's the result. I didn't get to see my regular doc, saw her partner Dobbs instead... which is ok. I like him too.. just not as much. The pain is normal. Yes it's mega painful, but there's nothing they can do about it. All I can do is take Tylonol to take the edge off the pain. As to my b/s levels... HE thinks it has to do wiht the fact that I'm a night owl... he seems to htink that everyone's circadian clock really is set for daylight hours... and that if I start getting up earlier, and going to bed earlier (dunno how that's gonna work for being in camp) my b/s levels will even out. I'm going to give his way a try, since he is the doc and all, and see what happens. So.. if I'm not around much, that's why... I'm trying to be a good lil patient and get my b/s under control cuz 173 is just way too high. bleah. I hate mornings.... *LOL*

Kiersten

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 02:49:58 PM »
Mistress... i wish i could wisk away your pain an carry it for ya till you have the little one.. but not give it back to ya ever... hugs an keep your faith.. all will work out for the best

lov ya

chanz...
duckie rules

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:25:08 PM »
Despite you not being able to be in camp all that long, Sis, you do need to do what is right for you and the baby.  I'm sure everyone will understand when that precious little baby is born nice and healthy if you aren't in camp just to make sure she's gonna be okay. -w- It will get better.