Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time  (Read 961 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Daylight Savings Time
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:42:39 AM »
A little reminder for those who forgot about it yesterday, as of 2am, all clocks have sprung forward an hour... This is the time of year I hate, as I won't find that lost hour until sometime in November, when the clocks fall back again... ~sighs~

I hate, though it was an idea that held merit, I don't think there is much in the way of savings by having the clocks spring forward 3 weeks earlier then they used to, or when they fall back in November, as only a week or two was added on to the end. As it's only starting to get light now at 7am, here on the east coast... And all because of the 2005 Energy Policy Act, that was made into law, and began in 2007. Not all places in the U.S. observe daylight time. In particular, Hawaii and most of Arizona do not use it. Indiana adopted its use beginning in 2006...

Personally I would love to see the return of the 1987-2006 DST time change return, which had it starting on the first sunday in April and ending the last sunday of October. Though I doubt that will ever come to pass.. ~le sigh and heads back to bed, to stop my rants and rambles~

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
Re: Daylight Savings Time
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:08:06 PM »
This is the time of year. That I am glad my cellphone automaticly changes time..
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
Re: Daylight Savings Time
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
This is the time of year. That I am glad my cellphone automaticly changes time..

my computer does that. In fact, I remember this morning I was talking to one person at 1:50 and the next thing I knew their next IM was at 3 :00. I was wondering where the other hour was.
OOC - Rick