Author Topic: Me...  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Me...
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »
My 3rd and final lumbar epidural injection didn't go as well as I had hoped, in fact, only one worked and barely at that... So the next step is one I am not looking forward to, and I am hoping to find some other procedure to do in place of having a discogram done... Having talked with my momma-in-law, I found out a few things that I could talk to my doctor about doing instead, as she had one done and had a very hard time keeping still, to the point that they almost had to stop she was moving about that much, due to how much pain it was causing her...

I also had my second facet joint C4-C7 nerve block done, this time around they knocked my happy ass out which was very nice, though I woke up in severe pain and the area that they injected the medication at was quite swollen, to the point that finding a position to sit in on the way home, was not fun... But after 2 days, and icing it every hour for 30 mins, the swelling and pain went down drastically, and I found myself feeling no pain in the area... Now I am waiting for the medication to wear off which is expected to happen by the end of the weekend... Though I see my doc on monday, and then is when I find out what is next, and what the results from SSEP test were...

During all this, I have been dealing with a lot of pain, though hopefully with a different bed (it's the same size, double/full, as the last one, but we don't have coils poking us in the wrong places while just drifting off to sleep), getting to know the neighbors and trying to keep the owner from trying to sell the house (she could, but wouldn't get as much as she hoped, or sell it anytime soon, not with at least 15 houses in the neighborhood that have been up on the market for the last 1 to 2 years and no one interested) Then dealing with the various appointments between Ray and I, and me trying to learn the rules and regs for the state of Delaware so I can get my license back, so when Ray has his knee cap replacement surgery in August, I will be able to drive him home, after he spends 1 to 2 days in the hospital after his surgery...

So things are a bit hectic at this time, but I am going to aim to try and get into camp tonight, but am not going to make any promises, as anything can pop up between then and now... But do know, that I love and miss you all very much, and I am trying to get myself back into camp as soon as I can... But I leave you all a ton of ~huggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggles~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Me...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »
Hang in there sis!!!

If Ray complains, just remind him that if he were a horse, you could put him down. That should shut him up.

::) ;D ;) :-*

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »
Take care of yourself and keep us updated.  Miss you and hope you get to feeling better soon.  -huggles-

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
gebus True!..-hugggsssss back lots-...i hope this all straightens out for you!..-sneaks a nerf bat for use on the ray type n winx-..it helps. hehehe
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Taryn

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
The results of my SSEP test hasn't been reported yet, though they are hoping to have it ready for me next month... Since my Facet Joint C4-C7 was successful, I am having it done permanently, though it's not fully permanent it seems, more like it will take hold for 1 1/2 - 2 years.. Which is just fine with me, but I am hoping they knock me out as they did last time, as I am not looking forward to being even consciously sedated while they burn the nerves to kill them off, much rather be out cold, oblivious to anything going on around me or my neck, to be honest...

Since the lumbar epidural injections did little to no help, they are now going to do a nerve block in my lower back... The doc is hoping this might relieve some of the pain that I have been experiencing in my lower back and radiating from there, through my left hip and down my left leg... Am hoping this works, as after this, I really don't know what the next step is, and actually am afraid to ask...

This will be done within the next two weeks, but am not going to be sitting back and waiting as I bite my nails as I wait... No, I go in on Thursday to have yet another cyst removed from my right armpit... As the nurse and surgeon have come to call it, the "troublesome armpit" has struck again... At least I don't have to go to his office, have him look it over and decide to do something about it, as it's infected and swelling with each passing day... It's located on the far right side, and at first I thought it was just an area of aggravated scar tissue, but when I started to get some really icky crap out of it and the smell was not roses, I called my favorite surgeon and he immediately had them set up a time and date for the removal... At this point, I have almost no sweat glands under there, with all the surgeries to remove the cysts that have popped up there... I did ask for a sweat gland removal, but he told me it would take at least 10 hours of surgery, several days in the hospital, plus many months of pain due to the area healing... As he told me last time, my body decided to have them removed the hard and somewhat less painful way... ~RME~

Anyway, that is what the update is right now... Though one bit of good news, Ray and I have worked out the dates we will be heading out to Cali come Xmas time... We will be spending 3 wonderful weeks there, visiting friends and family we didn't get to see the last time we were there, and the oddest part of the whole thing is that my parents are sending us via business/first class (as the seating is more comfortable than coach), and will also be getting us a room at the hotel we stayed at the last time we flew out to Cali last year... This way, we will be well rested for the drive home, as we are not going to need anyone to drive us up there and back this time around, thankfully, not when we have reward points to spend on ourselves for a change... ~smiles~

Again, I am trying to get myself into camp, but lately nothing seems to be able to concentrate on anything for very long lately, due to things going on around the house, my own health issues beyond what is going on with my back and neck, and/or trying to figure out the laws of driving in the state of Delaware.. As that is the one thing that is very high on the list of things to do, before Ray goes in for surgery in August, I need to get my license back, or else things are going to be royally screwed up! Know that I love and miss my family very much and hopefully sometime soon I can find the energy to come in and find my niche in camp again... ~huggles to all~

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
You and Ray are both in thoughts and prayers sis.  Take care of yourself and keep the Doctors in line.   ;)  -hugs-

Offline Taryn

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »
I just found out what the procedure for killing off the nerves is called, Facet Joint Nerve Ablation, or rhizotomy... So if the facet joint nerve block for my lower back, L3-S1, works, then I will also have this done in that location as well...Though it is not long, long term, as I have come to find out, it only last typically 6-24 months... It's better than going back in every 1-2 weeks to have the nerve block done... So here's to this working as well as it has worked for my neck... And that nothing too bad is going on with my left leg, as I have a much larger area that has become numb on the left side of my left foot and leg... It seems as if each passing week it's been moving further up my leg... ~sighs and heads out for the night to relax and curl up with a really sweet and loving man who has been by my side through all the hell I have been going through, with not only my back, neck and leg issues, but also the health issues I am dealing with currently~

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
I think of you and Ray often during the day, Taryn.  I hope that you will get better.  I am also glad to hear about your plans to come out West, the weather here has been very nice, not too hot so far. 
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »
hey you know what..... -rubs hands together evilly- just wait till winter.... another mini gathering west?! -cackles and plots-

btw I totally wanna go back to sycuan..... or was it barona.... all I know is the food was yummy!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 04:13:47 PM »
That was Sycaun, and yes we are definitely planning to go back, and this time for longer than one game... I swear, we have been bingo deprived since returning home, well sort of, our town holds bingo night every Sunday night, last week we went and had a ball... Didn't win, but still had fun messing with the guys who help put it on, the proceeds go to the Volunteer Fire Department and Paramedics...

Offline Taryn

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 02:39:16 PM »
I ended up not having the surgery, went through all the pre-surgical stuff, including getting stuck twice for an IV, then rolled into the room where it would be taking place and when the surgeon decided to take a closer look at the area, he decided that there was nothing for him to do anything with... I also had him look at 2 other areas that I have been dealing with for the past 2 months, and have gotten a bit more painful in the last few days, he looked at those and basically said there was nothing he could do and released me to go home... This could have been avoided if I had just gone to see him in his office, but there is nothing I can do about it now...

I do have the procedures for my neck and back coming up... I am sort of looking forward to the ablation on Thursday, but not at the same time... Been talking with my mom-in-law about her experiences with this procedure and her outcomes haven't been all good with them... But I do have a list of questions to ask when I go in on Thursday and hopefully I will get some answers that will relieve some of the anxieties I have been having...

I will let you all know how things go.. And I will try to come into camp sometime before I go in on Thursday, as I am starting to feel as if I am letting the home down, by not being in camp like I should be... I get a promotion to Senior Healer and suddenly I go poof... To me I feel as if others are looking at me as I got what I wanted and as soon as I got it, I am gone, not willing to do the work that this status requires of me to do...

Offline Taryn

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 07:47:25 PM »
Well it seems the insurance company is being a pain in the ass again.. The procedure I was to have today was canceled due to the insurance company deciding to not authorize this procedure either... But when I talked to the section of the company who handles this, I was told they were approved... ~RME~ Though when I talked to the lady who handles this for the doctor's office told me why it wasn't approved, and now that my doctor has jumped through the correct hoops, of course, it's been approved...

So the Facet Joint Nerve Ablation that was supposed to happen on May 27, is now scheduled to happen on June 10... Trust me when I say I am literally counting the days down to when the procedure happens, as I have been dealing with the worst pain in my life in my neck and head... The daily migraines haven't been helping, and now I am barely able to turn my head a certain way, which makes it hard to do much more than stare straight ahead, and hope to the goddess when I am in a car, I don't have to move my head or I end up seeing stars due to the shooting pain that goes from the base of my neck to the back middle of my head... Have lost consciousness twice from this, luckily I wasn't doing anything like cooking at the time, already had a close call with the butchers knife already this week... So now, I stay away from the kitchen and doing anything that has to do with baking or cooking until I can have my neck issued taken care of...

Anyway, this is the main reason I haven't been in camp, as I have to keep my neck in a certain position or end up in tears and possibly worse, and a trip to the hospital via ambulance... Not a fun idea... Am going to head out, starting to have issues with sitting in the position I am in right now, so am going to lie down... Take care my family... ~huggles and slips out~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »
 :'( :-*

ndndancer

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »
*frowns and leaves You tight hugs*

Offline Taryn

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 02:01:22 AM »
Things just don't seem to be going my way... I am now on the hunt for a new cooling fan for my laptop, as it seems the one I have in the darn thing now has decided to stop working... ~growls~ So until I get that replaced, I have no computer to use, unless I wait until Ray heads to bed to use his, as I am doing now... Though we are going to CompUSA tomorrow to have them look it over and see if they can't fix it without us having to shell out money that at this point in time don't really have much of, only enough to pay rent this week and next...

~heads off to go check some prices before crashing out for the night, stupid insomnia and pain~