Author Topic: HELP I got a baby cat!!!  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Claudia

HELP I got a baby cat!!!
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:03:17 AM »
 :o

ARGH! They would have killed the lil cat, so now I have it here, 9 weeks old and crying for mommy.

What do I do?
Are there any things I need to know or to be aware of?  ???

My dog is going nuts .. she is barking and howling and moving way to fast for the lil cat, who is growling and hissing and scratching *shows my bleeding arms*

ARG!
aka Savinella

OneFoxyLady

Re: HELP I got a baby cat!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 07:54:07 AM »
Well its old enough to be away from mom for now no need to bottle feed too much....What I would recommend... go to your grocery store and get canned goats milk (cats are lactose intolerant so this works best)) Goats milk is found usually by evaporated milk.  Now this will need to be diluted.   Use this as a suppliment with  either some moist kitten food  mixed in with it or even baby rice cereal.  This will help us gain weight anmd  make sure we are used to eating from a dish.  If we are not totally used to it just gently move  its nose down above the milk mixture.  Now you can warm this a bit but  like a baby you need to make sure it is not too hot.  It you want to go all out for the kitten you can also as well go and get kitten formula at any vet center and use it in mixture with the  wet food and  or rice.  The choice is yours...goats milk is easier to find and use. 

Now as for othe help with it... when we have eaten help us digest by rubbing the belly like momma cat would.  this helps stimulate digestion...its nine weeks old so it should be ok with that but just to make sure.  If it is having difficulties going potty then you will need to use a warm wash cloth on its backside ((like momma cat)) and that will stimulate it to urinate and  such. 

if you have any other questions feel free to add me to your msn andor Q and Ill answer anything I can.  My mother owns a cattery and we take in stray babies all the time  so I do know a little bit.  Have hand raised babies from birth.

Cassie/ Nika

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 03:28:44 PM »
*bounces around*

love it and pet it an pat it and hug it and kiss it and feed it every day!

*grins*

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 05:41:14 PM »
Feed it to my pit bull.

Raz

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:42:38 PM »
*BOPS Raz* NOOO! BAD Raz!!  >:(

Offline Lilac

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 08:31:30 PM »
and if you supervise the cat and the dog... introduce them SLOWLY.. but a few good wacks with the
lil claws and your pup is gonna have a whole new respect for the kitty..

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 07:09:57 AM »
*looks at Master Raz and gasps loudly*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bad Master! Bad Master! 

*wails* No feeding kitties to pit bulls.. NOOOooo~!~
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Claudia

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 12:05:16 PM »
Thank you all so very much, we are adjusting rather slow *eyes my doggie* - the biggest Problem is my son, he seems allergic to the hairs of the cat and we had the Docs here last Night.

The kitten is eating, but has diarrhea, we seen the Vet today and got medicine, it has errm *searches dictionary* .... can't find it.. the nasty black stuff in the ears.. yuck... lil animals.. mites? Hmm that's the word I found.

He makes little tours around my House and is VERY curious *L* and the cutest thing is: as soon as I leave the room he cries for me, when I return and he sees me he lays back down and stops mewing, as soon as I leave again he gets up and MEWS "come back!"

GAH this reduces my rare online time even more *L*
I am not gone!!
I am just very very busy with RT right now, love you all!  :-*
aka Savinella

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 06:43:58 AM »
my sis is loved!!! :-*

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 12:17:32 PM »
Ear mites.... *chuckles* my cats had chronic cases of it when they were kittens too. There is a solution that the vet can give you to wash their ears out with, and ti does work.. just that if your kitten is like mine were, the mites will keep coming back. I finally put my cats on Revolution. it's a solution that you put on their skin, behind their shoulderblades, once a month. it's a flea, tick, etc AND earmite protector. I don;t know if you would have Revolution there, but I'm sure you will have something similar. Just ask your vet. The good news is, once my cats were on it, the ear mites never came back, even after I took them off the revolution a couple years ago.

Offline ice{LM/TD}

• innocent until proven... er...
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 05:08:35 PM »
Also if using the medicine seems to irritate the lil critters ears, this sounds odd but i have used it on rabbits, puppies and kittens when they had mites, a little slightly warmed vegetable or olive oil can be put into the ears with a dropper, the oil coats the mites and suffocates them and the head-shaking helps clear the gunky stuff out. Just pe prepared to rinse off a greasykitty.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Claudia

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 09:14:14 AM »
We are very sad, we had to give the lil kitten away, because my sons allergie was getting worse, he could barely breathe and his eyes were swollen shut und  itching like mad, he was just crying all the time.

Fortunately we found someone not far from here who  has lil Tigger now  so maybe we can see him from time to time.

:(
aka Savinella