Author Topic: Mae's tumit hunt  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Mae

Mae's tumit hunt
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:33:41 AM »
Mae
Tuvock's Mate
Clan of Hunters
MTC-TP
: yawns it was nice to be sleeping out under the stars again looks over seeing Tuv must have gotten up with the sun.. rolls up to My feet and puls up the bed roll.. lashing it to the beast and flings up the saddle buckling it down before mounting lightening .. lays My bow over the pomel.. and kicks the beast to get started looking for food to kill * 
(11:56:20 )

Mae
Tuvock's Mate
Clan of Hunters
MTC-TP
: **slowed down lightening seeing a tumit in the distance slipped off of the kailla pushed it off keeping down in the tall prairie grasses slowly snaking My way around to the side of the big bird .. thankful for lightenings training she pushed the bird over into My direction.. I kept perfectly still knowing the animals ears were very keen .. finally moving every so slowly up onto one knee head now barely above the tall grass pulls up the bow and knotches an arrow .. I knew I probably would only get one chance at the surprize then it would be a fight .. taking in controlled breaths.. agonizingly slow I pulled back the string keeping My elbow at a 90 degree the string brushing My cheek stopping finger tips just at My ear .. looking down the arrow siting the birds chest where its heart was finally just as the bird turned let the arrow fly the soft wizzing sound followed by the dulled thud hit the air .. 

(12:07:20 )

Mae
Tuvock's Mate
Clan of Hunters
MTC-TP
: * the bird turned in a circle giving out a cry that vibrated in the air for many pasangs I was sure.. I knotched another arrow letting it fly this time at the birds upper thigh hoping that would take it down .. lightening already approaching the bird I yelled out for it to stop.. knowing that birds beak was deadly if anything got close.. finally the bird subcomes to the arrows falling over writhing I move closer this time making sure I hit the heart .. whistled for lightening to come over grabbed some rope tieing the birds legs together slips the rope over the pummel of the saddle using it like a pully wrenching the bird slowly up to the side of the kaiila knowing I will not get it over the hind quarters ties off the rope getting another one and makes a noose slips it over the birds head and ties it off on the saddle .. then mounts lightening heading back for the camp .. *

(12:10:59 )

Mae
Tuvock's Mate
Clan of Hunters
MTC-TP
: nods to a few out riders heading out to switch sifts on patrol.. yells to a few thralls to come and take the bird to be hung and cleaned.. telling them to make sure not to drag the bird any more than I already have knowing the feathers could be used for ink quills and sold for a good price. .. walks lightening into her stall pets her telling her she did good.. takes off the saddle and lays out some feed and water for her then brushes her down laying a blanket over her back until she has cooled off .. 

(12:13:14 )

Mae
Tuvock's Mate
Clan of Hunters
MTC-TP
: hums making My way back to where the bird was being hung stops the thralls with the birds head on the ground .. hurries to get an ax cutting off the head .. telling them you cant drain blood with the head on .. grabs the head slinging it over My shoulder hoping we have a big enough pot to boil it down in .. 

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:59:02 AM by Buddha »