Author Topic: ATTENTION!!!!!  (Read 6762 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
ATTENTION!!!!!
« on: May 30, 2020, 12:11:59 AM »
I am pleased to announce WEBMAZE will be getting a face-lift, upgrades, and will be a powerhouse among chat servers once again with enough muscle to handle just about anything thrown our way!!!!!

We are in the process now of switching over, transferring data and numerous capabilities.

The downside to this is soon WEBMAZE will have to go offline to complete this process. The duration of time is uncertain, as this is a huge step up for us. Rest assured we are working as quickly as we can, making fixes, upgrades, and re-writing necessary scripts as we go. We hope not to inconvenience any of you for long, and when Maze comes back online, we will tweak it and then Buddha will turn me loose to see if I can break it.

That is the fun part for me. I think Buddha dreads it. LOL

But when I can no longer break it, we will announce the date of our Grand Re-opening so everyone may return to their existing homes, and visitors may come and see what we have too offer in all sections.

We will be accepting new rooms as well as any older Maze rooms wishing to return.

This has been a long time in the works, and soon it will become reality.

Hope to see you all when we come back online bigger, stronger, faster, and better!!!!!

Hartlyn

Re: ATTENTION!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 08:32:45 AM »
This is wonderful news! I’m so excited to see this!!

Offline MageNathaniel1

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 03:12:27 PM »
happy to hear and do keep maclaaren and the other rooms dedicated to the memory of those missing e.g. smokes tower

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 03:12:52 PM »
Yay!! How exciting!!
"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 05:45:06 PM »
happy to hear and do keep maclaaren and the other rooms dedicated to the memory of those missing e.g. smokes tower

That is my intent at this time. They were, and always will be part of Maze.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »
An update:

The data transferring is going well thus far, and is meeting expectation in most areas, and exceeding it in others.

Maze and you may still notice some intermittent interruptions and resets for a couple more days give or take, as corrections and better coding is being done in most areas prior to transfer.

The site is still expected to be taken down for some of the heavier data transfers and re-coding we are working on. Bear with us. We are working as quickly as we can without making any errors that could slow us down even more.

I am guestimating when the site is taken offline to bring it all together, it may be down a week to ten days. If less... then GREAT!!!!! But I would rather try to give you a longer guestimate than one too short.

For the next couple days, please avoid any heavy loading or deleting from your member area. These changes are saved to the server, and that adds time while it is backing up the data before we can move it. So go easy. After that, we will have to remove the ability to add or delete entirely until after the data is fully transfered and saved to our new server. Once completed, you will be able to do whatever it is you normally do. We just outgrew our old capabilities and it needs a new home which we now have.

Bear with us, and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised when we have finished.

TY!!!!!

Hartlyn

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 07:05:32 AM »
Thank you for this update

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »
Maze will be going down either tonight or tomorrow!!!!!

See you when we return!!!!!

Offline MageNathaniel1

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 02:35:27 PM »
thank you 

Hartlyn

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »
We’ll be here!!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 04:37:43 PM »
Just another update. Progress is being made slowly but surely.

A few snags popped up, which is no real surprise in a venture of this magnitude, but one by one they are being taken care of.

Things are still looking good overall.

Please continue to bear with us.

Thanks!!!!!

Rags

Hartlyn

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 10:13:09 AM »
Good - I know how you like a good challenge!

Thank you for the update. Nothing makes you want to RP more than not being able to  ;D

Offline Arnkatla

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »
You haven't broken it yet!!!  -snickers-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 09:28:33 PM »
You haven't broken it yet!!!  -snickers-

Give me time, I am sure I will. LOL

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 04:57:39 AM »
Just a quick update that you, the chatters should notice right off.

Almost all the rooms have gotten a remodeled facelift. I am no graphics kinda guy, but I did the best I could. Those not yet done should be very soon.

I AM CURRENTLY looking for a Graphics Coordinator if anyone is interested. I can not really use anyone working for another site, as it would create a conflict of interest. But the duties would be, but may not be limited to; entry graphics, banners, avatars, event planners, general avatar guideline memorizing and advising, possibly taking scripts of meetings and such when necessary, possible room visiting for Maze growth, and tolerating my insanity. If interested, let me know and we will further discuss terms.

Now...

The hourly reloading issue seems to be solved.

You will notice the majority of links have vanished from your entry pages bodies. You still may have header links, but all the Maze links (And more are to come) are now accessible through the button in the top right hand corner of your entry frame. It cleans up the entry page and keeps everything a click away. Only room specific links are on your entry pages.

The Whochat displays some rooms with candles. These are Memorial Rooms of chatters who have passed away. Feel free to chat in these rooms, take up residence, and enjoy them. It would be a fine way to remember our departed.

Room Leaders... if you have requests for changes, IM me and let me know and I will jump on those ASAP to get you running as you hope for. Just bear in mind, I can not reverse the earth's rotation. Some things just have to be for the time being, but Buddha and I are working on a good many things. Maybe next week I will reverse the rotation, but not this week. Forgive me.

Stay posted for further developments!!! They are coming!!!!!