Author Topic: Have to share...........  (Read 659 times)

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
Have to share...........
« on: July 22, 2014, 05:37:46 PM »
In 2011, my Dad was diagnosed with non hodgkin's lymphoma and underwent rounds of chemo for it.   By mid 2012, they could find no traces of it left.  Since then, he had been going ever 3-6 months for CT scans and blood work because they said that in the first 2-3 years of remission, the cancer is most likely to return...

We went back for a checkup today and they told him that he was still clear.. Which makes it a little over two years with no sign of any form of cancer in him.  So they finally moved him to blood work only every 6 months with the CT and oncology ever year.  Unless something shows up in blood work or he had knots come up on him or the night sweats and unexplained fevers and chills on a regular basis..  But that is standard precautions they tell everyone..

I'm sitting here tearing up because every 6 months I'm a nervous wreck.. Cause god knows my Dad never speak of anything bothering him til it's all to hell and back or the Dr pins him down on something specific..  So I never know until we show up if he's having any symptoms.  But the tears today are of relief..   The Dr says that the fact Dad's graduated to every year for a CT is something that most never see. 

I am just so mentally exhausted.. relieved.. and still coming down off of the nervous high that I have every time I go to the VA with him. 

I know I haven't been around, but I've not been fit company for anyone..   (ask my Daughter  -lol-)  Things will change now.. 

Thank you all for your patience with me! 

Love you all so much more than words can say.

The player behind Merci..

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Have to share...........
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!!!!
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 07:17:18 PM »
So happy for the good news, Sis!

Will continue to pray for continued good things for him!

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Very glad You got good news ;)

Now breathe! Relax! and enjoy time with him.

As always, You and those who need it, are in my thoughts and prayers.
~*~~*~

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 10:28:15 AM »
That is a blessing hun!  Great news to hear!

Raz