Author Topic: Records?  (Read 6485 times)

kelsey

Records?
« on: May 18, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »
One of my wonderful staff suggested keeping individual records.  I am thinking this might be a good idea.  I'm putting this up here so we can discuss this further

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: Records?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
I am for it... at least we can pull up a history when and/or if needed....

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »
records of what? individual treatment? maybe it would be worth it to have records of like Poppas treatments... but other then that I dont know of anyone who gets injured often enough to need that kind of thing.

Offline Huntress

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »
Kels - I think records are a wonderful idea. Even if not everyone gets injured alot etc., it would be most helped on having background info.

Vala
"It is said that only the heart of the mountain larl brings more luck then that of the vicious ,cunning sleen."
Outlaw of Gor, p. 37

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »
records of what? individual treatment? maybe it would be worth it to have records of like Poppas treatments... but other then that I dont know of anyone who gets injured often enough to need that kind of thing.

Lemme pose a question to you to help you with this one....

How many people in Tuchuk have had their serum shots?

Seasonal physicals?

Slavewine?

I think is will work well to help us all with remember this information.

Raz
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:26:04 PM by Raziel »

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:28:57 AM »
i know im only a slave and as a slave what i say dont count for much but i think it is a good idea to keep records, as the only healing slave in camp i dont know who has had what and if there was records that i could check it would be good

kadi
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36:40 AM »

My file would be huge
bye bye!

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
Raz- I guess you're right, I didn't think about the fact that not everyone retains loads of useless information like I do (I for some reason keep track of height and eyecolors -shrugs-)

But would it be better to have a thread for like slavewine, and another for the serum shots... But how would we do the rest of it? Putting everyones treatments down might prove tedious, and some people don't ever get injured (or just very rarely)

kelsey

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 04:36:59 PM »
But everyone gets a physical. and who in our camp doesn't get injured?  Here are my thoughts....Injuries can be put on the regular duty thread.  The records would contain other information.  Permanent changes would be noted; physicals, surgeries etc.

Example:

Name:  Kelsey
Age: (I'll have to figure that one out....I think with all the kids that have grown up I am like in my 60's)
Clan:  Healer
Serum Shots:  Yes
Blood Type:  O+
Children: 3 living
pregnancies: 1
FC - Not applicable
Parents - Father merchant in Turia; mother was an urth slave

Physical

Date
complaints?
reflexes:  Normal
Eye Test - Passed
Heart - pass
Lungs - pass
teeth - pass
Female exam - normal

********************************************************************************************************

4/09 - frontal lobotomy

Another option would be to use the duty thread and once the treatment is finished, make a note in the records, such as

5/12/09 - Injured in a pie throwing contest.  Treated for a sprained pinkie finger
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:45:49 PM by Kelsey »

Offline Taryn

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »
Now would we have it under a completely different section like we have duty logs, we could have Physical logs... Then each person could have their own folder, because after so many posts, modifications and such, the "log" would have to be made into two or more, depends on what happens to them... But going over Kelsey's recent reply, if we do the "KISS", keep it simple, stupid... then that shouldn't be a problem, just add what happened on what date such as 4/09 or 5/12/09 and do a brief explanation of what happened, and the rest of the treatment could be found on the duty log...

kelsey

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 06:27:32 PM »
I don't think I can get anymore boards at this time.  It would be housed here

Offline Taryn

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 06:35:22 PM »
It was an idea... ~smiles~ we can just do another sticky thread like we have with Chore, Inventory and Duty logs...

Offline Arlon

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »
I also like the idea of keeping individual records, though the logisitics of such are daunting, at least initially. Perhaps the records could be housed in a password-locked section of the Pages that only Healers had access to? That could solve a number of problems, including storage space and patient confidentiality (granted there is no HIPAA on Gor, but I'm sure we'd have to come up with something to keep records private wouldn't we?).
Again, jsut My two tarsk bits' worth *snicker*

Arlon

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
Daunting prospect all around, but it's a good idea to keep patient records besides just on the duty log.  There's a whole slew of pages on the duty log, and trying to find something on them is absolutely nuts.  I can look into adding patient files to the website, depending on what folks need.  Look into password protecting if necessary, but I doubt it will be, I mean exams aren't exactly done in PM, at least most of them aren't.

Offline Arlon

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »
*g* Noted, Sis, that part was jsut an idea anyway. Wasn't sure if it would be an issue or not *w*

Arlon